Author Topic: Equipment bans.  (Read 2044 times)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: Equipment bans.
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2019, 02:42:50 am »
+1
Threshold of population where ranged and horses are banned are decided by server owners separately by setting max server population (10% of it). Since it's both 160 on NA and EU, threshold is 16. If server owners want to make it lower - they can just lower the max player slots.
so when the message comes up ranged and cavr are now back to allowed why do cav get their horses back w/o having to relog but on my dagger thrower at cav char I have to relog losing my multiplier to get my daggers back?
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2019, 03:07:59 am »
so when the message comes up ranged and cavr are now back to allowed why do cav get their horses back w/o having to relog but on my dagger thrower at cav char I have to relog losing my multiplier to get my daggers back?

for some reason the horses are still an option to spawn with from your inventory even if you can't whereas any type of ranged is removed from your inventory
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2019, 06:01:47 pm »

Warband engine  :lol: You don't have to relog, just wait for the end of the map.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2019, 08:22:07 pm »
Warband engine  :lol: You don't have to relog, just wait for the end of the map.
Still dont get why cav doesnt have to wait til the end of the map then as well. And sometimes by the end of the map its back off again. The only reason I specced back into throwing daggers is cav as thats the only thing they are good for.
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2019, 08:29:22 pm »
So instead of lowering server slots to change the threshold,  why not just play around with the percentage? Or is 10% a constant that can't be changed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Finse

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Finse, Hated
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2019, 08:30:42 pm »
Well, the percentage is 10% and lowering the servers total amount of players wont really do much considering it never reaches full server, so all in all easy to reduce the limit if the players in the server wants it

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2019, 08:42:24 pm »
I doubt cRPG is going to get 100 ppl on a server again let alone 160 so I dont see why people would care if it was lowered.
PENDULUM

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2019, 08:51:51 pm »
So instead of lowering server slots to change the threshold,  why not just play around with the percentage? Or is 10% a constant that can't be changed.

Because it's easy to calculate first of all.

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2019, 09:08:21 pm »
Because it's easy to calculate first of all.

Anything is easy to calculate when you use a calculator though. So, there's that bit.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline _Kurak_

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2019, 11:09:08 pm »
глупо что-то запрещать, когда на серверах с трудом 3 калеки собирается