Author Topic: "Autobalance By Banner"  (Read 3757 times)

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
"Autobalance By Banner"
« on: July 22, 2011, 02:46:07 am »
this kind of autobalance on public servers is silly. only useful to make some random clan to come in with 20 players in TS and farm money while the cannon fodder play for fun at x1. (i'll let you imagine the fun. Normal public server players, mixed with some tkers, some leechers, against one or two stacked clans placing Csites, perfect ladders...)

there are three public siege servers. can't we set one of those with no banner balance?

a lot of people is going to rejoin the servers with some random clan banner just to get switched in it and enjoy x5.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: "Autobalance By Banner"
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 02:54:25 am »
Convince the non-official servers to turn it off.

Currently even the smallest of clans push for banner balance, and clans are outnumbering the "randomers" by a significant amount when calling for Banner balance. BB is here to stay.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 02:57:58 am »
+1
Well sometimes late at night on the ATS Siege, generally when there are no clans, I turn on Strict Autobalance. Even with Strict, there are generally teams that keep winning and teams that keep losing. It doesn't seem to make much of a difference, but then I haven't tested this with clans.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 02:59:08 am »
Well sometimes late at night on the ATS Siege, generally when there are no clans, I turn on Strict Autobalance. Even with Strict, there are generally teams that keep winning and teams that keep losing. It doesn't seem to make much of a difference, but then I haven't tested this with clans.

When the LLJK server had it off, it always had a group of top players still lumped together against just one top player, and that team always won...

I just don't see the difference myself.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gumdrawp

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: dolphin fan club
  • Game nicks: Gumdrawp_dfc
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 03:01:32 am »
+1
All i know is that just becuase a clan has 10+ on a team and are on ts doesnt necessarily mean theyre going to win against 3-4 kids from a smaller clan on mumble.

Personally i like banner balance, its nice to play with clanmates vs others that are in the same situation. And most of the time my clan is pretty heavily outnumbered by LLJK/ATS/Hospitaller etc.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 03:04:03 am »
All i know is that just becuase a clan has 10+ on a team and are on ts doesnt necessarily mean theyre going to win against 3-4 kids from a smaller clan on mumble.

Personally i like banner balance, its nice to play with clanmates vs others that are in the same situation. And most of the time my clan is pretty heavily outnumbered by LLJK/ATS/Hospitaller etc.

This. Some clans are not as... organized... when in large numbers, and small ones like DFC still rolls the other team despite only being 2-4 people on at a time.

There is at least 2 clans out there that are less then exemplary when hitting a server with 20+ people and all you have to do is nail their top hitter (or 3) and the rest may as well be randoms...

And then you have people who individually take out an entire clan all by themselves when on a server, which cracks me up.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 03:05:09 am by Tears_of_Destiny »

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 03:30:09 am »
This. Some clans are not as... organized... when in large numbers, and small ones like DFC still rolls the other team despite only being 2-4 people on at a time.

There is at least 2 clans out there that are less then exemplary when hitting a server with 20+ people and all you have to do is nail their top hitter (or 3) and the rest may as well be randoms...

And then you have people who individually take out an entire clan all by themselves when on a server, which cracks me up.

sorry i was talking about real clans. not some cannon fodder sharing the same prefix and banner. go see some grey order siege action sometime. you can't just hold 10 of em alone or in 2-3 when they go ninja the flag.  the fact is you can't gather and lead all the random play for fun people on your team against that level. and if you make it, you'll probably end teamswitched anyway while the actual clanstack get mass-switched too.

Offline Damug

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 04:52:07 pm »

You're talking about lljk aren't you. Those guys are seriously bad. Especially that damug guy, he's worse than goatek.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 05:07:04 pm »
You're talking about lljk aren't you. Those guys are seriously bad. Especially that damug guy, he's worse than goatek.

Heh, no... I was thinking of a specific three clans that are not LLJK actually... Strategus already has proven that (at least in the fight I was in) the LLJK can actually play a serious game and keep it together. It was a welcome surprise, in all honesty... though yeah that Damug guy is just terribad, but I was talking about "real" players.

sorry i was talking about real clans. not some cannon fodder sharing the same prefix and banner. go see some grey order siege action sometime. you can't just hold 10 of em alone or in 2-3 when they go ninja the flag.  the fact is you can't gather and lead all the random play for fun people on your team against that level. and if you make it, you'll probably end teamswitched anyway while the actual clanstack get mass-switched too.
I have seen the Greys in action thank you, but everyone is a real clan, just some have a hopeless leader/trainer or an influx of new recruits that have temporarily diluted the ranks too much. Of course the clans that have a higher organizational level will be smashing the opposition with ease, but we already know that, and honestly you can't really stop that sort of thing. That would be like complaining that one of the best players in the game more often then not destroys average players...

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 06:20:50 pm »
Of course the clans that have a higher organizational level will be smashing the opposition with ease, but we already know that, and honestly you can't really stop that sort of thing.

so you say it's right. having clanwar organization and using it as a gold mine and clanwar training (including TS, a clan trained to fight together all day, good mix of builds, top of the line equipment, above average skill, a commander commanding that team) in a public server versus people that just go there saying "what a shitting work day... let's smash some heads" is right.

when you go in a public server like shogunate, where the worst player is above average and the best player usually is one of the top players, you expect that and you go there having balanced teams most of the time. usually 3-4 clans fielding 5-10 players that cooperate to win, no leechers, no tkers.

there is a little difference from that case to a usual siege server where you can't simply compete with your random teammates against a full stack clanwar-minded team.

i just say that we have 3 EU siege servers. and i'm asking to the devs and admins at least ONE of those servers to be set with a different autobalance algorythm. (you know, there are more autobalance settings. 1 is strict autobalance, 2 is autobalance by banner, 3 is no autobalance).

if clans want to farm money in the other 2 sieges, they can go there and do their clanwar stuff against other clans, like we all do in the shogunate public battle server or various clan tournaments.

im not complaining about a "better than me" enemy. i should remember that our clan (Legio) in the shogunate tournament gone up in the winners bracket to face the Mercs in the finals. As a clan, we surely enjoy a good clanstack versus clanstack. but in my opinion, public servers and ladder clanwars should be in different servers.

EDIT:

and oh... im not the only one complaining about that. but is kinda "meh" when you have a spare hour to play some siege and you get a good clan planning to farm in it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 06:22:15 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 07:25:19 pm »
crying about having to fight clans, in a game designed for clans to fight each other

OP is fail

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 09:33:12 pm »
I tend to agree especially after seeing several clans using the same banner.
I thought the spirit of BB was that you can play with (clan)mates and form small squads and not about powergrinding.
Don't really see why one BBless server should hurt, more options = more fun. Plus, the other server would free up a bit and you could have more clan vs clan matches there, everyone is a winner.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 09:35:34 pm »
If there were specific servers with BB off and normal autobalance on then yes I would support them as long as the official servers still have a bunch of 120 slot servers ready for BB.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 10:37:55 pm »
crying about having to fight clans, in a game designed for clans to fight each other

OP is fail

as your troll attempt is.

as you stated clans to fight each other.

not clans farming on random people.

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 10:47:04 pm »
ATS 50 man server has banner balance off.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol: