Author Topic: Hack abooze  (Read 81703 times)

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Hack abooze
« Reply #360 on: May 30, 2011, 12:55:30 am »
I used a blockhack on CRPG because everyone else uses it half the time the guys who run around naked blocking just about everyone and can't even feint worth a damn, maybe if you actually blocked the use of the hack people wouldn't need to use it instead of this pathetic mass ban.

"I did it because other people were doing it, too." All of forty people in the whole cRPG player base. This is the best excuse you can come up with to justify your use of the hack, and you're calling chadz pathetic for taking action against cheaters? You're a real character. :lol:
Don't.

Offline Carilus

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 30, 2011, 03:01:23 am »
I saw M&B website and it is 1,301 PHP When you're buying it v.i.a. Bank Card. Perhaps I might be lucky and persuade my father... :> *Smug*

Offline roymorrison

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO CLAN AMBASSADOR
  • Game nicks: roymorrison
« Reply #362 on: May 30, 2011, 02:59:09 pm »
So you used a public key, and you're claiming someone else used the same key, downloaded CRPG, typed in your EXACT name and impersonated you, randomly?  I'm no detective but I'm pretty sure that's not what happened. 

Also, you should try getting a job.
THE 99% WILL LOOK UP AND SAY "FEED ME"

AND I WILL SHIT DOWN THEIR THROATS.

Offline Carilus

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 30, 2011, 03:03:58 pm »
Well all I can think of is Someone used a same name as me but instead of OotL as the tag he used OotI or Ootl which describes the small letter l in the picture. We use OotL not OotI or Ootl. Clearly, someone made a new character or something then used it to get me banned. Probably someone who used the same cd key and figured out I'm the only one playing most of the time since I'm the only one with a clan tag on it and got me banned and reset to level 1 in hopes of me quitting and him replacing the time I was about to use to level up my character. Sadly, In getting a job. I'm still in 2nd year college. Seriously lol. I can buy the game. The only problem is they don't sell the game here in Philippines and I don't have a card. I can only get a card here when I'm 21 or 22 or so. :D

Offline Wrenaq_Lars

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MonkeyBlade
« Reply #364 on: May 30, 2011, 03:15:12 pm »
Well all I can think of is Someone used a same name as me but instead of OotL as the tag he used OotI or Ootl which describes the small letter l in the picture. We use OotL not OotI or Ootl. Clearly, someone made a new character or something then used it to get me banned. Probably someone who used the same cd key and figured out I'm the only one playing most of the time since I'm the only one with a clan tag on it and got me banned and reset to level 1 in hopes of me quitting and him replacing the time I was about to use to level up my character. Sadly, In getting a job. I'm still in 2nd year college. Seriously lol. I can buy the game. The only problem is they don't sell the game here in Philippines and I don't have a card. I can only get a card here when I'm 21 or 22 or so. :D
Wow they went thru a lot of trouble didnt they lol

Offline Carilus

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 30, 2011, 03:32:43 pm »
Wow they went thru a lot of trouble didnt they lol

Aye. :( It seems fairly wrong to ban a player who played fairly. Well, despite using a public key.

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #366 on: May 30, 2011, 03:35:03 pm »
you weren't banned, someone logged into your account by creating an alt and deleted you.

Offline Carilus

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 30, 2011, 03:41:30 pm »
:O? Is there any way to get it back? I'd be very grateful if there is/was.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 30, 2011, 03:43:11 pm »
Not really. The key will of course have to remain banned on servers, since there's hardly any sense in unbanning a shared key that can be abused by anybody.

Well all I can think of is Someone used a same name as me but instead of OotL as the tag he used OotI or Ootl which describes the small letter l in the picture. We use OotL not OotI or Ootl.

There was no OotI tagged guy, and your key was the one banned, which means if it was another guy, he used your account and your key. The different capitalization would be caused by him typing it that way while making the in-game profile necessary to do so.

So you used a public key, and you're claiming someone else used the same key, downloaded CRPG, typed in your EXACT name and impersonated you, randomly?  I'm no detective but I'm pretty sure that's not what happened. 

It's not so strange as all that. Anyone using the key would only have to create a new character for it, and he'd immediately have access to all existing ones from the dropdown menu. Then all he'd have to do is create a new in-game profile matching one of them and go wild.

Moral of the story: don't use shared keys.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 04:01:05 pm by okiN »
Don't.

Offline Varric

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
  • Lord of the Sun
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangians
« Reply #369 on: May 30, 2011, 04:04:21 pm »
I'm pretty sure that's illegal, too.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 30, 2011, 04:05:08 pm »
That goes without saying. No harm in having a practical deterrent, though. :P
Don't.

Offline Carilus

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 30, 2011, 06:10:20 pm »
How do you set your Character back as main? I've scrolled through the list of the players who played on the same key. I deleted the guy who set his char as his main. He's probably the culprit (Assuming his char had the role of main character). :D Now... How to set it back to main character? :)

Offline okiN

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 30, 2011, 06:50:40 pm »
You can only set new characters at main, but I really don't understand why you're even thinking of trying to salvage this key when it's obviously impossible. It's banned, just get a new one and move on already.
Don't.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #373 on: May 30, 2011, 08:48:00 pm »
This is so hilarious!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #374 on: May 30, 2011, 09:41:58 pm »
I never use these (obviously cos I'm pretty crap), I know brilliant players on native who never use, just cos someone is better than you do not assume they are cheating.

Anyone using hacks is a very sad twat and deserves permanent ban along with name and shame.

And thanks for wasting my fucking time fighting them.