Author Topic: 1200 ticket  (Read 5310 times)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Re: 1200 ticket
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2011, 10:21:03 am »
+1
Not to feed the fire, but I do find it a bit confusing that you chose to misinterpret "I'll have to consult with the rest of the guys" to mean "we agree and have a deal!". I also find it a bit awkward that though Kesh may have flung some shit around earlier, you then say that we are all a bunch of arrogant trolls and such. I've seen one member of BRD make an ass of himself so far, how many Mercs have done the same?

p.s. When we saw one of our members making offensive posts we reminded him that it is not how we wish to represent ourselves and he has been much more careful with his posts since.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 10:24:01 am by Matey »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2011, 10:23:14 am »
I've seen one member of BRD make an ass of himself so far, how many Mercs have done the same?

Matey, you are never an ass, and I know you love me. :)
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 10:26:11 am »
Matey, you are never an ass, and I know you love me. :)
I see what cha did there.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2011, 10:30:04 am »
Congratulation to the Mercs.

Way to go guys. Even if the system is not working as intended, that was pure genius.
Shame I couldn't be there and see it with my own eyes.

:)

Offline Different

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Alatar, and many more
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2011, 10:51:18 am »

Way to go guys. Even if the system is not working as intended, that was pure genius.

thank you. This pushed us a lot  8-)

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2011, 11:36:14 am »
Not to feed the fire, but I do find it a bit confusing that you chose to misinterpret "I'll have to consult with the rest of the guys" to mean "we agree and have a deal!". I also find it a bit awkward that though Kesh may have flung some shit around earlier, you then say that we are all a bunch of arrogant trolls and such. I've seen one member of BRD make an ass of himself so far, how many Mercs have done the same?

p.s. When we saw one of our members making offensive posts we reminded him that it is not how we wish to represent ourselves and he has been much more careful with his posts since.

Well you guys made a quite well presentation right at the start. I don't know what other people think about you nor I'm interested but we won't remember you well at all. Well you shouldn't really be surprised about Merc trolling but I apologize if it went too far at some points.
But when I hear "Bridge Burners" from now on I'll only remember, backstabbing (http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,11017.msg157284.htm), smear campaign, disorder and naiveness.

Only suggestion I can give you is : Fire your advisor, if its within your clan just reconsider the positions, if its outside of your clan stop being a puppet. Not saying that you might care about my suggestion.

Lets all not forget, this is strategus beta. It might be wiped out but enemies might remain, so make smart moves.

Offline RO_FearMyArrow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • :)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bd_Catwoman, Guard_BD_FearMe
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2011, 11:39:36 am »
+2
Congrats on both Clans, for providing us with the first e-drama. We really missed some good old strat fun.

Offline Barbarian_the_grey

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2011, 12:01:14 pm »
We really missed some good old strat fun.

like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAj-yIVxeys

thats why i think the new strat is better than old
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 12:03:25 pm by Barbarian_the_grey »

Offline marco1391

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Legio_Marco1691
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2011, 02:31:25 pm »

well it wasn't that crafty, many clans were thinking about that even from the first day when the spawn sistem was introduced.
this sistem is flawed so that the faction with the best equipment is able to prevail even if the difference on numbers is huge(we could see 10000 vs 200 battles like this)
also there could be huge disadvantages also with the numbers of mercs hired, where a faction with 35 mercs vs a faction with 60 mercs would most likely lose due to the spawn, no matter the number of troops(in addiction to the normal penality that a battle being outnumbered like that would have resulted).
this imo could be fixed adding more spawns, like 3 per team, or adding a considerable time(ovviously they should find a balanced amount of that)to disable the enemy spawn(best solution imo)

however we can agree that the result of the battle was mainly due to the mistake of the attackers, and the mercs were ready and prepared to take advantage of that, so congratulatuons to them

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 224
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Gingerpussy
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2011, 04:48:43 pm »
however we can agree that the result of the battle was mainly due to the mistake of the attackers, and the mercs were ready and prepared to take advantage of that, so congratulatuons to them

Well not to boost or anything, but our strategy was a lot more complex then ever done in a Strategus battle ever or even in cRPG. However i will not tell you the hole strategy. But please live in the dream bubble if you want :)

After so many months with mercs are weak and only trolls, maybe this will show another side.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2011, 04:49:34 pm »
I thought the one spawn point was common knowledge?  Knowing what you know, you have to prevent them from taking your spawn point...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 04:51:06 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2011, 05:11:51 pm »
Well not to boost or anything, but our strategy was a lot more complex then ever done in a Strategus battle ever or even in cRPG. However i will not tell you the hole strategy. But please live in the dream bubble if you want :)

After so many months with mercs are weak and only trolls, maybe this will show another side.

way i hear it told your strategy involved spending all of your money on heavy cav and exploiting a poorly executed game mechanic
FREE ALLERS

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2011, 09:52:54 pm »
Day 2.  Reading alot of butthurt

I thought the one spawn point was common knowledge?  Knowing what you know, you have to prevent them from taking your spawn point...

Most intelligent advice i heard for BRD so far

300 troops against 1200 troops. And there stupid enough to think were simply gonna sit there with a bunch of siegeshieds and crappy gear.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 09:58:48 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk