Poll

Unban Huey?

Yes, fuck finals
84 (52.5%)
No, I'm ignorant
76 (47.5%)

Total Members Voted: 158

Author Topic: I'm done with finals.  (Read 7013 times)

Offline Svitjodvarg

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
  • Strategus Coordinator!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolves
  • Game nicks: Wolves_DeGothia
  • IRC nick: Wolves_DeGothia
Re: I'm done with finals.
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2012, 06:30:01 am »
How often do i have to tell you Kraken is nordic you Cunt?:D

Scandinavian*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2012, 10:59:29 am »
Of course I do.
Actually, racism is EXACTLY calling someone a friend. What you describe is a hate crime and it is a completely seperate thing.

Much like calling Mexicans inferior isn't racism (it is biggotry) so is race-based attacks not racism (they are hate crimes)

l2terminology.

Calling other people inferior regardless of their race is bigotry, calling them inferior because they're Mexican is racism. You're picking out their race as a distinctive trait to separate yourself from them and then saying they're inferior for that sole reason is racism. But you were right about the calling people names like friend is a hate crime but that probably makes you a racist for using spiteful words on a person because they have a different skin color.
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2012, 11:48:00 am »
+2
Calling other people inferior regardless of their race is bigotry, calling them inferior because they're Mexican is racism. You're picking out their race as a distinctive trait to separate yourself from them and then saying they're inferior for that sole reason is racism. But you were right about the calling people names like friend is a hate crime but that probably makes you a racist for using spiteful words on a person because they have a different skin color.

okey what?

This whole text is a big bloody mess Spaniard.

Let me explain

first of all

Calling other people inferior regardless of their race is bigotry

Correct! It is biggotry. All racism is biggotry but not all biggotry is racism. For example, saying something bad referring to ALL members of a group (for example: Blacks are idiots!) is biggotry. However, NOT all biggotry is racism. For example, saying "my old friends aren't human" is not racism as gays aren't a race.

This is similar to how all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares.

calling them inferior because they're Mexican is racism. You're picking out their race as a distinctive trait to separate yourself from them and then saying they're inferior for that sole reason is racism.

Calling Mexicans inferior is NOT racism by ANY definition. From the most conservative one to the most liberal one. The fact that you consider it racism shows your utter lack of education on the matter (which, do not misunderstand, I don't blame it on you. Very few people are educated into these matters. One more reason to get rid of the silly, unenforcable rule) mainly because Mexicans are NOT a race much like Americans are not a race. Mexicans have many different racial groups including Indians, Spaniards, Latinos, Germans, Chinese etc. The biggest segment of the population is, in fact, not even HALF the population. It is impossible to be racist when you do not refer to a race and thus what you are looking for here is biggotry which is NOT bannable.

Yet you would have banned for it. In fact, somebody did against Washington (the player, not the actual guy) for NO justifiable reason.

But you were right about the calling people names like friend is a hate crime but that probably makes you a racist for using spiteful words on a person because they have a different skin color.

Hate crimes are caused by racism but racism doesn't cause hate crimes. Racists are no more prone to be violent than any other segment of the population (percentage wise), it is just that their violence is directed at specific segments of society. So instead of gutting random people, they choose to gut people of <race they don't like>.

Also, as I said above, the c-rpg rules are not here (and SHOULD not be here) to secure the long standing prosperity of society. That is the job of the government, not the crpg community. Thus what effects racism might have in real life in completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2012, 04:26:19 pm »
Sigh you get way too technical for no damned reason. I know that Mexicans are people who are citizens of that country and that they can be of any ethnic origin. But I assumed that you were referring to the Latino people that live there in overwhelming numbers and are the target of the statement of being inferior. Because honestly a racist (And one of the definitions is hate or intolerance of other races) are more likely to commit crimes based on these beliefs because they believe their race is superior. That is also a part of the definition look it up.

Oh and if someone is a racist do you think they will refer to Latino or an African American as such? No they don't call people Mexican and refer to a white family but of the Latinos who dominate as the biggest ethnicity in Mexico

Bigotry has one g in it so stop spelling it wrong, especially if you're going to say I'm uneducated.

