Author Topic: Morningstar on horseback  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
Re: Morningstar on horseback
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 06:21:30 pm »
Not the best but powerful indeed, however it's weakness like I said it's the speed (And unbalanced but rarely people feint on horse) and by using 1h animations gets the penalty too even if you don't use shield for some reason.

If you get surprised and slashed from behind imo you should die or suffer a big hit not keep on walking as if nothing happened.

But your right bump slash is annoying and while jumping on the side or blocking and jumping/moving to the side helps (I blocked several 1h/2h cav like this) I understand your point.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 06:37:56 pm »
I honestly dont feel that cavalry have ANY way of killing me if Im aware of them, except by bumpslashing, and range doesnt really matter then XD

Of course, a gank is a gank, and then you cannot help yourself sometimes, but since there are no longer any crushthoughs from horseback, as long as you see the cavalry coming u can jump away from couches, and block all other attacks. WORST come to worst, and you are being repeatedly ran over, find a tree, rock, sudden change of ground angle, fence, wall, etc and suddenly YOU have the advantage vs the horseman.
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 08:02:01 pm »
Except that the mounted animations are completely different than the normal ones.
Just tested it. The 1h animations are the same on horse as on ground. The difference is when you are swinging and looking to the ground, the angle is changed a lot. The reach is the same, though, just that you have to think more in a circle when you're on a horse.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2011, 09:16:31 pm »
Did you actually test the reach and if so how? Cause the animations look completely different, with the exception of the overhead. The mounted stab isn't even a native animation..

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2011, 09:27:27 pm »
Dont fuck with Zapper !!!! :evil:

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2011, 10:07:38 pm »
Did you actually test the reach and if so how? Cause the animations look completely different, with the exception of the overhead. The mounted stab isn't even a native animation..
Oh yeah. Forgot the stab. But the Swings and overheads are the same, at least they looks so. Didn't check the reach but thinking of trying the Cudgel in 1h mode and 2h mode. Should work, right?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2011, 10:08:24 pm »
2h cav is op? :L

also trust me the animations for 2h cav are fuckign rediculious.
Turtles

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2011, 10:39:04 pm »
Oh yeah. Forgot the stab. But the Swings and overheads are the same, at least they looks so. Didn't check the reach but thinking of trying the Cudgel in 1h mode and 2h mode. Should work, right?

Swings are different, just look at how the sword is held at the ready position when mounted compared to on the ground. Overhead is the only one that looks the same.

Anyway since the OP clearly has no idea what he's talking about I'm done with this thread.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2011, 10:45:27 pm »
Swings are different, just look at how the sword is held at the ready position when mounted compared to on the ground. Overhead is the only one that looks the same.

Anyway since the OP clearly has no idea what he's talking about I'm done with this thread.

theres no point arguing with zapper anyway, the guy cant tell the difference between his beliefs and reality
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2011, 11:17:32 pm »

OK. Just checked on EU_3 now. The length from the 1h animation on horse and the 1h on the ground is almost the same. I suspect the one on the horse is SLIGHLY longer, maybe +20 for a right-to-left, but this is negated by the horses size, so the practical length is almost the same.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2011, 10:18:52 am »
i remember being told 2h lose 30% speed and damage on horseback, nuff said?
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2011, 12:23:17 am »
i remember being told 2h lose 30% speed and damage on horseback, nuff said?

Same as pole. So yeah, morningstar is ok on horsie.