Author Topic: 60 sec spawn delay and abuse.  (Read 10592 times)

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
Re: 60 sec spawn delay and abuse.
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2011, 03:48:23 pm »
No! You at least made infatry and archers lines. Here Legio only small point which was fast surrounded and smashed. There was no fight, just chop chop chop and end.
And the lol thing was...
The ground of our spawn....
"Defenders" charged thru hill so we had no chance.

Since Strategus is on Beta state, it is normal to experience this kind of bullshit implements,chadz's trying to improve the upcoming strat -I hope!- but this is too much lots of nerds chose to play Strat instead of enjoying summer(Including me :cry:) and i feel disappointed about Strategus's current state.

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2011, 04:51:30 pm »
No! You at least made infatry and archers lines. Here Legio only small point which was fast surrounded and smashed. There was no fight, just chop chop chop and end.

We did yes, but thats just because we were more organised. We had the same amount of time, and the same kind of enemy. And there was a fight, it was just rather short.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2011, 09:52:34 pm »
It's one big joke. Defenders defended village in 1-3 minutes, they just rush cav then inf. Aggressors can't do anything...

setup pike/shield walls.  buy siege shields and other physical barriers.  the attackers have a lot of people spawned by the time any cavalry can reach the spawn point.

the current spawn system for open field battles seems broken, but there are certainly ways to defend against a "defender's rush".  maybe make the maps bigger would be all that's necessary.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2011, 10:06:03 pm »
setup pike/shield walls.  buy siege shields and other physical barriers.
You have some right but I suppose you have not seen this battle  :rolleyes:
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2011, 08:34:53 pm »
You have some right but I suppose you have not seen this battle  :rolleyes:

what battle?  dfc could have defended against ats (i was there and witnessed the whole thing and was taking part in the battle).  I saw video evidence to back this up. 

I also saw a video of Pecores having to defend their spawn vs LLJK, and based on the video, Pecores could have (and probably should have) defended their spawn. 

I only have experience in one battle (well another one that only 3 people showed up for) and have seen video of another one.  So I can only base my experience off of two instances.  And in both of those instances, the attackers (who have to defend against a spawn rush) could have defended their spawn points relatively easily if they had the proper equipment and organization.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 08:36:02 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline legionarei

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_legionarei
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2011, 08:47:35 pm »
+1
what battle?  dfc could have defended against ats (i was there and witnessed the whole thing and was taking part in the battle).  I saw video evidence to back this up. 

I also saw a video of Pecores having to defend their spawn vs LLJK, and based on the video, Pecores could have (and probably should have) defended their spawn. 

I only have experience in one battle (well another one that only 3 people showed up for) and have seen video of another one.  So I can only base my experience off of two instances.  And in both of those instances, the attackers (who have to defend against a spawn rush) could have defended their spawn points relatively easily if they had the proper equipment and organization.

I'm not really sure how they could have set up an organized defense when one or two of them were spawning in at a time. I'm not sure what you were seeing, but I was in all three of the LLJK battles and there was no way the defenders could get something coherent ready in time to repel a concentrated cav charge and then a shield rush for their flag. Maybe by the third battle the opposition just gave up but I don't think Shogunate was ready to just roll over for us, and even they couldn't get something in place before we were all up in their business. No matter what anyone says about them they are an experienced clan with a lot "better" players than we have and honestly without the stupid spawn thing we either would have gotten rolled or it would have been really really bloody.

It's really a dumb mechanic and anyone who says "oh they could have defended, they were just disorganized" really should rethink their stance.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2011, 08:56:07 pm »
I'm not really sure how they could have set up an organized defense when one or two of them were spawning in at a time. I'm not sure what you were seeing, but I was in all three of the LLJK battles and there was no way the defenders could get something coherent ready in time to repel a concentrated cav charge and then a shield rush for their flag. Maybe by the third battle the opposition just gave up but I don't think Shogunate was ready to just roll over for us, and even they couldn't get something in place before we were all up in their business. No matter what anyone says about them they are an experienced clan with a lot "better" players than we have and honestly without the stupid spawn thing we either would have gotten rolled or it would have been really really bloody.

It's really a dumb mechanic and anyone who says "oh they could have defended, they were just disorganized" really should rethink their stance.

When the attackers have 90%+ of all their troops spawned in (regardless if it's one at a time) they can setup a defense.  You should have people on your side all in some voice chat program and have someone in charge giving directions.  If you don't, then of course nobody can organize a defense. 

DFC had more than enough people to organize a defense vs ATS.  And Pecores had more than enough people to defend against LLJK's spawn rush.  Yes, the attackers have a disadvantage, but that in no way makes it impossible or completely unreasonable to expect them to be able to defend their spawn point.

You are taking the position of an extreme "it's extremely difficult or impossible given the spawn mechanics" for the attackers to defend their spawn.  I'm taking the moderate position:  "Yes, the spawn mechanics work against the attackers, but they still have enough people (if organized properly) to defend their spawn point from a defender rush". 

I think it is you (and your drama queen friends) who need to rethink your position.  The spawn system is not broken, it's not perfect either.  If there was a bigger distance between spawn points on the map the current system would work fine (as far as the initial zerg rush of the defenders).  Or if the defenders could only stay on their side of the map (and got an early head start for setting up defenses) this spawn system would work just fine. 

