Author Topic: Current Upkeep System Doesn't Belong In C-RPG  (Read 4944 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Current Upkeep System Doesn't Belong In C-RPG
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2011, 05:34:20 pm »
I never said I was bothered by not wearing the best gear.

Here's what I suggest: Rewards for winning a game. You earn multipliers by winning rounds currently, sure, but what about actually staying and winning the whole game? I've always found it strange that it means nothing. There should atleast be a small gold and experience reward, and it will discourage quitting. Also, Upkeep could be lowered by a small fraction since I find that I can even lose money with mid-tier gear.

Yes you did.

I don't want to downgrade or lose my gear just because I put time into into the game, and kept fighting even though I was losing, in fact I should be rewarded for that. We don't deserve this garbage, there's plenty of better alternatives. It's such a chore.

Advancing my character should be fun, but instead it's difficult and hardly possible. I shouldn't have to save my money through 4 generations to be able to even bankroll a full plate armor set.

As people have said, you can roll in 48k worth of gear on what is considered the average multiplier of 1.9 (something like that) without losing money. You won't make it either. But my shielder uses 32k of gear and makes money:

Piggface Klappvisier
White Mail with Surcoat
Mail Mittens
Iron Greaves
Long Espada Eslavona
White Heavy Norman Shield

My HA uses 33k of equipment. With this build I always have a buffer of 15k for the bad days. If it gets below that I switch equipment. But even with this I get enough x5 to make money to the point where I now have 40k saved:

Barbed arrows x3
Masterwork Horn Bow
Champion Courser
Steppe Armour
Nomad Boots
Leather Gloves

My 2h uses 16k of equipment:

Kerghit War Helmet
Mail Chausses
Sarranid Guard Armour
Dadao

So my question is, what gear are you trying to use? Please post a list, because unless you are very unlucky, or have some misconceptions about what 'mid tier gear' is, I don't see how you can be losing money.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 05:45:35 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2011, 05:39:34 pm »
Play Native. There's no upkeep there.

Also, I'm wearing

Sugarloaf helm
Green Corazzina
Splinted Greaves with Spurs
Gilded Hourglass gaunts
Bec de Corbin
Long Spear

almost all the time.

I'm still turning a profit (albeit a little small)

I like to derp around in cloth cos it fucks with people, too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2011, 05:40:57 pm »
Here's what I suggest: Rewards for winning a whole game. You earn multipliers by winning rounds currently, sure, but what about actually staying and winning an entire match (your team having the most wins)? I've always found it strange that it means nothing. There should atleast be a small gold and experience reward, and it will discourage quitting. Also, Upkeep could be lowered by a small fraction since I find that I can even lose money with mid-tier gear.

I must be dumber than you because i don't understand a shit of what you say... damm...

First suggestion :
The team that win the entire game just win a bigger multiplyer (so you suggest something that already exist?).

Second suggestion :
reduce upkeep... Wow what a suggestion nobody ever think of this, you are a genius mate!

ok, here a quote of yours :
I don't want Upkeep, but C-RPG can use a different system to balance equipment.

can you enlight me with "a different system to balance equipment"?
Cause the 2 suggestion you made are not relative to this supreme quote....

Offline Draulius

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2011, 06:03:15 pm »
I must be dumber than you because i don't understand a shit of what you say... damm...

First suggestion :
The team that win the entire game just win a bigger multiplyer (so you suggest something that already exist?).

Second suggestion :
reduce upkeep... Wow what a suggestion nobody ever think of this, you are a genius mate!

ok, here a quote of yours :
can you enlight me with "a different system to balance equipment"?
Cause the 2 suggestion you made are not relative to this supreme quote....
I'm saying; there should be a reward for winning a whole game. Not a round, but an entire game. It'd also help get rid of quitters.

And yes, the Upkeep could be reduced a tiny fraction. It's simple, but simple things work.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 06:05:05 pm by Draulius »

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2011, 06:16:11 pm »
Currently, I'm happy overall with upkeep. My original problem with it was that it was too punishing towards noobies and chadz fixed that in the last patch.

