Author Topic: End this STR madness  (Read 17218 times)

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
Re: End this STR madness
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2011, 10:49:45 am »
people who mastered the art of blocking and S-Key makes agility builds annoyingly useful, if we buff agi we're gonna see massive increase in backpeddling spee, and even more of these speed demons with eyes in the back of their heads.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2011, 10:18:14 pm »
I'm playing a strength build for the first time ever, and it is hilarious how much easier it is compared to the balanced builds I usually play.

I can take 4-8 hits from 1h / non-str builds, and I usually 2-3 hit everybody (except other str builds).

I would really just like to see the effectiveness of armor and IF reduced. I feel that player skill would play a much bigger role if everybody died in 2-4 hits.

You like variety, yet you want to make str builds behave more like balanced builds. Do you only like cosmetic variety? If str builds are so awesome, then why are most of the good players actually using balanced builds? And way to exaggerate the amount of hits you can take. I play a 32/6 character with 10 IF, and can't take 8 hits even in good armor.

I must say it again, str builds are fine, compared to balanced builds. What you gain in clusterfuck survivability, you lose in dueling capability. The problem is that high agi builds are not very good. They gain little to nothing compared to balanced builds and lose much.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 10:19:58 pm by zagibu »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Mithus

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2011, 10:30:40 pm »
the current system is balanced, no need to change something that is working fine.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2011, 10:33:55 pm »
+1
the current system is balanced, no need to change something that is working fine.

WPF is working fine? WPF isn't working at all.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2011, 10:53:29 pm »
EU has not matured and turned into NA yet, that's why it still has agi builds. And no, WPF doesn't really matter that much. It should matter more. You get a lot more benefits by going STR.

Not a bad suggestion either, but wpf reduction per str level won't matter until WPF itself starts to matter more.

NA has not matured and turned into EU yet, that's why it still has str builds. And yes, WPF does really matter that much. It should not matter more. You get a lot more benefits by going agi-balanced.

I wonder what a str guy can do vs a 15/24 DGS guy that continuously can run in, hit and run out before the opponent can swing back. It's not even backpedalling (which still is effective against the average player), it's all the advantages you get by having faster movements than others. You notice an unaware enemy in your back while fighting ? No problem you just stop your duel and go take the kill. There's an horse charging at you full speed ? Thanks to your professional athletics training and extreme fitness your body has 0 inertia so you can run to one side, jump 3 meters in the opposite direction and land before you understand what you are doing.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2011, 10:54:42 pm »
How does WPF matter? There was even a WaltF4 post where he showed how little WPF matters. Why do people do just fine with lower WPF?

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2011, 11:37:38 pm »
hm honestly u have to see the difference though

a str build with 3 agil that the most noob can top the charts with is far more effective then a agil build with 3 str that only the most skilled can survive with.

does there need to be change?idk people r so scared of ninjas but whenever u see one 9/10 hes a troll with no skill and no threat.but when u see a str build 9/10 hes a troll with no skill who can kill u

and i dont think u can count someone as an agil build if they have 15 str, thats more of a balanced buiild who is leaning toward agil and dito to a str with 15 agil

so im rraely a agil build then im primarily a character with 18 str the rest in agil
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2011, 11:44:19 pm »
I wonder what a str guy can do vs a 15/24 DGS guy that continuously can run in, hit and run out before the opponent can swing back. It's not even backpedalling (which still is effective against the average player), it's all the advantages you get by having faster movements than others. You notice an unaware enemy in your back while fighting ? No problem you just stop your duel and go take the kill. There's an horse charging at you full speed ? Thanks to your professional athletics training and extreme fitness your body has 0 inertia so you can run to one side, jump 3 meters in the opposite direction and land before you understand what you are doing.

I never said agi builds didn't have their own advantages, what I'm saying is STR builds have more advantages. From taking hits, to doing 1-2 shots on people, taking a dozen arrows before you go down, while having no real WPF penalty.

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2011, 12:58:16 am »
What are the practical purposes for "balancing" STR and AGI? Why do they need to be equally viable? Maybe STR is the main stat and AGI is generally a secondary stat.

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2011, 01:08:57 am »
I used to think STR was OP... Until I finally made an agility build.

Strength is definitely easier to play but I think agility builds have the potential to do more once you get good. (I know you're good, I'm just saying).

I went 12/27, an extreme agility build and on my first five game, I went like 10:1 kdrs (mainly because I was so pumped and happy with this fun build). Run around in circles around slow plated people and just demolish them, moving in and out of their swings... (I can kill SaulCanner with it sometimes, I consider it effective LOL)

The biggest problem is that normal bolts and arrows will just rape you... Better learn to dodge good.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:10:12 am by PieParadox »

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2011, 01:43:21 am »
Give more wpf from wm levels

I want to hybrid 3 things!

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2011, 11:32:31 pm »
NA has not matured and turned into EU yet, that's why it still has str builds. And yes, WPF does really matter that much. It should not matter more. You get a lot more benefits by going agi-balanced.

Bullshit.  I've only EVER played balanced builds (with any imbalance leaning towards agi because I MUST hybrid) barring my STF strength builder and everything you're describing about agility DOES
NOT
HAPPEN

7 athletics means fuck all, maneuverability in combat is the same vs those str builders with only 4-5 athletics.  Athletics ONLY decreases the time it takes you to go from a dead stop to full speed while sprinting.  In combat you cannot sprint as there is that stupid Warband delay with it instead of it being on-demand like any sane FPS combat game.  And 0 inertia my ass.  Jumping 3 meters?

Seriously dude, I want the crack you smoked.

18/18 or 18/21 forever, but only because I like being able to do stuff like 1h/2h/polearm all at 100wpf.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 11:33:51 pm by Gorath »
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2011, 11:35:46 pm »
Bullshit.  I've only EVER played balanced builds (with any imbalance leaning towards agi because I MUST hybrid) barring my STF strength builder and everything you're describing about agility DOES
NOT
HAPPEN

7 athletics means fuck all, maneuverability in combat is the same vs those str builders with only 4-5 athletics.  Athletics ONLY decreases the time it takes you to go from a dead stop to full speed while sprinting.  In combat you cannot sprint as there is that stupid Warband delay with it instead of it being on-demand like any sane FPS combat game.  And 0 inertia my ass.  Jumping 3 meters?

18/18 or 18/21 forever, but only because I like being able to do stuff like 1h/2h/polearm all at 100wpf.

Almost all the pecores play strength biased builds so don't surprised by his comments.

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2011, 11:40:25 pm »
+1
str is better at noob stage where no1 blocks or uses footwork

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2011, 01:07:19 am »
+1
NOT
HAPPEN

the soft-hard cap on the wpf is the culprit here  , it was so bad it make us all have the same wpf or close to...  this was a big nerf to the agility build overall as it is much easier to have moderate agi now and tons of str 

Tho i dont agree with you for athletics gorath , its all about the dance :p

edit : what i meant by that is before the cap , you had good reason to get agi , same with str it gave good incentive ,  with the cap , it made agi less desirable while str kept his interesting bonuses  ,

Its pretty obvious why people go for str  in a Min Max world you go for the most benefits
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 01:10:47 am by hippy_with_a_scimi »