Author Topic: "Autobalance By Banner"  (Read 3758 times)

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
Re: "Autobalance By Banner"
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2011, 06:34:55 pm »
Moving on...
Last night Banner Balance was turned off on NA_1 and somehow this did not make a difference for hours, as one team was always stopming another team. I still stand by my stance that BB is fine as is, as without it the server was still seeing odd things like 4-1 or 4-0 map scores regularly even with BB off.

Sure one team is going to win. Maybe even high. But you get switched and have multiple maps etc. so everyone gets average of 50% win, or x2 multiplier. The difference is when you have a 60 people server and 20 people with the same flag, your chance to be switched to the stacked team is like 25%, so if the stacked team keeps x5 for 2 hours the other side is on x1 for 2h, with the occasional x2 or x3, so maybe 1.2 multiplier.

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2011, 07:00:18 pm »

Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2011, 02:06:32 am »
yes i got roflstomped a lot of times against clanstacks because i was the only retard going to defend backdoors at first round. no matter how many i take down. when a clan go ninja with 10 players and you're alone, you can take down half of them but the other half will go flag and you're screwed. just an easy example for an easy mind.

besides that...

Oh dear, lets us shed the fucking tears that you can't solo 10 players. Try sticking with the other ignorant pubs  :rolleyes:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2011, 06:12:32 pm »
Oh dear, lets us shed the fucking tears that you can't solo 10 players. Try sticking with the other ignorant pubs  :rolleyes:

Maybe he just needs some reputation.

Whenever I type in chat that there are ninjas at the back, there are always a dozen willing souls that help me   :mrgreen:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2011, 06:32:39 pm »
i fully agree with everything OP said , banner balance is retarded , if you want to play with your friends , strategus is there for that , in NA it goes like it,

Pubbies VS all the clans , the banner balance is stupid it put ALL CLANS together to murder thoses poors pubbies   

Its beyond stupid when i have to fight the clans 90% most of the time because for you to get to play with your clannies , it prefer doing unbalanced teams ,

Wake up guys , you love playing and steamrolling rounds 5-1 or 4-1? of course you do for the 5x sigh
          ( mind you the first round was won before balance actually took place)

i wounldnt be so against banner balance if it wasnt so stupid

All that bs about oh i want to play with my friends and nobody seem to talk about how much xp you make while doing so and how people with no clans scrounge the rest  ,   

and please people , stop using suggestions like : put the clan banner or get in a clan , i can join a clan whenever i feel like it , itd not the question, putting the banner of the clan is just admiting you go with the flow and make it as there is no problems

Sorry for my bad english

edit : oh and tears , i wished you didnt troll the original OP it is a legitimate issue that crpg has atm , your better than that :(
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 06:34:41 pm by hippy_with_a_scimi »

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2011, 06:35:09 pm »
But I like steamrolling everyone with my clan, when we are doing too well, our team gets ripped apart by balance so we are like 2:1 against the enemy. I don't think this needs a change.

Don't mind the fish.

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2011, 06:38:55 pm »
But I like steamrolling everyone with my clan, when we are doing too well, our team gets ripped apart by balance so we are like 2:1 against the enemy. I don't think this needs a change.

most clans rarely get steamrolled RARELY ,   we are talking a bigger scale not losing once in a while and steamrolling most of the time

also numbers means nothing when the other is full of peasants , while the clan has people loaded with mw plate , weapons and horses
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 06:40:18 pm by hippy_with_a_scimi »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2011, 06:48:10 pm »
  edit : oh and tears , i wished you didnt troll the original OP it is a legitimate issue that crpg has atm , your better than that :(

Eh, sowwy  :oops: I thought I only trolled the Tripkiki or however his name goes guy who was hurling insults and claimed that they were not insults.

I was honestly not trying to troll the OP.

I honestly think the best solution would be to make a few server have BB off, but still have quite a few that keep it on. Best of both worlds.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2011, 06:50:06 pm »
Eh, sowwy  :oops: I thought I only trolled the Tripkiki or however his name goes guy who was hurling insults and claimed that they were not insults.

I was honestly not trying to troll the OP.

I honestly think the best solution would be to make a few server have BB off, but still have quite a few that keep it on. Best of both worlds.

now that would be freaking awesome  but lets not jest it wont happen

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2011, 06:58:05 pm »
The reason clans don't get steam rolled is because they often use teamwork and that is pretty much the superior tactic in crpg. If you want to counter it, start using teamwork on your end. The better the teamwork, the better chance you stand. I suggest teamspeak or ventrillo so you can coordinate attacks and figure out where allies are when they go out of sight. But good luck pulling that off without a clan. You can complain because clans have the advantage, but they straight out deserve the advantage. This is a team game. Solo players are generally screwed.

now that would be freaking awesome  but lets not jest it wont happen
Somebody already said ATS 50 man has banner balance off. But it's typically empty. I'm guessing for that very reason

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2011, 07:04:55 pm »
The thing is usually when clanmembers play in one team the other team gets far more people, sometimes as Greys we get to fight like twice as many pubbers as our team. So its basically just quantity vs. quality, quite often pubbers like the op get to win in situation like that.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2011, 07:13:32 pm »
The thing is usually when clanmembers play in one team the other team gets far more people, sometimes as Greys we get to fight like twice as many pubbers as our team. So its basically just quantity vs. quality, quite often pubbers like the op get to win in situation like that.
I've seen that happen quite a few times with the Shogunate, Grey, and Fallen. Most of the time, the clan wins. Teamwork tends to overcome even massive numbers.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2011, 10:13:14 pm »

i'm a pubber? look where the grey order is in this ladderboard and look where the legione_italica is.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

only because i say "public servers shouldn't be goldfarms" doesn't mean i'm a random pubber.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2011, 10:49:08 pm »
Usually when I am on servers with my clan, the autobalance keeps moving more and more players to the other side, untill it's impossible for us to win.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2011, 12:26:47 am »
Usually when I am on servers with my clan, the autobalance keeps moving more and more players to the other side, untill it's impossible for us to win.

i know. i play a lot with risens too. and they often get autobalanced in mixed teams or in the smaller team.. dunno why some clans get full stacked every single round.