Author Topic: Remove Polearm Right Swing  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2911
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Remove Polearm Right Swing
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 02:37:57 pm »
Don't forget that 1h also has nearly no turnrate penalties.

Turn rate penalty is calculated based on length of a wepon, if I'm not mistaken. Think there are different values for every class, just like different length of every class doesn't  affect your athletics in the same way. For example, you'll feel less penalty on your acceleration with Spear if you're polearmer than you would with Arabian Cav Sword as 1H. And Spear is obviously longer.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 633
  • Infamy: 2846
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 02:40:21 pm »
It's nothing about nerfing or buffing any attack. It's about changing a goofy-looking animation.

If that's the case, please don't touch it. The most goofy looking animations are in fact those that were touched by cRPG developers. And new 2H stab is the pinnacle of their work. If you think that current right pole swing animation is bad, wait and see what they can cook up and you'll change your opinion in no time.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 03:08:14 pm »
+1
...No, no it doesn't. If you want to hit someone in the head you need to aim at their right shoulder, or slighty to the left of their head, from your perspective. This is why landing overheads with really long polearms can prove difficult until you get used to it. The 2handed overhead isn't perfectly vertical, however it's a lot closer to the 1handed (which is pretty much vertical) overhead than it is the pole.
I guess you are talking about the borked hit detection, while I am talking about the visual animation and placing that where you want it. The speed-up of the polearm overhead was when the bullshit started with the hit detection, before that the overhead was a tool of surgical precision, very easy to line-up. Would be pretty sweet if that got fixed somehow.

What is wrong with how the right-swing looks? I absolutely have no idea what you are on about.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2015, 03:39:35 pm »
Like teeth said, ive never even thought about the looks of the swing, it looks completely fine to me.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Akavirius

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Republic of Wercheg
  • Game nicks: Tanit, Darth_Beggar, Matilda, HibouHibou, Ishak, Ritter_Dora, Shrek_is_Love xXx_420N0Sc0P3_xXx
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2015, 03:50:04 pm »
What is wrong with how the right-swing looks? I absolutely have no idea what you are on about.

The arms cross when arming the right swing. In the same way it does with the 2h stab. Crossed arms stances are highly unstable and weak (and look ridiculous because of that).

From a gameplay point of view it isn't really a big problem though, but from a realism point of view it's ridiculous.
I'll try to do a quick drawing to show what I mean.

On a side note, this is what the 2handed thrust stance should be
(click to show/hide)
Tanit Aeronautics - The Kerbal Space Program where we send probes before Kerbals, except for those test pilots that died. Rest In Pepperoni