And as far as bans go, it really comes down to the admins deciesion whether or not to ban someone on how offensive they're being. So saying "people are stupid" that is t going to generate any offense to another player so will be ignored unlike (this is what I got the other day) "Hey spaniard, you're probably another stupid Mexican who needs to go cut my grass" now that is offensive. One it's greifing another player and secondly its a racist comment because they don't mean a mexican citizen but a person who is latino. Even one comment isn't going to get you banned but more likely muted/ warned to shut up or I'll ban you.
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2012, 11:48:25 pm »
+1
Come on guys we are all on the same side! Remember why we are here. TO FREE HUEY  NEWTON!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:58:28 am by DoD_Blackzilla »

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2012, 12:20:52 am »
Release him.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline Arathian

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2012, 03:49:00 am »
+1
Sigh you get way too technical for no damned reason. I know that Mexicans are people who are citizens of that country and that they can be of any ethnic origin. But I assumed that you were referring to the Latino people that live there in overwhelming numbers and are the target of the statement of being inferior. Because honestly a racist (And one of the definitions is hate or intolerance of other races) are more likely to commit crimes based on these beliefs because they believe their race is superior. That is also a part of the definition look it up.

Oh and if someone is a racist do you think they will refer to Latino or an African American as such? No they don't call people Mexican and refer to a white family but of the Latinos who dominate as the biggest ethnicity in Mexico

Bigotry has one g in it so stop spelling it wrong, especially if you're going to say I'm uneducated.

And as far as bans go, it really comes down to the admins deciesion whether or not to ban someone on how offensive they're being. So saying "people are stupid" that is t going to generate any offense to another player so will be ignored unlike (this is what I got the other day) "Hey spaniard, you're probably another stupid Mexican who needs to go cut my grass" now that is offensive. One it's greifing another player and secondly its a racist comment because they don't mean a mexican citizen but a person who is latino. Even one comment isn't going to get you banned but more likely muted/ warned to shut up or I'll ban you.

Yes but why refer to MEXICANS when in fact latinos are the majority in most of middle America? It makes no sense if he was refering to the race. He obviously believes the ETHNICITY is inferior (its culture, its traditions etc). In fact, I believe certain ethnicities are inferior too compared to the more western ethnicities. Does that make me a bigot? Yes. Does that make me a racist? Nope.

As for the mute/warning first, at least on that I agree if it is the way it is implemented. Yet I have seen people outright kicked in the server I was in for words (and banned, of course) with no (visible) prior warning, so I have my doubts.

Better yet would be to live and let live and ignore the people you don't like with the in-game ignore function. It lets YOU mods to actually do stuff that matter like ban people who team kill instead of acting like the thought police.

Offline Arathian

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2012, 08:27:12 am »
Calling Mexicans inferior is NOT racism by ANY definition.

okey, this last bit is wrong

"A RACIST: A racist is one who is both privileged and socialized on the basis of race by a white supremacist (racist) system. The term applies to all white people (i.e., people on European descent) living in the United States, regardless of class, gender, religion, culture or sexuality. By this definition, people of color cannot be racists, because as peoples within the system, they do not have the power to back up their prejudices, hostilities, or acts of discrimination.

REVERSE RACISM: A term created and used by white people to deny their white privilege. Those in denial use the term reverse racism to refer to hostile behavior by people of color toward whites, and to affirmative action policies, which allegedly give 'preferential treatment' to people of color over whites. In th US, there is no such thing as 'reverse racism'.

A NON-RACIST: A non-term. The term was created by whites to deny responsibility for systematic racism, to maintain an aura of innocence in the face of racial oppression, and to shift responsibility for that oppression from whites to people of color (called "blaming the victim"). Responsibility for perpetuating and legitimizing a racist system rests both on those who actively maintain it, and on those who refuse to challenge it. Silence is consent.

Have you ever heard a well-meaning white person say, ‘I’m not a member of any race except the human race?’ What she usually means by this statement is that she doesn’t want to perpetuate racial categories by acknowledging that she is white. This is an evasion of responsibility for her participation in a system based on supremacy for white people."

just wanted to share because this is hilarious and also bump the thread because

FREE HUEY

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2012, 08:32:37 am »
Everyone on this forum are racist.

End of discussions.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2012, 08:57:33 am »
Nobody cares whether there are races or not. We are all sentient and that is what it's all about. Even if all asians where actually aliens and all semites evolved from the ancestors of dolphins instead of primates, there would be no reason to consider them inferior.

Offline Arathian

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2012, 09:15:13 am »
Nobody cares whether there are races or not. We are all sentient and that is what it's all about. Even if all asians where actually aliens and all semites evolved from the ancestors of dolphins instead of primates, there would be no reason to consider them inferior.

You are right, nobody argues that.

I simply argue that banning speech is bad.