Author Topic: [Looking for] Scene Reviewers! Join today, be a Community Hero Tomorrow!  (Read 1466 times)

Offline Jacko

• Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
Greetings!

Our hard working Scene Managers are busy learning the ropes, and we still have more positions to fill, namely the Scene Reviewer position.

The new standard for submitting maps will be:

• Mappers submits a Scene in the appropriate thread.
  • A Scene Reviewer responds that he has begun reviewing the map.
  • Looks over the map, if needed proposes changes to the mapper (this stage can go on for quite a while).
  • When the Reviewer and the Mapper are satisfied, the map gets approved and are sent to the Scene Managers for further implementation.

So what we are looking for are Mappers that feel they have the time and patience to take on this responsibility. You will get a new title and the eternal gratitude of the community (*cough*).
Some of these new changes may seem a little bureaucratic, but for the system to work we need to spread out the responsibilities and obligations, seeing how time consuming these things can be.

Apply in this thread if you are interested. We are mainly looking for experienced mappers, but anyone is free to apply.

/Jacko

Monkeys!

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
Jacko, just for clarification - reviewing the map means through screenshots or opening it up in the editor and flying the camera around?

I'm assuming the second.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Fips

• Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
Jacko, just for clarification - reviewing the map means through screenshots or opening it up in the editor and flying the camera around?

I'm assuming the second.

Definitely the second. Can't tell flying props or wrong ladders from screenshots =P

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears

I'm assuming the second.
Should be opened in the "host" instead of the game, to cover shit like ladders, siege towers, flora limits (seriously, what the fuck is the point of a flora limit?), etc.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Nordwolf

• Earl
  • Renown: 492
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Nordwolf, 4 other Nordwolfs, Wolf_in_the_Van Victory, Earngrim, Core, Farewell, Akaio_BlackSpear +**
The bad thing about opening in "host" is that some stuff doesn't work or glitches - like passing through ladders etc.
So in ultimate reviewing should be done at local dedicated server. Though I doub't anyone would do that :D

PS: I can probably apply.... but I think you don't need anyone in this position with low online rate.

Offline Fips

• View Profile
The bad thing about opening in "host" is that some stuff doesn't work or glitches - like passing through ladders etc.
So in ultimate reviewing should be done at local dedicated server. Though I doub't anyone would do that :D

PS: I can probably apply.... but I think you don't need anyone in this position with low online rate.

Nah, as long as you are testing it in your actual crpg module you should be fine. I did that with my maps and they turned out to be the exact way they were in the game.

Flora limit is important for fps, derp. If you put a shitton of flora in your map it will lagg like hell on some maps.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Nah, as long as you are testing it in your actual crpg module you should be fine. I did that with my maps and they turned out to be the exact way they were in the game.

Flora limit is important for fps, derp. If you put a shitton of flora in your map it will lagg like hell on some maps.
Yeah, but shouldn't fps lag just as bad if you spam a shitload of regular props? Don't think there is a limit that makes the props you place there not appear in game...
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Fips

• View Profile
Yeah, but shouldn't fps lag just as bad if you spam a shitload of regular props? Don't think there is a limit that makes the props you place there not appear in game...

Of course it does, but you can't spam the other props like you can just spam vegetation all over the map.

Offline Jacko

• Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
Yes, reviewing is done ingame, be it the host option, your own dedicated server, your own module or via cRPG scene chooser. Some ways are superior (like dedicated hosting), but I'll settle for just ingame.
Monkeys!

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
+2
[Ok Fips convincsed me]

I will sign up.
** But there may be times when it takes me a little while to get to a map.  Unfortunately I have a lot of RL responsibilities :(

Come on boys!! Sign up...you know who you are.
Peasant Woman, Jarold, afonsoserro etc
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 06:03:17 pm by Elindor »

Offline Viriathus

• Count
  • Renown: 273
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • !TI SLLIW DOG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader_Alliance
  • Game nicks: Templar_Viriathus
I would if i had the time! truly. However, im going to review as many maps as i can.

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • what? ... What? ... WHAT?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: Warden_Thranduil The_Doctor
Well, seeing as there is only an average of 3~4 map submissions per month, I think I can handle that. However, if anyone with more experience and/or time than I have applies, I will respectfully defer to him or her.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
Edited my post...I'm in  :rolleyes:

Offline Jacko

• Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
Will make it official when I get back, welcome Elindor!
Monkeys!

Offline Neggaz

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I would like to have the right to change map in a random serv so i could see witch one is the best for do the best map list rotation ever