Author Topic: Banned for an accident  (Read 699 times)

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
Banned for an accident
« on: January 20, 2011, 07:52:24 am »
Hello, my name is Partyboy the Perpetual Professional Pacifist Peasant and I am here to appeal my ban through the correct channels because I cannot get a hold of the admin through IRC or ventrilo.

I was banned a few minutes ago for riding into a group of teammates by accident because I lagged out, I apologized right after the fact, but I was promptly banned from the server with no verbal warning from the admin who banned me.  I heard from the people still in the server that multiple people had asked why I was banned, with no reasonable reason supplied.  My question, I guess, is even if my infraction was intended (it wasn't), does that really warrant a ban?  I suggest that this is abuse of power from an admin whom I hear multiple complaints about.

I request that I am unbanned immediately to prevent any more public outcry, and that the admin rights are reviewed on each person who holds such powers.

Yours truly,
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Partyboy (BIRD CLAN!)
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
Re: Banned for an accident
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 07:54:14 am »
You do not run into a group of teamates. You ran into two people, moved your horse, ran me over, then turned your horse and ran over 3 more people before I banned you.

It was not an "accident" caused by lag.

You will be unbanned in 24 hours or so.

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 07:56:22 am »
I will accept the plea bargain not as a declaration of my guilt, but because I have no wish to tear apart the cRPG community.
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline Puppybull

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
  • Faction: The Free Companies of Calradia
  • Game nicks: Apsalar / o2O / Chaotic_Good / Xaeros_Unicorns / 2Laggy4U
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 08:03:50 am »
I request that I am unbanned immediately to prevent any more public outcry, and that the admin rights are reviewed on each person who holds such powers.
I thought they would settle this the other day when they were talking about personal vendettas etc etc but whatever.
I know I am in no position to talk, but there were many random people who asked why Partyboy was banned as soon as he was. They asked why he was banned, why no warning, and that he said sorry. Lorne said it was intentional and for us to get a dictionary, then dropped it.
I feel like Partyboy should get unbanned because there was no warning whatsoever. Last time I checked, admin, ATS or otherwise had a procedure about the way they handled things.
At the end of the day, all I can say is oh well.
Oh well.

Offline Mustang_Sweets

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Avid rum drinker.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Companies of Caldaria (Bridge Burners)
  • Game nicks: Stang_the_Swilling
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 08:07:44 am »
I was there and he did appologize after maybe he was typing something as he started running and couldnt change direction in time. There are alot of things that could have came into factor with this. Atleast a warning before the action could have been done but instant ban is over stepping the actions needed.
I wear armor to protect myself from team mates.

That's right I am the beast master. Now, prepare to be tamed bitches!