Poll

Make Hobo an admin?

Yes, he's the best
53 (52.5%)
No, but he's the best anyway
48 (47.5%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Author Topic: Gravoth doesn't deserve it...  (Read 5281 times)

pogosan

Gravoth doesn't deserve it...
« on: April 28, 2015, 03:53:58 pm »
+28

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 2636
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Gravoth doesn't deserve it...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 03:58:04 pm »
Too newmy old friend, no thanks. Newmy old friends = horrible admins (example: Erzengel). In couple years from now, why not.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 04:10:05 pm »
+4
... I do on the other hand. I'm playing every day at least 2-3 hours sometimes for 5-8. I never break the rules. Ever. I'm very responsible and would judge fairly. Everyone who breaks the rules must be banned after being warned. The only exception is Hobo clan also Krems, my friends from other clans/without clan and all friends of my friends. Please think about my application and inform when you accept me as new game admin.

ps Will play once a week after becoming one. Tradition must be respected.

Only if you stop throwing lances.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

pogosan

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 04:12:37 pm »
+1

Offline zDevilBox

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: zDevilBox
  • IRC nick: zDevilBox
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 05:02:25 pm »
+6
Too newmy old friend, no thanks. Newmy old friends = horrible admins (example: Erzengel). In couple years from now, why not.
Maybe he registered later? like me.
The winner of the Official cRPG 5v5 EU Tournament I

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 05:23:15 pm »
+3
... I do on the other hand. I'm playing every day at least 2-3 hours sometimes for 5-8. I never break the rules. Ever. I'm very responsible and would judge fairly. Everyone who breaks the rules must be banned after being warned. The only exception is Hobo clan also Krems, my friends from other clans/without clan and all friends of my friends. Please think about my application and inform when you accept me as new game admin.

ps Will play once a week after becoming one. Tradition must be respected.
This is what fin probably said before he got admin and look at that mess. You need to prove yourself.

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 05:48:57 pm »
+2

Erzengal new? What are you talking about he's been here since 2011 from his profile.
"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

pogosan

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 06:24:56 pm »

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 07:01:36 pm »
+1
Erzengal new? What are you talking about he's been here since 2011 from his profile.

Date Registered:     04-11-2011, 11:37:27

Pff, ofc he's a newmy old friend.

Offline Austrian

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1117
  • Infamy: 126
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Bro's are Bro's, forever.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Brotherhood
  • Game nicks: Austriano, Faust, Nestea
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 07:25:29 pm »
+5
Make me admin!  :rolleyes:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2797
  • Infamy: 1966
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 07:29:23 pm »

Erzengel has been promoted to admin position few months after he started playing the game. Which wasn't the case before, admins were usually veterans (real veterans, who played since the very start). Erzengel stopped playing awhile ago. He has less than half the mileage with this mod than the likes of Oberyn, Pepe, Gravoth etc.

Erzengel banned me because he had no clue who I was, because I took six months break when he started playing. If he knew, he wouldn't believe a word Xynox said. But in the end even Xynox became admin, which is of course, fault of Fips.

In the ancient times admins were handpicked by chadz. Then cmp started working with chadz and they started voting process where community picked their favorites but in the end devs made their choice.

When Melee was announced, actually six to nine months before that, chadz completely lost interest in playing cRPG which was the main reason why he created the mod. At that time HRE server was popular DTV heaven and Fips hand picked admins there but they were only admins on that servers. Just like SeaRiders were admins on SeaRider server. HRE server used to have only HRE members as admins and among them were many fat, angry german teenagers (at that time no older than 16). Because of that Fips gave admin powers to regular players on that server, he personally liked (Patoson, Uther). Later, after M:BG early crowdfunding, Fips and his clan being major stakeholders in the project got the special role alongside the biggest single M:BG stakeholder to do the work chadz, cmp, harald, espu and meow used to do. That would be managing this community. That is the story how former HRE DTV admins became EU admins.

Connection between admin position and real money involved is ever present in online communities and this one isn't exception. Before M:BG one dude donated 500 euros to server running cost and was appointed as admin. Problem was, he was a troll like me and used to have fun with at that time much bigger community. chadz was forced to revoke his admin rights under pressure and legend says, chadz was hella mad that time. Not as mad when Panos wrote on taleworlds forum that chadz is selling loompoints for real cash. Not even mad like he was when meow betrayed my trust and said chadz that he knows something he felt he's entitled to know but didn't (and I knew, which made many people angry because they think they are of higher value like le frog Oberyn), despite the fact history shown us that he has no place in development of M:BG whatsoever just like most of us players. Paul was also super mad about it and still is very butthurt and it shows.

tl;dr Want to be cRPG admin? Find a way to contribute, don't ask on forums. Or make someone in the chain of command vouch for you.

But keep in mind, you will be admin of tiny community and that isn't worth the time spent. Being admin in 2010-2013 meant something. Now it is silly title if that is what you are after.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 07:32:53 pm by Leshma »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 07:32:41 pm »
+2
tl;dr

tl;dr Want to be cRPG admin? Find a way to contribute, don't ask on forums. Or make someone in the chain of command vouch for you.

But keep in mind, you will be admin of tiny community and that isn't worth the time spent. Being admin in 2010-2013 meant something. Now it is silly title if that is what you are after.

Leshma for admin! Personally not after the title, just power to stop what i consider wrong. Also im not trying to get admin because i want to be admin, but because i want some rule enforcing on the servers, which never really was there but also wasnt needed untill recently. And when none else is doing anything i guess ill have to :/
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 07:38:38 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 558
  • Infamy: 2293
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 07:38:02 pm »
+1
I had over 200 downvotes back in 2012 when we posted our applications for admin position. That means entire current cRPG is against that idea, 100% of them.

Was a great choice for admin then because I was ever present entity on most servers and played like 12-14 hour a day give or take. Right now I play a lot less, not enough by my own standards to be decent admin.

It has to be someone active and semi reasonable (also willing to do some job unlike the likes of Fin and most active Vanguards who don't even flinch at obvious teamkill). Tamra was fine choice but she's DTV admin and Patoson is already well covering that area.

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2015, 12:08:32 am »
+1
gravoth for president