Author Topic: Open Field Battle  (Read 21907 times)

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Open Field Battle
« Reply #150 on: July 31, 2011, 04:18:19 am »
+4
Either way, we get it Cracka. Your e-penis is HUUUUUUUUUUEG. You don't need to keep slapping it in the faces of innocent forum readers to prove it. Honestly, I'd be more concerned about the video evidence of failures involved in the current system than one dude's e-penis... But hey, some people really enjoy e-masturbating in forum threads so I suppose I shouldn't butt my head in.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 04:19:24 am by Bothersome_Aldryk »

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #151 on: July 31, 2011, 05:04:55 am »
+6
I guess this is as good a thread as any to place this, and since I haven't posted anything about the battle, I feel like I should post something.

I'm only going to explain this once and I'm not going to argue with anyone from the NE who disagrees with part of it because if you do, you're either completely disregarding everything simply to make yourself feel like you won something, or you've got Down Syndrome, in which cease, it's not healthy for me to waste my time arguing with you.

So here's how shit went: First of all, you have to understand that I had people (devs included) telling me that I would most likely be hacked in some way for this battle and that when I was, I needed to immediately tell chadz in irc and change my password. Second, because of that, I lowered everyone's rank to "1" in the clan so that the only account that could access anything of importance for the battle, would be my own. Because of this, we ran slightly behind schedule(Which caused several other problems).

Just before the battle, I told everyone to grab our cheap gear as we were going to test the NE's tactics in gear that didn't quite matter so much, then after we got a feel for how they were fighting and what their overall plan was, we'd break out the heavier gear and try to counter their tactics. I never would have thought that an open field battle would be on such a small map, especially one that involves over 3000 troops. This doesn't make sense to me, honestly, I figured the battles would start out something like the huge eu multi clan tourney battles, which were fun even to just watch.

I was the first to spawn on the flag and I believe the 2nd or third person was Miley, and he was naked, then one or two spawns more, there's another person naked and everyone's telling me they were missing shit. Remember, I was told I was going to get hacked, so I immediately thought that's what happened and so I began trying to figure out what the damage was so I could report it to chadz as well as get people to stop spawning with the problematic equipment. We had horsemen spawning without horses or lances, melee without weapons, helmets, boots and body armor and ranged without their weapons or ammo as well as other equipment. It was so random that it just added to the confusion (Though I'm now under the impression that the number of different types of equipment has something to do with what we now know, is indeed a bug). Unfortunately though, there was absolutely no time for any of this as the NE had simply rushed our flag.

As you can see in one of the videos, the NE appeared over the hill just in front of our spawn as the last few guys were spawning in. I believe also from the video you can see that 8 seconds after that, the fighting had begun. There was no time for any sort of coherent formation, not with the chaos that was incited due to items. You have to remember, people spawning without items isn't only an issue of a "few" people that spawned naked and thus only a few guys of our 50 were at a disadvantage. It's that several people were missing a few things here and there and the chaos that ensued because of that.

Aside from the item bugs, the spawn mechanics were also an issue, made apparent by the following hat trick wins by lljk the next morning. Pecores, Templars, and the esteemed Shogunate all expected the same rush that the NE did to us, to happen to them, and they all fell victim to it in just a couple of minutes of battle. Shogunate, a clan that has won countless EU tournaments, something that required teamwork, organization and coordination, couldn't even last longer than three minutes against lljk.

I can't imagine that anyone could honestly feel as though they accomplished anything or "won" any victories in any of these battles.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Tanreall

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 31, 2011, 05:10:49 am »
We'll have won a moral victory if it gets changed. :smug:

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #153 on: July 31, 2011, 06:22:25 am »
So here's how shit went: First of all, you have to understand that I had people (devs included) telling me that I would most likely be hacked in some way for this battle and that when I was, I needed to immediately tell chadz in irc and change my password. Second, because of that, I lowered everyone's rank to "1" in the clan so that the only account that could access anything of importance for the battle, would be my own. Because of this, we ran slightly behind schedule(Which caused several other problems).

That's really depressing to hear that the devs themselves admit they can't stop the hacking issues plaguing this game, still. Worse yet, they admit the community is still trying to hack to win. It's a game, people take this stuff way to seriously.

I can't imagine that anyone could honestly feel as though they accomplished anything or "won" any victories in any of these battles.

Pretty much this sums up the current situation well.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 06:25:41 am by Rikthor »
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #154 on: July 31, 2011, 06:24:58 am »
That's really depressing to hear that the devs themselves admit they can't stop the hacking issues plaguing this game, still.
I don't quite so much blame the devs for this as I do the community, sadly.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #155 on: July 31, 2011, 06:57:31 am »
Do we've any clues as to who's hacking?  And I don't mean speculating/circumstantial evidence but more concrete "I did X for Y but they don't know who I am!"-type things.

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA
  • Game nicks: CSA_Gen_Robert_E_Leet
« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2011, 07:30:32 am »
Nothing has been shared so far regarding it, so it is a mystery.
"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow to fondle it." - Robert E Leet

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2011, 07:35:14 am »
LLJK get your hacker friends to counterhack the hackers!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2011, 09:54:08 pm »
how are people hacking into your strategus accounts?  are they brute forcing your passwords?  if so make some more secure passwords...

or are people hacking the actual strategus database/server?

and btw, I watched LLJK take over Pecores yesterday morning and pecores certainly had ample opportunity to defend their spawn point, they failed to do so.  i'm not saying it's a cake walk for the attackers to defend their spawn point at the beginning of the battle, but they certainly have an opportunity to do so.

i still think the system needs to be fixed/tweaked, making larger maps would certainly do the trick.  or people taking responsibility for their own spawn defense would work as well.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 09:57:06 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Slanted
« Reply #159 on: July 31, 2011, 10:11:17 pm »
how are people hacking into your strategus accounts?  are they brute forcing your passwords?  if so make some more secure passwords...

or are people hacking the actual strategus database/server?
From what we've been told, they're not brute forcing the password or accessing the actual account at all, but changing things around on the database. It's apparently something to do with how Strategus and cRPG accounts are linked.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 10:12:52 pm by Slantedfloors »

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #160 on: July 31, 2011, 10:11:29 pm »
It's a hack to the database, not individual accounts. It's why heirlooms and all that stuff have never been touched in the 3 cases so far.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #161 on: July 31, 2011, 10:31:07 pm »
WOW that's fucked up...i just assumed it was someone trying to brute force into accounts...

if the database or server gets hacked it should be restored to before it was corrupted...

good thing this is only a beta, I'm assuming it will be wiped when everything gets worked out.

pro tip for system admins: wireshark
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2011, 10:35:18 pm »
it's because they aren't salting the hashes and the hacker can just upload rainbow cookies willy nilly.

Offline SPQR

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA
  • Game nicks: CSA_Gen_Robert_E_Leet
« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2011, 10:35:33 pm »
WOW that's fucked up...i just assumed it was someone trying to brute force into accounts...

if the database or server gets hacked it should be restored to before it was corrupted...

good thing this is only a beta, I'm assuming it will be wiped when everything gets worked out.

pro tip for system admins: wireshark

Only problem is the hacking has been going on for over two weeks, so they'd have to roll back at least that far.
"It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow to fondle it." - Robert E Leet

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 31, 2011, 10:43:13 pm »
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 07:42:18 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »