Author Topic: "End of bunny hopping" even more  (Read 2618 times)

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
Re: "End of bunny hopping" even more
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2011, 12:55:13 am »
But you are just one person and your clan doesn't consist of all crpg players or even a tenth of the community^^

Offline Phoenix

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • Spinnin' and winnin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_Phoenix
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2011, 02:20:27 am »
-9001 this. I dont want this game to turn into mount and musket where u cant jump attack. Because its a strategy. No one can do any awesome ninja moves without jumping. So again... -90000000000000000000000000000000000000001 this
It's not always about winning. It's about spinning.

Offline sgallaty

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2011, 02:46:13 am »
+1
It's annoying, counterintuitive and silly now.  Watching a fight is less about position and defense than spinning, jumping silliness. 

The game is what it is, but for my part I'd really prefer to see that all good hits come from people who have their feet solidly on the ground.  Sure you should be able to move while attacking, but there would be no force behind the swing.

I guess I am chagrined at the arcade-ness of it right now.  Seeing polearm guys facing the ground swinging left to right creating a big area hit around them, not even swinging 'at' their opponent.  It's unappealing, and creates a really unfortunate gameplay.