Author Topic: [BUG] Fief ownership and faction change  (Read 439 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
[BUG] Fief ownership and faction change
« on: December 20, 2011, 12:01:37 am »
+1
So, as some people might have noticed, a lot of the old Risen members just broke out and created Merciless. The two Risen fief owners, me (Jarlek) and Sivlan decided in the end to join this new clan. We then left the Risen Strategus faction and joined the Merciless one. The problem is that our fiefs didn't change with us. They are still classified as Risen and faction members in it still have to pay rent, tax, etc.

We tried to go around this by changing ownership, but it fails and I get the message "Fief transfer failed.". I'm guessing the only way to make this work is the attack it again. That will work for now, but you devs might want to add some code to make the fief change (or update) it's faction if the fief owner changes faction.

I know it's not a big issue, and it's probably more important to fix the map right now, but it would be nice if you fixed this.

Please feel free to drop a message if you've read this and put it on your "to do" list (or alternatively tell it's supposed to be like this, if that's the situation).

PS: Although this is a Strategus Issue, if this is supposed to be in the Bug section, please feel to move the thread.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: [BUG] Fief ownership and faction change
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 06:42:33 am »
LMAO
Database normalization fail! Well, the database obviously isn't in 3NF. I'm curious if they even got it to 2NF

If you want, the glorious and awesome Dehitay is currently out of work and offering to help the development team rather than laugh at them. But for now, laughing. It's the only way to get rid of the stress from all the current problems.