Author Topic: Donkey team no longer developing M:BG / OKAM  (Read 107738 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1099
  • Infamy: 2165
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Donkey team no longer developing M:BG / OKAM
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2017, 11:07:30 pm »
+1
NDA is quite serious thing :rolleyes:

500 million dollar serious, in case of Oculus VR vs Zenimax :wink:

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2017, 11:31:52 pm »
+5
500 million dollar serious, in case of Oculus VR vs Zenimax :wink:

No one tends to fuck with NDA's unless you have a very good lawyer and crap load of money, and most NDA's have an end date so maybe someday chadz is legally able to give his side of the story. I believe OKAM site and forums is now ran by new developers. This forum and anything crpg belongs to chadz and crew.
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline slimpyman

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2017, 03:21:09 am »
+9
well... i support crpg. fuck it. when bannerlord comes out, port all of crpg mod unto that engine. do it justice just like you did this engine justice. id pay monthly fee... shit. I started crpg almost 7 years ago. I never gave a dollar until the 67 usd to support the melee battgrounds aka OKAM project. every update and patch through crpg led to so many memories.  hopefully crpg can once again be executed properly and be profitable on bannerlord. heres hoping....

Offline Suedehead

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: wife_of_an_acrobat
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2017, 06:18:05 pm »
No one tends to fuck with NDA's unless you have a very good lawyer and crap load of money
Yes, but:
WW and chadzs ended up being him kicked out either forced to leave his own beloved project that he created, started and developed for years - any could goes worse for him at this point? :D :rolleyes:
If the house is burning, let the barn burn as well :D
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 07:20:13 pm by Suedehead »

Offline Suedehead

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: wife_of_an_acrobat
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2017, 08:37:23 pm »
+3
Lets say Warlock Wireless have tried to meddle and push the development a way the Donkey's weren't happy with. If you cared so much about your game would you want to leave the fate of it 100% in their hands? I think it would be logical to stay on the team even if you weren't happy with the direction its going because at least then you would have some control. Now they have none at all.
I think they given 100% of it in their hands when signed that contract - "accept a deal - one that involved giving away the majority ownership, and therefore voting power, of the project we worked on for many years". And at some cases there is no more point to stay in such situation - for what sake? By your own arms drive project in wrong way and not having even a possibility to change something? Cut off features from your own game, because you have been told to, and can't change shit? And then, moreover, take all the responsibility for it before the community, because, look, before all this collapsed, no one even know that WW are in charge now - everyone blames chadz only. Maybe, it is WW who decide to postpone and keep quiet epic for undefined time - but still DC and mostly chadz took all the rage from community.
This is painfully reminiscent of the situation in some football(soccer - for NA) teams, that appears from time to time, at least in our league. There is f.e. some team with president-owner and trainer. And president in mid-season sold partof the team, the very best core players, or forced them to leave by cutting of the budget, and did not bought any new players instead, did nothing to strengthen the team. And so team starts to failing season. Who fans are blamed an outrage at first? Of course the trainer, they do not give a shit, that he can't do much with that shitty resourses that he has now. And at most cases trainers resigns at this point - nothing much they can do. :rolleyes:
It sounds more likely that they were forced out imo, rather than having a disagreement on the direction. If they were forced out why would they keep some no name coders on board? You would keep at least some people experienced with the game. Why would Warlock Wireless want 0% of the Donkies? So then I go back to some getting laid off and then they all end up deciding to go rather than be split apart. Which to me would be pretty sad
Well, yes, they were forced out, except not "rather than", but "because of" they "having a strong disagreement on the direction" and it's the reason of development team demarche in my opinion. I can't see any other particular reason beside. Not enough money? Just develop the game further, and eventually you will have tons of it. DC do not know how and in fact could not done f.e. epic with this engine etc.? Then unlikely some "outside" dev could, what the point to continue project at all?
What else could be the reason?  :|

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2017, 10:02:17 pm »
+8
Yes, but:
WW and chadzs ended up being him kicked out either forced to leave his own beloved project that he created, started and developed for years - any could goes worse for him at this point? :D :rolleyes:
If the house is burning, let the barn burn as well :D

Yes, it could go much worse for him.  I'm sure he could be held fiscally responsible for any damages due to breaking the NDA, tarnish his rep with other publishers, etc. For what?  Just to tell his side of the story to some people on the crpg forums?  not worth it
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline BeastSVK

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights who say NI
  • Game nicks: NobleBeast_Knight_who_say_NI
  • IRC nick: NobleBeast_Knight_who_say_NI
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2017, 06:18:12 pm »
+1
I wonder if contract of giving away majority of company (if this case happend we dont know for sure ) could be void and removed due pending contract with comunity from days when a lot of guys from here invested into chadz company.. maybe if you guys sign some petition hire lawyers to check on contracts and situation ..maybe we can force GMG or Warlock whatever company is now taking over of OKAM to take back DC.. :P ..a little fantasy of mine :D ..do we have some lawyers here ??? Niiii...and maybe chadz could atleast break NDA for investors and not be legali pursued based on some kind of obligation to early investors ?

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 12, 2017, 11:06:40 am »
+3
Did that before it was cool..
Amateur. I got my Leshma account deleted on those forums in the first day.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Larvae

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Larvae
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2017, 02:10:31 pm »
Such silence now from the dev team...wonder what they are doing  :?:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

- Through actions,a man becomes a hero. - Through death,a hero becomes a legend. - Through time,a legend becomes a myth. - And by learning from the myth,a man takes action -

Offline Otus_VI

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Otus_VI
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2017, 03:04:32 pm »
+2
B R I N G   B A C K   C R P G   !! ! ! ! !

And also so sorry to hear chadz that Okam didn't work out :/
Peasant for life

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2017, 07:22:00 pm »
+1
tbh the okam development almost couldn't go any worse during ea than it was going, so i guess the donkey team was just fired; if i had my money in it i'd do the same. i suspect that chadz and maybe some others are autists - really the communication skills towards the gaming community and promises were one big nonexistant lol (except for pogosan). well it always has been this way, but maybe just only this time, just only when they started to really sell the game, only that little time one would expect a little difference LUL.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2017, 07:44:31 pm »
tbh the okam development almost couldn't go any worse during ea than it was going, so i guess the donkey team was just fired; if i had my money in it i'd do the same. i suspect that chadz and maybe some others are autists - really the communication skills towards the gaming community and promises were one big nonexistant lol (except for pogosan). well it always has been this way, but maybe just only this time, just only when they started to really sell the game, only that little time one would expect a little difference LUL.

signature time.
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2017, 09:08:04 pm »
+3

Possible. Still it is also possible that GMG was already messing around with donkeys at that time, pushing them to EA or release of epic + things behind the scenes we can't think of. Then epic failed and donkeys had the choice of lying to us or tell us what's going on by breaking NDA and getting into really big trouble. So someone hired pogo and devs went silent.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2017, 08:49:44 pm »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2017, 05:21:06 pm »
+17
I feel really bad for Pogosan. He shouldn't have to keep doing it. chadz should have put him down before leaving like any humane owner would have done.