Poll

quality thread?

LOL off topic - stuff not related to cRPG *cough* green arrows *cough*
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
memes
MWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMW
unban Killmax!
QGH QGT QGS
I dont care about cheating
I do cheat myself
cheaters should face harder punishments in future
Cassi best admin 2k16

Author Topic: online cheaters  (Read 1834 times)

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
online cheaters
« on: June 04, 2016, 02:13:56 pm »
+2
So, from what I have heard, new games like GTA 5, The Division, Dark Souls, Black Desert Online, etc. are facing giant amount of cheaters and hackers but do not seem to be willed to do anything about it.

I stopped playing Lotro a few months ago because the number of macro buffs spamming wardens was outrageous. It was a real discussion back then and I am pretty sure A LOT players did stop because of the same reason as me.

I am not willed to buy GTA 5 or any of those other games because I don't see any real effort from devs side to fight hackers and cheaters. They might release a statement that they are 100% aware of the problem and that they will swing the bannhammer against cheaters but I don't really see any progress.
Same for Steam's Valve anti cheat, which is utter bullshit anyway and doesn't seem to work properly at all. But different from others they don't even react on the players complaints. But again, I might just have missed the fun :s

So, from what I read, Blizzard currently really tries to prevent any kind of cheating from Overwatch and I am curious why no other publisher/dev is doing it that way. Logically seen it can only have a positive long time affect on both revenue and community statisfaction if you force cheaters to at least buy another key (if not REALLY permaban like Blizzard does)

Is it that hard to detect and prevent cheaters? Is there any law restriction which doesn't allow devs to do some kind of file scans or what? I don't see it, pls explain  :(

edit: quality poll added
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 02:22:24 pm by Cassi »
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
Re: online cheaters
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 02:25:28 pm »
+5
Depending on different circumcisionscircumstances ( :lol:), some online games are more prone to cheaters due to the way the game was designed/coded. GTA and ARMA for example do a lot of the calculation on the client, and the client sends the information to the server, which has to trust that data. It's heaven for cheaters, the advantage is that it's often cheaper for the developer. The reason can be various limits: i think ARMA originally expected games to be hosted mostly in trusted circles (you don't need cheat protection in board games), GTA tries to avoid needing too many servers (P2P), etc

In a simplified way, think of cRPG - changing your stats in your HTML/webbrowser does not change the actual stats on the server, it would be ridiculous if it would do that. GTA is doing exactly that, though, with the webbrowser being replaced with the actual game.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 03:42:14 pm by chadz »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 02:38:30 pm »
+4
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 03:26:26 pm »
+7
Depending on different circumcisions
I had mine when i was 10 years old. Hurt like hell.
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 03:39:31 pm »
+6
I had mine when i was 10 years old. Hurt like hell.
Because the rabbi is supposed to use a scalpel, not his teeth.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 03:41:51 pm »
+5
wtf, circumstances of course  :lol:

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 03:50:45 pm »
+4
The 'metzitzah b'peh', an ultra-Orthodox Jewish practice, requires the rabbi to orally suck the baby's penis to 'cleanse' the open wound following its circumcision, in several instances transferring the herpes virus to the infants whom thereby risk severe illness and death.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 04:13:42 pm »
+2
The 'metzitzah b'peh', an ultra-Orthodox Jewish practice, requires the rabbi to orally suck the baby's penis to 'cleanse' the open wound following its circumcision, in several instances transferring the herpes virus to the infants whom thereby risk severe illness and death.

good kill
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 04:16:08 pm »
+2
Games like GTA V aren't designed for multiplayer at all. Ubisoft's The Division should have been, but sure looks like it wasn't. Rockstar and Ubisoft have very little experience in good network coding anyhow.

There's a number of other reasons why there's much fewer cheaters in Overwatch atm. The first one is that they just launched. And they used the beta time to flag and permaban any cheaters they saw during the period. And that ban is really sticky, someone apparently re-bought Overwatch four times and was re-banned on every account without any new cheating taking place.

A second reason is economics. Many of the other games are older and cheap to "restart" and begin cheating again.

And then there's resources available per game. Blizzard has easily enough resources to buy and download every single Overwatch cheat tool out there and develop a countermeasure for each. While how many games exactly have Valve cheat protection? This also allows Blizzard to be more strict with it, since a couple of false positives don't fuck up your entire game collection.

Fourthly Overwatch might just not attract that many of the kind of person who would aimbot their way through to the top of the kill ladder. Or they find enough fun in using the heroes that don't function like a traditional fps.

It's really way too early to tell how well the Overwatch cheat protection holds up in comparison to others. As it ages more people will probably risk even the sticky ban or figure out a way around it too.

Is there any law restriction which doesn't allow devs to do some kind of file scans or what? I don't see it, pls explain  :(

No legal restriction to that really. The player can legally agree to a complete scan of their computer, but that requires a large amount of trust. If EA or Ubisoft or some asian MMO started going through all your files and uploading them for analysis, people would raise a huge stink about it. Especially if the uploaded file contained your financial information or similar that the scan thought looked like a disguised hack file.

wtf, circumstances of course  :lol:

Ahahaha.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2016, 06:23:47 pm »
+1
(you don't need cheat protection in board games)

I dont know about that..  :oops:

A lot of games suffer from cheaters, yeah, but whats even worse is when a game barely has any cheaters but everyone still calls eachother out for it. I play APB from time to time, and basically everyone thinks everyone cheats there, its quite ridiculous.

Then you have some games where cheating seems like a waste, apparently rocket league has had some cheaters. Wtf.

Dank souls has a lot of cheaters unfortunately, but unless they oneshot you, or get you softbanned then its actually quite a fun obstacle. People play the game for a bit of a challenge, so trying to take down a cheater by forcing him off a drop into instant death is so good.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2016, 06:30:14 pm »
+2

fuck.

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 07:12:14 pm »
In a simplified way, think of cRPG - changing your stats in your HTML/webbrowser does not change the actual stats on the server, it would be ridiculous if it would do that.

Ehh what?

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2016, 07:20:35 pm »
+3
Ehh what?
(click to show/hide)

Dig deeper untill you reach the flaming katana.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2016, 07:47:08 pm »
+2