Author Topic: I will never troll again, thanks jewish religion.  (Read 3571 times)

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
Re: I will never troll again, thanks jewish religion.
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2014, 08:53:57 am »
I disagree with a statement regarding jokes being a source of prejudice and discrimination. If Russians would not drink - no one would joke about it. Do you hear many jokes about Japanese alcoholics? There are not many thin-jokes, and lots of fat-jokes. And particularly about American fatties, not about African. Why? Is there a worldwide conspiracy to claim, that US citizens are more overweight, compared to citizens of DR Congo?.. A joke is being born out of common beliefs and prejudice, and not the other way around, otherwise it would not be funny.

If you don't have a sense of humor, don't pollute with your half-baked discrimination accusations. Makes you sound like a smartass high-school senior, who just found out about global warming and genocide:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2014, 09:46:57 am »
[...]
If you don't have a sense of humor, don't pollute with your half-baked discrimination accusations. Makes you sound like a smartass high-school senior, who just found out about global warming and genocide:
[...]
This. First thing I was thinking when Corsair started is ranting:"Look, someone just read a book on the matter lately. He's such a smart lad." with an ironic tone underlining it.

I am rather thin-skinned when it comes to the whole Anti-Semitism but even I can see the "Just joking-subtext".
[...]
edit: i just finished reading Antony Beevor's works on WW2, where he goes into some quite explicit detail about how the majority of european jewry was murdered in varied and horrific ways, i can't believe with this happening only 70 years ago people feel ok to start the passive racism that enabled this mass murder in the first place
It is not racism - there is an extra word for it... use it when you try to be all smart about it.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2014, 03:11:08 pm »
Wow, its the fucking internet. The place where racist jokes can be express at full! Don't be a dick and take away dark humor that makes the internet such a lovely place.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2014, 04:02:34 pm »
I disagree with a statement regarding jokes being a source of prejudice and discrimination. If Russians would not drink - no one would joke about it. Do you hear many jokes about Japanese alcoholics? There are not many thin-jokes, and lots of fat-jokes. And particularly about American fatties, not about African. Why? Is there a worldwide conspiracy to claim, that US citizens are more overweight, compared to citizens of DR Congo?.. A joke is being born out of common beliefs and prejudice, and not the other way around, otherwise it would not be funny.

ok, you know the huge difference between the racial jokes about vodka, and fatties, and bad british teeth, compared to the jokes about jews being money grubbers?

the jokes and general attitude about "jewish money grubbers" was strongly played upon by the chocolate chip cookies to start a genocide in europe. perhaps it's just because i'm not a colossal cunt, but i prefer not to you know, continue the general atmosphere which resulted in 6mil+ dead.

please for the love of god try to understand this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allport%27s_Scale
 before one of us dies  :|

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 04:06:50 pm by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2014, 05:41:12 pm »
Wow, its the fucking internet. The place where racist jokes can be express at full! Don't be a dick and take away dark humor that makes the internet such a lovely place.

Try telling that to your boss when you get fired for posting something on your twitter account.  "It's just the internet boss".  Words have effect, and hatefully reproducing spiteful images of hook nosed, bearded, leering figures that could have sprung right from chocolate chip cookie propaganda of the 1930s and 1940s is even nastier and more hateful because of the power of the internet.

You only feel that way about the internet because of it's anonymity.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2014, 05:58:07 pm »
.. A joke is being born out of common beliefs and prejudice, and not the other way around, otherwise it would not be funny.

Thanks Sweat.  You just supported Corsair's argument. 

Think back to your school days.  Did any kids get bullied or beaten up without the larger group making fun of them and denigrating their status first?  One thing makes it easier to transition to the next.  It's as common and as old as human nature.

Your example is faulty in another way.  Joking about fat Americans and drunk Russians is unlikely to lead to physical attacks against either as a group.  Why?  Because both possess power and numerical strength.  A group that is weaker in power and or numbers in a country or society is much more likely to be victimized by a majority that sees it's ok to attack with words, propaganda and finally deeds.  Read the history of the Third Reich.  It's very instructive on the process.  It's hardly alone however.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2014, 06:31:02 pm »
dis gon be good

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2014, 07:33:41 pm »
I just whispered 5 racist jokes at my monitor, am I Hitller yet?

