Author Topic: Siege: Chalice of the Desert FINAL VERSION RELEASED  (Read 3172 times)

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
Re: Siege: Chalice of the Desert FINAL VERSION RELEASED
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 11:49:28 pm »
Ah, so you did try it? Cool. So more ways to attack you say? I can make that happen. Moving the tower closer might be a good idea aswell.

Off the top of my head Im thinking some ladders would be apparently a good idea? I believe I can make a backdoor entrance aswell.

Cheers, Ill shoot you a PM once I have an updated version. Thanks for trying it :wink:

No problem.

The seige tower is to far away and there was no other way up. 2 ladders and the tower closer would be awesome tbh.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2011, 11:55:14 pm »
anyone thats decent with ladders can get over that wall, its not hard to do.  1 ladder halfway up wall to the part that juts out, then another to get over the wall

but I agree, shouldnt take siege tower 1 minute.  attackers should within 10 second walk of walls

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2011, 11:58:26 pm »
1 ladder halfway up wall to the part that juts out, then another to get over the wall

public arnt the brightest so using there own ladders when first spawning in isnt going to happen.

Start of the map for us and 10 people stuck outside until the tower which took about 1:30 to get there...

Offline Comrade_Temuzu

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 11:33:29 am »
Alright, Ill move the siegetower about 50% closer, but I reckon I need to make it look good, so I will move the encampment closer aswell. Shouldnt be a problem, this way the attackers can attack the defenders even faster, which infact may generate a new problem, defenders not getting into position fast enough, the attackers can just raise the ladders as soon as they spawn which means they can assault and overtake the walls before the defenders even get over the bridge.

Interesting, I will look into this once I get home, Im thinking of maybe making a barracks or something near the walls, where a part of the defenders can spawn, but then the defenders could spawn behind the attackers, which Ive found isnt much fun. Other way is to move the attackers to all spawn in the encampment, but that means they need to walk for a longer path.

Two ladders sounds about right, on both sides of the gatehouse, to be raised on the towers, as the walls are "spiked", preventing ladders to be used. I will probably add another way in the castle, using a backdoor on the left side of the wall (From attackers POV), which leads into the town itself, and from which the attackers may proceed to the walls, marketplace and bridge.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 11:37:42 am by Comrade_Temuzu »

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 10:33:49 pm »
no reason for 2 map ladders when there is a siege tower.  this is why several of the other maps are unbalanced, theres too many entry points for defenders to have a chance in hell

Offline Comrade_Temuzu

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 10:36:56 pm »
Ive added two ladders, and a backdoor, but the defenders can simply abandon the walls and defend the bridge.

It needs to be gametested, Ill upload the new version tomorrow.