Poll

Is this admin doing their job correctly?

Yes
41 (61.2%)
No
22 (32.8%)
Luna
4 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: [NA] Braeden  (Read 9051 times)

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
Re: [EU/NA] Braeden
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2011, 08:34:20 pm »
So, I dont want to play devils advocate too much here... but when Fallen archers ran to the edges of the map for 10 minutes at the end of a strat battle and we called them out on delaying - we were told the delaying rule did not apply to Strategus battles.

The situation which took place this morning has its own problematic that I'm not arguing against. I just want to be clear on what the rule is concerning delaying.

If the attackers siege a castle and fail to bring enough ladders to kill off a dozen troops who survived the siege... do the defenders get called out on delaying because they're not jumping down from their castle walls to attack the enemy?

I'd think if the defenders still hold the castle then no, it shouldn't apply, and the attackers would have to retreat. Of course, that's up to an admin's discretion, and we all know how that's gone in the past ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Syls

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
  • Game nicks: Syls
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2011, 03:00:02 am »
I disapprove of you actions in the lovely 7am battle between Invicti and FCC.

The defenders retreated to a tower in the map which you all made and because the defenders refused to loose another ticket to bring a ladder you kicked the whole defending  team in a pompous show of support for FCC.

The defenders were not delaying but trying to wait for 'reinforcements' to keep the enemy from taking the village and because Kesh didnt want to looose a ticket to get a man to bring a ladder you decide to kick every one! Absurd and bad admining IMO. Tasteless decision to interefere with a strategic strat battle on a very biased whim.

In my opinion, he went easy on you and gave countless warnings. He should have kicked everybody that stayed after the 8th warning.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 03:04:45 am by Syls »

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2011, 08:45:02 am »
In my opinion, he went easy on you and gave countless warnings. He should have kicked everybody that stayed after the 8th warning.
The ban menu is not really conducive to quick action, unfortunately.

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2011, 09:14:42 am »
REALLY ADMIN  ARE GETTING TO BIG FOR THIER BRITCHES. How about attackers come back next day if they dont wanna spawn a ladder. Maybe some one attacks a Castle and since they forgot to spawn with ladders and dont wanna waste a ticket to bring a ladder u call ur local big headed Badmin and ask them to kick the whole enemy team so they can win because thier 'in' the right. Last I remember this was a game not a admins drama show where they can play god and kick entire  team because they dont wanna sit there and watch thier favorite team have to bring a ladder. Admin abuse abuse abuse! No 1 here was sky walking, glitching etc they just found a spot to hide from attackers, and since attackers didnt wanna bring a ladder they ask thier stupid admin friend to kick the WHOLE enemy team. Fucking  retarded. Absurd pompous admining! I demand reperations!
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2011, 10:44:50 am »
While delaying is not permitted the attackers were sieging a castle no? In many games if the attackers take too much they have to retire cause they ate all food, losing moral, etc

I don't really see the point of kicking the defenders when they are just defending the castle, it should only apply to attackers that delay not vice verse.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2011, 01:25:25 pm »
While delaying is not permitted the attackers were sieging a castle no? In many games if the attackers take too much they have to retire cause they ate all food, losing moral, etc

