Author Topic: Construction Sites in Strategus Battle  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
Construction Sites in Strategus Battle
« on: August 06, 2011, 04:32:08 pm »
+1
Just noticed in the battle of Ayyike that you can use construction sites to block off your spawn so people can't take it.

In addition, attempts to destroy the construction sites didn't work and the attackers were still able to spawn without problem making it next to impossible to take the spawn.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

That's the spawn there buried under construction sites.

I am not sure how this can be fixed, possibly making it just impossible to place construction sites in a certain radius of their spawn? I don't know how easy that would be but it would certainly fix this problem.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 04:42:49 pm by Voso »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
Re: Construction Sites in Strategus Battle
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 04:43:01 pm »
+1
1) You can access the spawn just jumping over const sites.
2) Construction sites are destroyable
3) We used this only because we couldn't protect our spawns due to impossibility to pick ranged weapons because of your exploit...

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 04:47:37 pm »
+1
2) Construction sites are destroyable
3) We used this only because we couldn't protect our spawns due to impossibility to pick ranged weapons because of your exploit...

3 isn't valid. I didn't even mention it was you who used this exploit if you didn't notice, I am just trying to make a bug report here. Though also, you can assume we sent you guys all that equipment if you want but honestly it could have been any of your enemies. I know for a fact if it was one of us TKoV it wasn't an organized action and the leaders had no knowledge of it happening as we wouldn't have let it happen.

As for number 2 I know I was hacking at one of them for a while and hardly dented the health so I am not quite certain if they are destroyable or not.. Sadly I got killed before I could be certain.

And for number 1 just because you can access the spawn by jumping over the construction sites doesn't mean they shouldn't do something about trying to block off your spawn with the construction sites.

I still believe it to be a bug.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 04:48:52 pm by Voso »

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 04:58:08 pm »
The one who did this will be punished and everyone will see. We've already said that it's probably Zorkly_Marshal of TKoV but the admin will say it truly.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 05:08:34 pm »
+2
How would you even know such a thing? You can't cap your own spawn so you couldn't have tested it like that. Nobody from the defending team got on top of the construction site till the end of the game, and since all attackers were wiped, I don't think you would have ever seen a message saying your spawn had been captured. To me, it just seems like you're making up a fact as I don't see how you would have known this.

But even assuming this is true, without any visibility, there's no way for the defenders to see whether or not they captured the defender's spawn. They would have to watch the tab menu rather than the game, which would put them at a disadvantage.

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 05:12:30 pm »
+2
The one who did this will be punished and everyone will see. We've already said that it's probably Zorkly_Marshal of TKoV but the admin will say it truly.

I hope it wasn't Zorkly.. but at the same time I really don't think it was him. Anyways, we will see who it was so lets just leave talk of this until after an admin checks the logs.

If it was him we will see, if it was not him you are just dragging his name through the shit for no reason.

Offline zorkly

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
  • Game nicks: Zorkly_Marshal_TKoV
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 05:18:00 pm »
+2

I was not involved in sending any equipment to enemy armies. Assuming and pointing fingers at me is quite dishonorable. I have done nothing but lead my men against you in battle in honorable fashion. I was hoping for a little more respect. The admin will surely show that I did not have anything to do with this. I request that you retract your accusation and apologize for the remark. It is the proper thing to do.

Offline Warsloth

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Hickory, Yew... all the same
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Warsloth_Woodsman_of_TKoV
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 05:33:21 pm »
+2

??? You guys had no shortage of ranged weapons. We were fighting in the shade. You had better arrows and equipment for ranged than we did.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 06:46:48 pm »
Zorkly, if it was not you then accept my apologies.

Warsloth, we were able to use ranged only after we've wasted that shitty equip, because we were not able to pick them before, you click on them but they don't appear...