Author Topic: Faster Game Speed  (Read 20619 times)

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
Faster Game Speed
« on: July 29, 2011, 11:20:46 am »
ok the real problem is that there are a lot of nerfs but not enough buffs. i'm playing crpg since august 2010 and in this long year, patches after patches, nerfs after nerfs, the game became really slow paced compared to what was a year ago. STR builds was slow but not so slow, agi builds was WAY faster, shielders were faster, ranged were faster.

the fast pace will really make 2handed and polearms an hardcore experience (now at actual game speed, manual blocking 2 opponents is not that hard). so i see this as a 2h/polearm nerf because will be harder to manual block with tightened reaction times.

and please don't troll with things like "then go play native". who will not like a faster game? or at least near as fast as native?

can't we at least set servers to fast combat speed instead rebalancing it?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 01:35:33 am by Kalam »

Offline Freland

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Freland
  • IRC nick: Freland
Re: Faster Game Speed
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 11:26:20 am »
+1
I disagree because of Strategus - we have a global game where NA and EU are playing together. If you make it faster you will have a very very hard time to block anything playing overseas.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

each time you click the button, crpg gains popularity :D

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 11:33:08 am »
+1
I disagree because of Strategus - we have a global game where NA and EU are playing together. If you make it faster you will have a very very hard time to block anything playing overseas.
THIS

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 11:39:13 am »
+8
If you are referring to native where most NA servers have gamemode set to fastest - this was probably what killed native in north america.

No need to repeat that.

(more ping dependant, less skill dependant, spamming is more useful, etc etc)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 11:40:20 am by chadz »

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 12:01:49 pm »
+1
There is a problem, some duels can take 5 minutes, some 10 minutes if to play serious and сoncentrated. And thats not epic duels, thats really boring duels. Oponents do all tricks they can, but seems none of them getting tired. So some people try to exploit broken animation, some just risking  using spam and chambers(me for example) to finish duel somehow faster. Faster game speed makes combat much more intersting and harder. Not just for 2h and manual blocking,for timing and shielders as well. Though strategus battles are laggy and dont need it. The harder way to make duels/group battles more faster and interesting is to add more elements in melee combat, so more things you need to keep in mind while fighting.(shield bashing for example)

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 12:54:43 pm »
There is a problem, some duels can take 5 minutes, some 10 minutes if to play serious and сoncentrated. And thats not epic duels, thats really boring duels. Oponents do all tricks they can, but seems none of them getting tired. So some people try to exploit broken animation, some just risking  using spam and chambers(me for example) to finish duel somehow faster. Faster game speed makes combat much more intersting and harder. Not just for 2h and manual blocking,for timing and shielders as well. Though strategus battles are laggy and dont need it. The harder way to make duels/group battles more faster and interesting is to add more elements in melee combat, so more things you need to keep in mind while fighting.(shield bashing for example)

this.

usually in the brawl, i meet some good blockers and we just keep blocking all the hits until i give up to go help somewherelse. same thing in duel servers. you engage in really long duels until one just start doing in-and-outs, chambers.

i agree anyway with the fact that with this speed the game is a little lesser ping dependant (but not that much less).

we'll anyway see more and more str builds because agi route is only worth the athletics since there isn't a lot of wpf difference from a pure STR build (120ish wpf) and a balanced or more agi oriented build (160-170wpf).

EDIT:

to counter this slow combat speed, people prefer doing 18/21 or 15/24 polearm builds to just stunlock you and iwin.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:55:46 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 01:09:17 pm »
+3
I completely disagree.

No player I've met has had a defence that cannot be broken through, and while there has been some really long duels, I cannot say I haven't enjoyed them.

When two people of equal (and great) skill meet, the duel turns into more of a mindgame - and nothing wrong with that since out-smarting your opponent is, imo, as much a part of the game as being able to do 50 feints/sec to fool him.

If you want higher gamespeed, there are other servers, in other mods for that.

EDIT: Yes, polestun is fucking stupid, but that's already been said 1000 times

« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 01:14:27 pm by Dezilagel »

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 01:13:19 pm »
+1
Faster game speed helps spamming. I don't like long duels either, but that's mainly because I'm an agressive player. Endurance duels are fun too at times (goddamn perfect blockers with super poor attack skills)  :D

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 01:18:08 pm »
Hey, not everyone can play on a server where they get less than 60 ping  :|

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 01:37:18 pm »
This mod is not intended for duel, it's intended for large scale battles, remember Pub Crawl!!

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 01:39:27 pm »
No player I've met has had a defence that cannot be broken through, and while there has been some really long duels, I cannot say I haven't enjoyed them.
I will take wooden stick and will just use blocks/attacks. You can take danish great sword and heavy armor, lets see how much fun u will get from such duel.
Endurance duels are fun too at times
Thats not fun when oponent wins by boredom.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 02:20:39 pm »
I completely disagree.

When two people of equal (and great) skill meet, the duel turns into more of a mindgame - and nothing wrong with that since out-smarting your opponent is, imo, as much a part of the game as being able to do 50 feints/sec to fool him.

If you want higher gamespeed, there are other servers, in other mods for that.

EDIT: Yes, polestun is fucking stupid, but that's already been said 1000 times

is not ME that want higher gamespeed. is really a lot of people that want that AND it's a way to rebalance the fact that in a year, cRPG fighting speed slowly became what is now. slow.

and yes. when players with similar above average skill are fighting, they will just continue swing, block, feint, block, hold, block so on until the rest of the players kills each other. that's why usually a teamplay minded player will give up the duel and go help somewherelse leaving that skilled enemy blocker to do the same.

and about polestun, yes said 1000 times but people just retire and reroll polearms because they offer many fighting styles and roles plus the stunlock ability.

This mod is not intended for duel, it's intended for large scale battles, remember Pub Crawl!!

that's why i say that. now the average skill is so high that an average manual blocker can block anything besides facing phyrex, bjord, tempest, rubicon.

even i (average skilled die hard 2handed) can block a lot in 1vs1 and sometime even in 1vs2 when focusing on blocking.

not to mention that in siege servers, the running speed / fighting speed is even slower than battle.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 02:26:01 pm »
+1
so average skill level is getting higher. you guys miss the ability to pwn everyone they meet in 5 seconds is that what this is?
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 02:49:01 pm »
+3
I miss duels based on footwork, reaction and tactic. Now it based on luck, ugly feints and facehugging dancing. This thread is not about pwning.

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 03:06:58 pm »
+2
Give them fastest speed on duel server, so they can have their super fast danish light saber duels there.