Author Topic: AI Changing Hiring List  (Read 642 times)

Offline Dasty

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Among the Shadows
  • Game nicks: Dasty, Dasty_ATS
AI Changing Hiring List
« on: July 17, 2011, 07:54:43 am »
So I have had this problem twice now, I sign up for a village defense where the AI is defending. I get accepted, and then several hours later I come back and see that I have been switched back to pending.

The first time I thought I was going crazy but now I am sure this is actually happening. Just wondering if this was a known bug and if anyone else had the same issues.

Offline panderson

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The White Company
  • Game nicks: Pandersonsonsonsonson_WCo
  • IRC nick: Panderson
Re: AI Changing Hiring List
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 08:45:09 am »
Dasty, if you look around further, you will find a thread addressing why this happened.  Essentially, the AI tries to intelligently decide who to hire for battles.  Who they hire is based on past performance in strat battles and most likely level.  In addition, they also take into account recent activity.  If a person is not active on the website or game before a battle, they may be kicked. 

The list is constantly re-prioritized based on whatever criteria they use, so it is not a bug. 

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 09:48:50 am »
- Strategus recruiting changed: every hour it hires applicants. Once hired, you can still be kicked out if the AI thinks there's a better applicant
- if you are not in the battle roster right before the game, don't give up - it kicks people out that have not been active right before the battle (like joining a server on using the website). This means you can still get in.
- the AI will remember your performance. If you do bad, your chances to get hired in the future sink drastically. At the same time, if you do good, you can ask for more money from the AI in the future.

- Sabotaging the AI is not allowed.

Offline Dasty

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Among the Shadows
  • Game nicks: Dasty, Dasty_ATS
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 05:50:19 pm »
Oh, thanks! Everyone I asked didn't seem to know so I thought it was a bug.