• Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
2h-cav
« on: December 20, 2011, 11:21:50 pm »
Morningstar on cav without a shield uses 2h-wpf, right?
If it does, i'm not quite sure which build i should go for. I guess the arabian would be the best choice, because bump-slash is probably the way to go, so i will need at least 7 riding. But 15/21 won't do it for me, 5 PS is just not enough. Or should i just get a courser and go for 18/18?

Any experienced cav could give me an advise? =D

Offline Maximus101

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Merciless_Takeolan
Re: 2h-cav
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 11:46:07 pm »
Although I'd hardly call myself experienced I am going for 2 hander cav this gen myself. It is very good with morningstar as I can 1 hit almost anything and be effective once my horse is down also. I am using a 21/15 build but I will probably go for 18/18 or 18/21 next time. I am using full 2 hander wpf and tbh bump slashing is working fine destrier and even a rouncey when I am a bit short on money xD. Morningstar works great but I have also been trying war axe. Nice damage and cheap repairs- works great.

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 11:56:48 pm »
Although I'd hardly call myself experienced I am going for 2 hander cav this gen myself. It is very good with morningstar as I can 1 hit almost anything and be effective once my horse is down also. I am using a 21/15 build but I will probably go for 18/18 or 18/21 next time. I am using full 2 hander wpf and tbh bump slashing is working fine destrier and even a rouncey when I am a bit short on money xD. Morningstar works great but I have also been trying war axe. Nice damage and cheap repairs- works great.

Great, so i really don't need to get 6 riding =)
Just wanted to make sure i'm not missing a lot if i can't get on a courser or an arabian warhorse^^

Then i probably will go for 21/15. I am 24/15 pure 2h right now and i am doing fine with just 5 WM and 5 ATH. 7IF and 7 PS will do the job on siege as well.

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 12:25:55 am »
Just a thought too - if you don't pump Weaponmaster or Shield, its possible to convert enough times for a 21/21 or an 18/24 build.  I rode a +2 courser with 8 riding and a longsword, and it was pretty disgusting, but it all depends on your playstyle.  5 Riding is probably enough.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 01:19:03 am »
Just a thought too - if you don't pump Weaponmaster or Shield, its possible to convert enough times for a 21/21 or an 18/24 build.  I rode a +2 courser with 8 riding and a longsword, and it was pretty disgusting, but it all depends on your playstyle.  5 Riding is probably enough.

Nah. Since HRE is playing mostly on siege servers, just 3 points for ath or weaponmaster is not enough for me.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 08:51:58 am »
Everkistus is using 7 riding and champion arabian and is doing very well as a 2h cav.

I'm a 2h cav myself, but I'm 18/21 infantry build with 3 points to riding from leveling to 31. I still do well with my rouncey though, enough speed to 1-2 shot most people with a loomed morningstar :D

Either way you won't be killing people who pay attention, atleast most of them. 2h cav is still the worst of the cavalry classes. But it's quite challenging to play, lots of fun for me.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 01:29:26 pm »
+5
I cant help much with build advice im afraid as i gave up with lvl 30 along time ago.

I'll add my input for what its worth on 2h cav though.

A.) Heavy cavalry is your friend. 2h cav, with its lack of ranged protection can suffer at the hands of a good archer or 2. Don't waste your precious riding points on getting your horse 2 shot and buy a real one with some armor.

B.) Although unaware archers and engaged infantry are easy kills remember that you are seen as a large easy target with more gold than brains. USE THIS. Make yourself the target utilise the ignorance of people regarding 2h cav. Lul them into the false sence of security then strike with fast swinging pierce damage of death.

C.) Show no fear. Do not be afraid to take on lancers. The time they spend chasing you is time they cant spend killing pesants to help their e-peen syndrome.  Charging foes head on aswell can be suprisingly effective but defo requries atleast a destrier.

D.) As with 1h cav use the bump. Its your greatest ally, maybe not your teamates. (hence why i spend most my time typing 'sorry'.

E.) 2h cav is a mans cavalry. Feel free to behave as a true gentleman should and give up your steed to a fellow in need. Timely delivery of your horse to a good lancer my old friend like tommyyy or oberyn can swing the battle in your favour. Remember you'll be far more effective off the horse than one of those guys with their silly poles of compensation.

Final note from me on 2h cav. Make sure you let thomek (the hater) know how much fun you have as 2h cav and tell him he should try it as you bump slash him in the face.

Good luck my good men, see you on the field!

Cas - 2h cav
Turtles

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 01:36:35 pm »
Either way, welcome to 2h cav. We're now a total of 4 or 5.  :mrgreen:

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 01:38:19 pm »
I cant help much with build advice im afraid as i gave up with lvl 30 along time ago.

I'll add my input for what its worth on 2h cav though.

A.) Heavy cavalry is your friend. 2h cav, with its lack of ranged protection can suffer at the hands of a good archer or 2. Don't waste your precious riding points on getting your horse 2 shot and buy a real one with some armor.

B.) Although unaware archers and engaged infantry are easy kills remember that you are seen as a large easy target with more gold than brains. USE THIS. Make yourself the target utilise the ignorance of people regarding 2h cav. Lul them into the false sence of security then strike with fast swinging pierce damage of death.

C.) Show no fear. Do not be afraid to take on lancers. The time they spend chasing you is time they cant spend killing pesants to help their e-peen syndrome.  Charging foes head on aswell can be suprisingly effective but defo requries atleast a destrier.

D.) As with 1h cav use the bump. Its your greatest ally, maybe not your teamates. (hence why i spend most my time typing 'sorry'.

E.) 2h cav is a mans cavalry. Feel free to behave as a true gentleman should and give up your steed to a fellow in need. Timely delivery of your horse to a good lancer my old friend like tommyyy or oberyn can swing the battle in your favour. Remember you'll be far more effective off the horse than one of those guys with their silly poles of compensation.

Final note from me on 2h cav. Make sure you let thomek (the hater) know how much fun you have as 2h cav and tell him he should try it as you bump slash him in the face.

Good luck my good men, see you on the field!

Cas - 2h cav

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7edeOEuXdMU#t=0m09s

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 02:27:41 pm »
I'll just leave this here. Level > 30 chars.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 02:30:22 pm »
Nice stats. Does it count only when we're using 2h on a horse, or when we're on foot too (aka tracks by riding skill only)?
Because I have a lot better KD when on foot.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 03:46:06 pm »
Don't get what the stats have to do with anything...
Turtles

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 04:00:19 pm »
They show that you are not as
(click to show/hide)
as you seem to think.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 04:11:22 pm »
Remember as 2h cav that you will struggle to take on a good lancer, ha will chase you down and no spear armed infantry is afraid of you :P

but seriously Caismir one of the few 2h cav that play the class well so I would listen to him (especially about taking a heavy horses).

All I would say is there are not many 2h weapons that work 'well' off horse so pick which one you take carefully but dont be scared to experiment with unlikely candidates! Might discover the new thing ;)
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 04:53:06 pm »
I'll just leave this here. Level > 30 chars.

(click to show/hide)
The hell? K/D of 1,91 for above level 30 2h cav? Half of those are probably Royyyaanns. Still only 2,5 times as much kills by lancer cav than 2h cav. I feel like the 2h/pole cav ratio is like 1 to 10.

Paul can't you publish these stats like monthly, or atleast once for all classes. Stat nerds like me would like it. I would prefer it if it would be shown from lvl 30 though. Not above 30. The bulk of the playerbase is lvl 30.