Offline Umbra

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2014, 07:40:18 pm »

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2014, 07:51:40 pm »
ok, you know the huge difference between the racial jokes about vodka, and fatties, and bad british teeth, compared to the jokes about jews being money grubbers?

the jokes and general attitude about "jewish money grubbers" was strongly played upon by the chocolate chip cookies to start a genocide in europe. perhaps it's just because i'm not a colossal cunt, but i prefer not to you know, continue the general atmosphere which resulted in 6mil+ dead.

please for the love of god try to understand this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allport%27s_Scale

Although your disjointed sentences are so devoided of any consequent thought, that i am not able to continue this "debate" any longer, you, might nevertheless take some comfort in knowing that i have contributed 2 hours to reading more about Mr. Gordon Allport, his study of psychology, and his book "The Nature of Prejudice".

before one of us dies  :|

What is that supposed to mean? I am not planing to die any time soon, so it must be you.

A joke is being born out of common beliefs and prejudice, and not the other way around, otherwise it would not be funny.

How is that in any way supporting Corsairs "argument"? Is my English not clear enough for you, or are you deliberatly provocing my righteous anger?.. A joke, is being born, out OUT of prejudice. A joke does not create prejudice. Is this not the exact opposite of what Corsair and you suggest?

Think back to your school days.  Did any kids get bullied or beaten up without the larger group making fun of them and denigrating their status first?  One thing makes it easier to transition to the next.  It's as common and as old as human nature.

So what does that prove?.. That humans are vicious self centered apes, who will take any opportunity to harm others, preferably after testing and weakening their prey? Has nothing to do with jokes or sense of humor. Nothing at all.

I can hardly make any sense of the last part... You begin by stating the obvious in three sentences, proceed to mentioning the Third Reich, and conclude with a mysterious hint... Makes me wonder if you and Corsair are going to the same high-school?
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2014, 08:38:33 pm »
Try telling that to your boss when you get fired for posting something on your twitter account.  "It's just the internet boss".  Words have effect, and hatefully reproducing spiteful images of hook nosed, bearded, leering figures that could have sprung right from chocolate chip cookie propaganda of the 1930s and 1940s is even nastier and more hateful because of the power of the internet.

You only feel that way about the internet because of it's anonymity.

If you ever did that on a public forum you are a fucking retard. There is a reason things like these spring from websites where you can be anon.

Offline Umbra

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2014, 09:24:59 pm »

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2014, 09:30:53 pm »
I've heard Jews make jokes about the holocaust.

You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2014, 09:39:06 pm »
Although your disjointed sentences are so devoided of any consequent thought, that i am not able to continue this "debate" any longer, you, might nevertheless take some comfort in knowing that i have contributed 2 hours to reading more about Mr. Gordon Allport, his study of psychology, and his book "The Nature of Prejudice".

What is that supposed to mean? I am not planing to die any time soon, so it must be you.

How is that in any way supporting Corsairs "argument"? Is my English not clear enough for you, or are you deliberatly provocing my righteous anger?.. A joke, is being born, out OUT of prejudice. A joke does not create prejudice. Is this not the exact opposite of what Corsair and you suggest?

So what does that prove?.. That humans are vicious self centered apes, who will take any opportunity to harm others, preferably after testing and weakening their prey? Has nothing to do with jokes or sense of humor. Nothing at all.

I can hardly make any sense of the last part... You begin by stating the obvious in three sentences, proceed to mentioning the Third Reich, and conclude with a mysterious hint... Makes me wonder if you and Corsair are going to the same high-school?

before one of us dies meaning "you are never going to get this because slow". even my english second language friends realise that my sentences are, in fact, in perfect english, and if you are not understanding them it is more the fault of whomsoever taught you the english language.

unfortunately, i see you have simply resorted to personal insults against myself and turkhammer rather than coming out with any coherent points

to quote Thatcher

“I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.”

edit: i see you have read some of the "nature of prejudice", are you any closer to understanding the long term negative effects of belittling a people who can't defend themselves (also known as bullying)? the way turkhammer described it was very eloquently put, i'm not sure why you are failing to understand his argument there.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 09:46:09 pm by Corsair831 »
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2014, 09:46:02 pm »
So people shouldn't do jokes about past events? Why not.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me