Author Topic: THE anime thread  (Read 146928 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1097
  • Infamy: 2043
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: THE anime thread
« Reply #1170 on: February 17, 2017, 04:03:37 pm »
I get your point but didn't care much about it. Actually prefer later seasons of DRR!! because characters grew on me and I wanted to see more of them. Want same for Baccano! New stories with existing characters.

There are anime which are perfectly suited for 12 or 24 episodes, where story has just the right pacing. But there are also one season anime which feel like introduction. Original Berserk and Baccano are like that. It's like first season was just character introduction and you expect more. But there isn't more (wasn't up until last year in case of Berserk).

There's is HxH where 150 episodes feel like long introduction to grand adventures. I was like, okay this was great so far now I know all the chars, but can you please keep exploring unchartered/forbidden land with some of the strongest chars. I want to know what is out there, you goddamn lazy manga writer!

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: February 17, 2017, 08:56:13 pm »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #1172 on: February 24, 2017, 06:15:43 pm »
+2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(click to show/hide)

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #1173 on: February 24, 2017, 07:47:24 pm »
I've seen Death Note, Code Geass, and Princess Mononoke am I a dirty weeb?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2186
  • Infamy: 663
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: February 24, 2017, 08:25:28 pm »
+1
Mononoke's a'ight

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #1175 on: February 25, 2017, 01:14:01 am »
+1
I've seen Death Note, Code Geass, and Princess Mononoke am I a dirty weeb?
I got a friend who NEVER watches anime and even he has death note on his hard drive. My mum has seen mononoke and she never watches anime.

I think you´re still good and pure

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #1176 on: February 25, 2017, 08:45:01 pm »
+1
Depends on how much of Code Geass and Death Note you've seen, even then you're still probably fine.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #1177 on: February 25, 2017, 08:50:03 pm »
+1
Depends on how much of Code Geass and Death Note you've seen, even then you're still probably fine.

Watched them all. Really enjoyed it too  :rolleyes:

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #1178 on: February 25, 2017, 08:53:48 pm »
+6
Watched them all. Really enjoyed it too  :rolleyes:

If you enjoyed all of Death note, youve got a problem deeper than being a weeb.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2740
  • Infamy: 795
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: February 26, 2017, 12:18:52 am »
+1
Death Note ain't bad overall, but I truly despise that anime. Second part is pure garbage. Can live with ending (although I wish it ended differently), but most of the second season makes no sense. That blond kid is obnoxious. Eru or L is one of the best characters in anime imho.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: February 26, 2017, 12:55:00 am »
+1
I didn't watch Death Note the anime, but I did read the mango. The beginning is pretty cool, the mc (Light? Raito? Fukboi?) is somewhat relatable and I was thinking of what I would do in his situation. But then it became the author's ego masturbation. The person who wrote it probably wanted readers to think "w0w this guy's so smart!!!". I bet there exists a forum where autists analyze and discuss tiniest details of DN, and pretend to be as smart as mc. I'm fairly sure N is how the author sees himself. N is often seen playing with dolls or some shit, same thing as what author does with the characters. There was even something like a spreadsheet thing at the end, with different characters' "stats", so I guess when developing the plot, the author referred to these stats while stroking his mental dick.

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #1181 on: February 27, 2017, 08:20:05 am »
+1
Honestly, I like the idea behind Mellow, the concept seems cool enough. Basically just a crooked L going through Criminal organizations to take out other criminals. The only problem is they utterly failed in making him. The whole flying to America shit was pretty stupid, but the same can be said for the British Orphanage. I also don't hate the Orphanage, but the whole British part just seems to be the second seasons way of revving things up. The stakes have never been higher when you go international. Having mini-L seems like a waste of a slot for a new original character and kind of ruining L's death. Oh sure Light can kill the main antagonist, but there are duplicates for him to fight now. Honestly I would have been much more interested in a more fleshed out Mellow working with the Yakuza instead of N and M competing to get to Kira first. Then again, making a good second season goes against animu tradition. Can't do that.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1274
  • Infamy: 2358
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: February 27, 2017, 09:23:34 pm »
+1
Dudes, if you're reading this page full of spoilers please don't blame me for continuing.

What makes Death Note good anime and reason why L's character is so brilliant isn't his intelligence, cleverness, him devouring ton of sugar and still staying slim. He needs to be super smart to fight Light, but he's such great and loveable character because he knows Light is guilty yet gives him the chance to repent himself. L treats Light as his only, genuine friend and is willing to forgive him. After Light kills him, he's changed man. Basically I see second season from Light's perspective as him wanting to be caught, because of what he did to L. He considered L to be his only friend as well but was too scared what will happen to him, he let his selfishness ruin his friendship.

First part of anime isn't about super smart dudes outwitting each other, if it was just about that DN would be crap anime just like second season is. Friendship is the reason why it is good. Without human, likeable characters, second part fails so bad. Mello isn't likeable char at all, but he's closest to it. Especially compared with emotionless man child called Near.

L sacrificed himself, put himself in the open unprotected. At that moment he let himself depend on Light and that cost him his life. I don't bite the story that he needed definite proof in order to put Light behind bars. If he wanted it that bad he'd find it sooner, Light was getting sloppy and left ton of clues. L isn't someone who needs everything to be perfect in order to put criminal behind bars, he knew Light was guilty because there wasn't anybody else who fits the profile. But he liked Light too much and enjoyed their little game. He valued playing with Light more than putting an end to his shenanigans. Some may call his actions stupid, I think he's very humane and awesome character.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:28:13 pm by Leshma »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 751
  • Infamy: 1924
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: February 27, 2017, 09:32:45 pm »
The whole flying to America shit was pretty stupid, but the same can be said for the British Orphanage. I also don't hate the Orphanage, but the whole British part just seems to be the second seasons way of revving things up. The stakes have never been higher when you go international.

Not author's fault, you should blame Japanese people in general. There is nothing funnier than manga writers trying to create international plot. The way they imagine global state of affairs is just silly. In every anime I've seen so far. Only Black Lagoon and Eden: It's an Endless World manage to create somewhat plausible global scenario.

Actually, I think they are taking the piss. You know, like these 24 commercials (https://youtu.be/Ga4nNSqsYp0).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:36:21 pm by Leshma »

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: March 10, 2017, 06:22:28 pm »
Girls und Panzer is now my second favorite animu, the first is still Lucky Star.