If anything though; upkeep needs to be increased on higher-end gear...

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: Upkeep System Doesn't Belong In C-RPG
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2011, 06:38:06 pm »
Aaand, reported.

For what? Stating my opinion? Don't make me laugh.

You moron.

Get a brain. If your post gets a -15 rating, then you're likely WRONG.

:idea:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 06:39:19 pm by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2011, 09:32:00 pm »
Currently, I'm happy overall with upkeep. My original problem with it was that it was too punishing towards noobies and chadz fixed that in the last patch.

If anything though; upkeep needs to be increased on higher-end gear...

Too punishing? I don´t know, the low tier items are not that expensive, so you could earn easily some money and grow with the upkeep system.
That is why i think that the current system is a bit worse than the old one.
Now you pay nothing, earn a lot of money and spend it for some good gear until you turn lvl 25.
And then, waam huge repair bills and your funds melt like butter in the sun.

Offline _JoG_

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 9
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swordsman for hire
  • Game nicks: Givi
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2011, 11:13:06 pm »
Too punishing? I donґt know, the low tier items are not that expensive, so you could earn easily some money and grow with the upkeep system.
That is why i think that the current system is a bit worse than the old one.
Now you pay nothing, earn a lot of money and spend it for some good gear until you turn lvl 25.
And then, waam huge repair bills and your funds melt like butter in the sun.
According to cRPG calculator, in order to get to lvl 25, the player has to earn 1 584 752 xp. Considering the player is gen 1, he/she gets 50 gold per 1000 xp, thus he/she would accumulate ~79k gold by that time. I guess that's more than enough to buy two sets of armor and weapons (the light one to gain money, and the heavy one to stay at zero balance) plus have around 20k gold to pay the initial upkeep money. I don't think it's THAT bad considering most of my alts have way less than that.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 11:16:14 pm by _JoG_ »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2011, 11:15:15 pm »
+1
According to cRPG calculator, in order to get to lvl 25, the player has to earn 1 584 752 xp. Considering the player is gen 1, he/she gets 50 gold per 1000 xp, thus he/she would accumulate ~79k gold by that time. I guess it's more than enough to buy two sets of armor and weapons (the light one to gain money, and the heavy one to stay at zero balance) plus have around 20k gold to pay the initial upkeep money. I don't think it's THAT bad

Hence my lack of sympathy. The new free upkeep system has fixed the problem of new players earning things slowly, and they can get a decent set of armour and gear by the time they need to start paying for stuff and have that reserve that they need.

My main concern right now is that it is not advertised well enough to new players that repairs will start once they hit that magic level.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2011, 12:22:13 am »
According to cRPG calculator, in order to get to lvl 25, the player has to earn 1 584 752 xp. Considering the player is gen 1, he/she gets 50 gold per 1000 xp, thus he/she would accumulate ~79k gold by that time. I guess that's more than enough to buy two sets of armor and weapons (the light one to gain money, and the heavy one to stay at zero balance) plus have around 20k gold to pay the initial upkeep money. I don't think it's THAT bad considering most of my alts have way less than that.

Good to know. I was wondering what the exact amount of gold aquired by level 25.

I'm a bit disappointed that I did all my grinding on one of my cav characters last generation. That extra gold would have been very useful.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2011, 12:30:41 am »
Good to know. I was wondering what the exact amount of gold aquired by level 25.

I'm a bit disappointed that I did all my grinding on one of my cav characters last generation. That extra gold would have been very useful.

Don't be disapointed, it's only for gen 1.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2011, 03:33:35 am »
Still, would have meant my buffer would be a lot bigger right now  :evil:
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Draulius

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Upkeep System Doesn't Belong In C-RPG
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2011, 05:04:39 am »
For what? Stating my opinion? Don't make me laugh.

You moron.

Get a brain. If your post gets a -15 rating, then you're likely WRONG.

:idea:
Or I just have an unpopular opinion. Big difference.