That still leads to the problem of 2000 tickets and having only one or two people show up to defend.  In order to kill all 2000 of those troops/tickets, you would need to kill that same person over and over again 2000 times (and when it takes 30 seconds to spawn for that one person, it's going to take literally all day and night).  So obviously the spawn system needs to be re-worked.  But your claims that the attackers have it so hard that it's nearly impossible to defend their spawn point, is bullshit, facetious, and bordering on outright lies.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:00:29 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline legionarei

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_legionarei
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2011, 09:13:54 pm »
When the attackers have 90%+ of all their troops spawned in (regardless if it's one at a time) they can setup a defense.  You should have people on your side all in some voice chat program and have someone in charge giving directions.  If you don't, then of course nobody can organize a defense. 

DFC had more than enough people to organize a defense vs ATS.  And Pecores had more than enough people to defend against LLJK's spawn rush.  Yes, the attackers have a disadvantage, but that in no way makes it impossible or completely unreasonable to expect them to be able to defend their spawn point.

I'd like to see what Pecores thinks of your assertion. Considering, you know. They were there and all. And you weren't. From my vantage in the shield wall they probably had about half their troops spawned by the time the cav hit them, and this was with our cav getting warped back due to being too close before attackers started spawning.

So you're really going to stand by the assertion that LLJK, the apparent "worst clan in cRPG", won all three of those battles within 3 minutes because we're organized with good tactics and the other team were a bunch of peasants? I don't like either of their clans but they're damn well not disorganized peasants and neither is DFC.

That still leads to the problem of 2000 tickets and having only one or two people show up to defend.  In order to kill all 2000 of those troops/tickets, you would need to kill that same person over and over again 2000 times (and when it takes 30 seconds to spawn for that one person, it's going to take literally all day and night).  So obviously the spawn system needs to be re-worked.  But your claims that the attackers have it so hard that it's nearly impossible to defend their spawn point, is bullshit, facetious, and bordering on outright lies.

Shogunate, Pecores, and Templars all had a good amount of people show up to attack, considering everyone wants to fight LLJK. It certainly would have been some really good fights if the spawn mechanic didn't take away a lot of the fun. We probably would have lost all three fights but they would have been interesting.

The fact that you had to go back and edit your post to call me a bullshitter and a liar makes me wonder what exactly you have invested in this argument. It's just internet knights dude, and even LLJK wants it to be fun to play. You apparently want everyone afraid to attack except on certain maps because apparently in your mind the attacker is able to prepare defenses in a robot zen-like fashion while half the team hasn't spawned in and cavalry are ready to run them down.

The attackers should be able to *attack,* not immediately put on the defensive by a tactic any noob can do. The roles are reversed as of now and I don't get why you don't understand the issues.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:16:18 pm by legionarei »

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2011, 09:14:17 pm »
what battle?
All the time I'm saying about Legio vs Pillagers village [don't remember the name now].

And in both of those instances, the attackers (who have to defend against a spawn rush) could have defended their spawn points relatively easily if they had the proper equipment and organization.

Not in this battle.

omg say this to Legio Italica boys.
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2011, 11:27:16 pm »
defenders just need to be constrained in their spawn area (in a castle or town , this would be walls) until attack is also spawned in or something....

but yeah current system is an issue.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2011, 12:16:35 am »
I think it is you (and your drama queen friends) who need to rethink your position.  The spawn system is not broken, it's not perfect either.  If there was a bigger distance between spawn points on the map the current system would work fine (as far as the initial zerg rush of the defenders).  Or if the defenders could only stay on their side of the map (and got an early head start for setting up defenses) this spawn system would work just fine. 

You cant be serious? You seem like the only person here who thinks the current system works. I have seen some of the battles and was on Pecores side vs LLJK. And all attackers were just overrun without any chance. Im not sure if ANY battle lately was won from an attacker.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:18:07 am by dodnet »
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2011, 12:57:00 am »
You cant be serious? You seem like the only person here who thinks the current system works. I have seen some of the battles and was on Pecores side vs LLJK. And all attackers were just overrun without any chance. Im not sure if ANY battle lately was won from an attacker.
This is probly my fault. After the LLJK hat trick victory, I started thinking, "Ha, after hearing about this, there's no way anybody would be stupid enough to say that the spawn isn't in need of repair ." And of course, any time I think that there's no way anybody would be stupid enough to do something, Fate decides to bitch slap in me in the face and prove me wrong.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2011, 08:51:09 am »
lol :mrgreen:
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2011, 09:11:01 pm »
This is probly my fault. After the LLJK hat trick victory, I started thinking, "Ha, after hearing about this, there's no way anybody would be stupid enough to say that the spawn isn't in need of repair ." And of course, any time I think that there's no way anybody would be stupid enough to do something, Fate decides to bitch slap in me in the face and prove me wrong.
You guys are all fucking retarded.  One can hold the position:  Attackers can defend their spawn with the right equipment and organization.  And also hold this position:  The spawn system should be fixed/reworked/tweaked. 

IMO both sides should not spawn one at at time, but all at once initially.  Or if they kept the current system, make an invisible wall that still gives defenders the ability to setup defense, but not attack the other team.  Or make the battle sizes larger.

Of course if you're so busy looking for stupidity and ignorance in others, you're going to miss it when your raging ignorance if flying at full mast.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Ufthak

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2011, 02:15:58 am »
+1
Yes, Cracka, everyone is retarded but you. Every goddamn clan and player is a goddamn retard, except for you. How does it feel to be the one intelligent man on CRPG?