I don't really see the point of kicking the defenders when they are just defending the castle, it should only apply to attackers that delay not vice verse.
From what I read; it was a village not a castle and the defenders had been fighting normally until they had 0 tickets left. Some people on an unreachable roof, then destroyed the ladder up to it and then just sat there, waiting for the timer to end, which would make attackers lose. That's the issue.
The only reason castles are mentioned is because the defenders are now complaining that they could now just attack a castle, spawn with no ladders or anything and then get the defenders kicked because "they can't reach them". This is a bullshit comparison, btw.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2011, 07:04:48 pm »
+1
It wasn't even an unreachable roof. It was a wall which they dropped down from into a circular tower with no exit. They basically imprisoned themselves while the attackers were making themselves at home in the village proper.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2011, 07:23:34 pm »
REALLY ADMIN  ARE GETTING TO BIG FOR THIER BRITCHES. How about attackers come back next day if they dont wanna spawn a ladder. Maybe some one attacks a Castle and since they forgot to spawn with ladders and dont wanna waste a ticket to bring a ladder u call ur local big headed Badmin and ask them to kick the whole enemy team so they can win because thier 'in' the right. Last I remember this was a game not a admins drama show where they can play god and kick entire  team because they dont wanna sit there and watch thier favorite team have to bring a ladder. Admin abuse abuse abuse! No 1 here was sky walking, glitching etc they just found a spot to hide from attackers, and since attackers didnt wanna bring a ladder they ask thier stupid admin friend to kick the WHOLE enemy team. Fucking  retarded. Absurd pompous admining! I demand reperations!
I would issue a bullet-pointed retort, but I'm assuming from the frequent misspellings and the general tone that this is sarcasm.  It is pretty hard to tell on the forums though, so let me know if I'm wrong. For the sake of other comments, though, I will issue bullet #2.
  • Villages aren't castles.  Though Maras may be a village.  And by comparison, Istiniar a castle.  However, that village was definitely a village, as evidenced by the great many villagers.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2011, 07:34:48 pm »
That I didn't know thought it was a castle being mentioned, my apologies then. 

Dunno then have to see the actual situation to judge as I wasn't there.

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2011, 01:09:03 am »
There is being a good sport and there is being cheated.  Suprises will happen in battle and Im only saying what every 1 is thinking. This was an outrage. Admins should be more

careful in the future to when they decide to intervene in games and when not to. I didnt make the map, chadz didnt make it, the game makers made it. If there was any Fruad or

bad sportmanship it was on that battle it was on the attackers side. You want to take a village so bad, place a ladder and finish the game. You dont ask an admit to kick the whole

enemy team and even worse threaten to ban them if they dont kill themselves.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2011, 02:36:48 am »

It was bad sportsmanship on the part of the aforementioned defenders to go into an otherwise unreachable spot in the first place.save a few cases, i'm pretty sure the only ones thinking what you are thinking are the other ones on the defending team.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2011, 09:09:07 am »
Oh, you were serious.  Bullet points it is then.

• My britches are huge.
  • Villages aren't castles.  Though Maras may be a village.  And by comparison, Istiniar a castle.  However, that village was definitely a village, as evidenced by the great many villagers.
  • There was no possibility of achieving anything but a waste of time from this strategy and you know it.
  • I was planning on kicking and banning well before anyone started asking.
  • Right, I'm biased towards TkoV and not DL.  That makes sense.  Everyone knows I hate DL.  I mean, who thought basing a clan on a silly book was a good idea?  Probably an awesome person who makes great decisions, that's who.
  • Nobody accused anyone of sky walking or glitching.  Delaying != glitching.  You are still guilty of grand theft auto regardless of how many children you didn't stab.
  • Even in the event that I was incorrect, and reparations were given, you wouldn't get them.  You weren't a party to the battle.  No reparations for you.
  • I refuse to believe that this was actually necessary, and will continue to think of Hospitaller as not silly enough to really think that "hide in a hole they can't get to" was a good idea.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2011, 09:18:16 am »
There is being a good sport and there is being cheated.

You were beaten. No troops left. No help coming.

You trapped yourselves in a tower.

You had lost and were trying to delay.

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2011, 09:35:33 am »
Heaven forbid any 1 else defends some where on the map a Fcc/Fallen archer cant reach. Heaven forbid.

As for time isnt there a timer in there for defenders to hold out in the first place? Why all this talk of delaying?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 09:38:04 am by Lordark »

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2011, 04:03:07 pm »

Keeping the timer in mind, why one earth would you think that going into an unreachable position to try and run out the clock would be ok or tolerated? This entire series of rants regarding this incident have been so ridiculous and lacking of common sense and reason. Honestly, i'm almost positive that those posting in here would be absolutely furious at these tactics being put into play were the shoe on the other foot.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.