How does that sound?

good
8 (18.2%)
bad
12 (27.3%)
it´s okay to be grey
24 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Level 38  (Read 2824 times)

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
Level 38
« on: July 29, 2015, 11:10:49 pm »
+1
I am at the moment with my main level 37, but I will never reach 650 million... With that char I got 210 million XP now and I would really like to play for something and many others too, but like 90 % of the level 37 players are like: Fuck XP. And XP is what this game is about, to achieve valour, winning rounds and to take part in strat battles.

Why do we destroy that by removing the possibility to get to 38. Why can't it be set down to 400 - 500 mio, so players who play active as fuck but can´t reach 38 atm can play for something?

Btw is there a list of the players who are 38? Cuz I really think they are less than 30. I on my own only know 3...

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Re: Level 38
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 11:39:25 pm »
+1
back in the day we had a fun thread where everyone stated their xp.  was a real race to who would be the first lv 35 ^^

here is me:

Generation:10
Type:Regular
Level:37
Experience:649,532,825
Level up in:8,306,370
Next level:657,839,195
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 11:46:47 pm »
Generation:3
Experience:214,267,720
Level up in:443,571,475
Kills/Deaths:381/121, 3,1:1

easy win for me :P

Offline AutoAim

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 173
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BOP_Esbaskani
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 11:56:11 pm »
+2
do u even have life ?
17th Muted

god bless latvia

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 04:12:34 am »
Generation:11
Level:35
Experience:13,799,131
Level up in:10,960,033
Next level:24,759,164

I dream about lvl36 :oops:
You schould retire again.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 04:28:36 am »
back in the day we had a fun thread where everyone stated their xp.  was a real race to who would be the first lv 35 ^^

here is me:

Generation:10
Experience:649,532,825
Level up in:8,306,370

Any idea when the last time you retired was? I haven't retired for nearly 2.5 years and I've got 12mil more than you to go QQ (and I'm also gen 16 so I get more xp to boot).

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 04:42:12 am »
playing now for 1,5 years and didn´t retire one year  :shock: You guys played a lot wtf :D

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 04:47:33 am »
+1
Been here for over 4 years now.  8-)

But really, that doesn't mean much as there are plenty of people who have been around here for far less time, but have spent more hours in-game than myself. Also, that gen bonus is massive, and you have to be crazy to try and reach high levels without being gen 16+ imo.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 05:10:17 am »
+3
Generation:34
Experience:10,195,638
Level up in:14,563,526

I can't stop retiring for SICK LOOMS. Being high level before the XP overhaul was a bigger advantage, if you got to 35 you had 5 levels on the "regular" players who were going to 30 and retiring on 31. That's like 14% more stat points and skill points (not to mention that each level granted you some free WPF back then too). I had been sitting at level 35 for a while, but when the xp overhaul was confirmed I retired pretty much right away.

Now, a level 37 is only 3 levels above the average build. 2 if you have generation 16+ and retiring at 36 instead of 35. A level 37 character has 5% more stat and skill points than me, and they spent a hell of a lot more than 5% more time getting there.

This is why I'm not going for a high level build. I like being able to make new +3 items to share in the armory and use on alt characters. There are certain builds you can only do at 36/37 since you need 3 stat points to reach the next "tier" of skill points. But it's not worth the time investment for me. I'm also an MMORPG addict so being able to see my xp bar go up and getting those levels from 1-35 give me motivation to keep playing. Always on dat treadmill...

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 05:20:07 am »
I´m okay with being lvl 35, but I hate being less than 30. That time is sooo annoying...

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 05:34:16 am »
Generation:34
Experience:10,195,638
Level up in:14,563,526

I can't stop retiring for SICK LOOMS. Being high level before the XP overhaul was a bigger advantage, if you got to 35 you had 5 levels on the "regular" players who were going to 30 and retiring on 31. That's like 14% more stat points and skill points (not to mention that each level granted you some free WPF back then too). I had been sitting at level 35 for a while, but when the xp overhaul was confirmed I retired pretty much right away.

Now, a level 37 is only 3 levels above the average build. 2 if you have generation 16+ and retiring at 36 instead of 35. A level 37 character has 5% more stat and skill points than me, and they spent a hell of a lot more than 5% more time getting there.

This is why I'm not going for a high level build. I like being able to make new +3 items to share in the armory and use on alt characters. There are certain builds you can only do at 36/37 since you need 3 stat points to reach the next "tier" of skill points. But it's not worth the time investment for me. I'm also an MMORPG addict so being able to see my xp bar go up and getting those levels from 1-35 give me motivation to keep playing. Always on dat treadmill...

That's what alts are for (or just getting an insane amount of cash and buying lps). ;)

I keep my high level build around so that way I can play the game as I want (agi hoplite) while still maintaining a competitive edge. I could very easily be 18-24 at level 35 like I used to be pre-patch, but then any pure build would have a fairly massive ~6 attribute point lead on me.

I remember reading a something that san posted a while back, about the three types of online gamers: those who will min-max and do all in their power to get the competitive edge, those who play the game the way they want to, regardless of how that impacts their performance, and then some other type... maybe a middle-ground between the two aforementioned players? I've always identified as the "play how I want to play" type of player, and that has cost me in some other games where I prefer to play low-tier characters/playstyles since I find them more fun. Well, if in crpg I can have both the higher performance (though still not the best) in addition to my preferred playstyle, then I'll sure as hell trade some MW items for that option.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 10:48:54 am »
+1
Also, that gen bonus is massive, and you have to be crazy to try and reach high levels without being gen 16+ imo.

I always knew that it's something wrong with Hetman  :lol: gen 1 lvl 38

The same here, 110 mil at 37 it's not too much compared to what was before, but still too much to not push the retirement button  :wink:
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 11:57:56 am »
+1
Any idea when the last time you retired was? I haven't retired for nearly 2.5 years and I've got 12mil more than you to go QQ (and I'm also gen 16 so I get more xp to boot).

last time I retired was when they changed pretty much everything.  they recalculated XP and XP levels,  and suddenly I was gen 10,  level 32 instead of gen 14(?) @ level 30 or whatnot.

Blackbird:  higher gens make a huge difference.  sb calculated back in the days that you achieve level 35 faster if you retire 16 times and then go for 35  then if you do it all as gen 1.

I always knew that it's something wrong with Hetman  :lol: gen 1 lvl 38

Hetman was at every major strat battle ever so that makes up for less gens :D
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 02:56:24 pm »
The only purpose of retiring is to get looms, and a few extra levels + never being <30 always seemed more valuable to me. Now with armouries, how punishing it is to be be lower level now + free respecs I can't see any good reason to retire. Lvl 38 in 273mil (gen 6) but don't really pay attention to it. Don't think its a good idea to make it quicker to 38, the levels are already too high for the game to handle
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 03:00:25 pm »