Author Topic: strategus equipement  (Read 1620 times)

Offline Connasse

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • EU4 Hoster
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Bonnasse
strategus equipement
« on: July 30, 2011, 01:42:37 pm »
there is a problem with the equipment strategus, many players spawn without the equipment selected.

as if someone had the same problem, thank you  enrichire this report.

no troll here.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 01:44:16 pm by Connasse »

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
Re: strategus equipement
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 01:50:28 pm »
I and several others have long since been affected by this bug. Not just in strategus, in crpg as well. For as long as I remember there has been a seemingly random(and mostly harmless) bug that removes pieces of equipment for what seems to be no good reason. After the armor is removed and you spawn without it, when you go to your equipment screen you see one of two different things: You either see the item equipped or you don't, when the item IS there, you have to either select a different item, then select to equip the problematic equipment, or If there is no equipment in the slot, then all you have to do is re-equip the item and when next you spawn, you'll have it.

I would imagine this bug is similar to the strategus bug. I can't exactly give more information on this as strat battles are less frequent than crpg battles, and it seems to be every bit as random, especially when you have some people spawning with the items selected and then other people not spawning with those items.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Snatch

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Just dance
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Lady Gaga
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 02:01:30 pm »
I witnessed this happening to both battles.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 07:02:10 pm »
I and several others have long since been affected by this bug. Not just in strategus, in crpg as well. For as long as I remember there has been a seemingly random(and mostly harmless) bug that removes pieces of equipment for what seems to be no good reason. After the armor is removed and you spawn without it, when you go to your equipment screen you see one of two different things: You either see the item equipped or you don't, when the item IS there, you have to either select a different item, then select to equip the problematic equipment, or If there is no equipment in the slot, then all you have to do is re-equip the item and when next you spawn, you'll have it.

I would imagine this bug is similar to the strategus bug. I can't exactly give more information on this as strat battles are less frequent than crpg battles, and it seems to be every bit as random, especially when you have some people spawning with the items selected and then other people not spawning with those items.

How much total gear do you have?  Can it be related to people who have stuff disappear in-game because they have too many items in 1 category? (ie..I have 20 1h weapons so something in gloves or helms stops showing up in-game to use)

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA
  • Game nicks: CSA_Gen_Robert_E_Leet
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 08:13:34 pm »
How much total gear do you have?  Can it be related to people who have stuff disappear in-game because they have too many items in 1 category? (ie..I have 20 1h weapons so something in gloves or helms stops showing up in-game to use)

Pretty sure that is not the case. In the LLJK vs. Shogunate battle Xol_dfc took a video of him outfitting himself in equipment, then repeatedly spawning without the items he picked, including boots, of which we only had one type.
"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow to fondle it." - Robert E Leet

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 09:08:44 pm »
Video evidence here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kleiZVHrZmI

Notice that while there were ~200 shortened military scythes and 1000+ boots, and I clearly had both equipped, neither was equipped when I spawned, though the other gear I'd selected was.
boop