Author Topic: accepted status time limit  (Read 708 times)

Offline mandible/splinteryourjaw

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
accepted status time limit
« on: August 24, 2011, 09:40:33 pm »
I posted before and I am again.....please stop the last minute "de approval" for an AI strat battle.  It really is bullshit that you apply, get accepted, and then MAKE RL PLANS, so that you are free during the battle time only to be kicked at the last minute.

I checked at 2:57 and was still accepted so I quit reg crpg (once again leaving a multiplier behind) to play in the 3:00 Grey vs AI castle game only to find I am no longer accepted????  Yeah, I know we are beta testers blah blah blah, but first we are freaking people with lives.  It is only decent that we be treated as such.  I'm not as much pissed about not being able to play as I am about being stood up and all the other nonsense and irresponsible/careless behaviors I've encountered.

My suggestion is that the computer either doesn't accept anybody until 1-2 hours before the battle and then it is written in stone or once selected the computer can not de-select you within 8 hours of the battle occurring.  I am still level 28 so I understand the computer may not want me and if that is the case then don't select me in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: accepted status time limit
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 10:56:05 pm »
The reason the AI changes who is accepted as it gets close to battle time is because some people are afk.  You really want people signing up the day before and then nobody is active or online for the battle?  chadz or someone said that the AI will replace people who have been inactive (in crpg servers or on the website, not sure which) before the battle.  Also, if someone better than you signs up it might boot you for them. Tough titty.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline mandible/splinteryourjaw

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 11:16:17 pm »
Tough titty.

Are you talking to your mother???  Stay on topic please.

As for your other comment I stated in my post "I checked at 2:57 and was still accepted so I quit reg crpg (once again leaving a multiplier behind) to play in the 3:00 Grey vs AI castle game only to find I am no longer accepted????"  HHMMMM must mean I was active (4 min time between checking the website and the battle.)

Understandable if he wants to replace accepted people with higher level people (its his mod), but out of respect for his beta testers time there should be a time limit to it...not somebody coming in at the last minute and saying "ohh I think I will play this battle" and because they are level 34 they bump somebody else who has planned that part of the day around the battle.  There were several specs asking what happened, but maybe they are a little too scared to whine.  Once again this community rewards those showing a lack of responsibility.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 05:58:45 pm »
Yeah it is frustrating to be sure.  I was just letting you know the 2 scenarios I know of that can get you bumped from the battle.  The AI, like a human leader, is going to go with the best possible people for a battle.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy