Author Topic: The Worth of a Player  (Read 12914 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: The Worth of a Player
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2012, 07:01:09 pm »
You are useless.  :mrgreen:

Try spectating Gnjus to see how to properly play with that build and not to get shot to peaces of ganked all the time.
I'll describe it.You stand in any building, preferably with only one way in and wait till the enemies show up. If they are not coming, wait some more. If its the last minute and no one has showed up, you get out, meet the first enemy, fail a few blocks and die. Then you spend your time while death convincing players to camp the building you were in last round.

Now instead of being a lame camper, you are a general with great 'tactics'. Because there is ten of you in the building now, they will have to come look for you. Now you crushthrough on everyone trying to enter and attain good scores without being ganked and shot to pieces. Now Corwin considers you a good player. Yay!

Oh and ontopic: Maybe you should add something along the lines of helping a piker out by using overheads or sideswings. Always great when you are using a pike and an enemy is just holding downblock. Then your teammate with a Danish comes to help you and proceeds to stab at the enemy. :rolleyes: If properly done, helping a piker out by trying to synchronise your other attacks with his stabs can quickly decimate a whole lot of enemies and grant both of you awesome scores.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 07:04:28 pm by SgtTeeh »

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2012, 10:07:16 pm »
I'll describe it.You stand in any building, preferably with only one way in and wait till the enemies show up. If they are not coming, wait some more. If its the last minute and no one has showed up, you get out, meet the first enemy, fail a few blocks and die. Then you spend your time while death convincing players to camp the building you were in last round.

Now instead of being a lame camper, you are a general with great 'tactics'. Because there is ten of you in the building now, they will have to come look for you. Now you crushthrough on everyone trying to enter and attain good scores without being ganked and shot to pieces. Now Corwin considers you a good player. Yay!

lol

I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2012, 12:30:25 pm »
@SgtTeeh
included the adjusting of attack directions dependent on teammates

included shouts and warnings as information for the team and their ongoing status within the fight and dangers to look out for.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline HUtH

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2012, 02:44:37 pm »
+2
Kinngrimm the Necromancer
Sorry
for
my
terrible
English

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2012, 03:38:19 pm »
+1
Kinngrimm the Necromancer
ever played Warlords Battlecry? i had a lvl 45 Necromancer, so yeah =)

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2012, 04:12:53 pm »
What I value in other players:

1. Being a good fighter simply by being good at attacking/blocking no matter which weapon/shield without having to use glitches/animation failures
2. Teamplayers

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • Renown: 586
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Duke
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2012, 08:19:30 pm »
Well, even though I mostly suck at cRPG, I try to be an honourable player. When fighting 1 on 1, I try not to kick at all, as It'd be a dirty trick to perform. Everytime I killed an opponent I used to do an upper block in sign of respect. Nowadays, I just do it automatically.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2012, 01:58:09 pm »
Well, even though I mostly suck at cRPG, I try to be an honourable player. When fighting 1 on 1, I try not to kick at all, as It'd be a dirty trick to perform. Everytime I killed an opponent I used to do an upper block in sign of respect. Nowadays, I just do it automatically.
I haven't seen that behaviour lately that often, a year and longer ago, i have seen that frequently, that if you meet someone on the field you would salute him and then you would fight, other people then even would stay out of this and either waiting their term or looking for another opponent to fight against. That happened mostly on smaller servers of about 20-30 people, which was in the time between 2 o'clock and 8 o'clock in the morning when most of the players new each others fighting styles anyways. I do use the upper block in my case holding my shield upwards to greet people , to see if they would follow me onto the flanks and as a sign of respect to opponents i just killed. As for the duel situation, on battle servers you can't expect people to stay out of it, but sometimes there is a silent understanding and noone engages in these duels, those are nearly sacret moments, they are rare and they are beautyfull. People just watching in exitment 2 opponents and willingly jeapordising their unholy Multiplier.
The grind mentality is deep in us, i know it from myself, but if i see that there is already one bystander at a fight not engaging for no obvious reason i also just watch and see what happens or carry on to find another target, overall the game is about getting into a fight not only watching :) then i could just download some youtube videos of crpg and eat some popcorn.

The kickslashin may seem dirty, but it is a game mechanic so anyone is allowed to use it. My beef with it is only that a) the shorter the weapon the less chance you have to not get target in that way, as you need to follow to get into weapons reach and as you are in the need to follow the wise opponent can lay a charm of movement pattern onto you which then automaticly brings you into the situation where you get kicked. b) the "2h/pole kick miss imba still able to block"-combo(repeat anyways till kick hits)

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2012, 09:58:15 am »
+1
Edited the warnings:
Siege specif warning, even if you get overun at flag and have 30 sec respawn, type in FLAG anyways, others of your team may respawn seconds later and are able to repeat the warning.

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2012, 10:43:19 am »
•-k/d Alas, you killed one for your teammates who was trying to steal your frag (see below). That is too bad because you were not in need of help for this one.
•0/0 leeching peacefully behind the barn
•0/d someone found you behind the barn.
•k/d where k<d you have encountered a clan, they ganged up at 5 against you in what they consider a fair fight. Welcome to the Valhalla.
•k/d where k=d you had the luck to meet some challenges, maybe a fair 1-to-1 duel and had a chance to shine.
•k/d where k>d you know what is useless and what is worthwhile in the equipment list.
•k/d where k>2*d you know how to wait for the last minute of the round to finish the wounded off. Your team might lose but who cares? Frags only matter when it comes to gain renown.
•k/d where k>3*d you master the art of stealing frags from your teammates. Your longer weaponry and you ability to attack engaged fighters ensure you the top of the scoreboard. Beware: your eagerness might make you killed by the teammate you are trying to rob (see above):
•k/d where k>4(+)*d you have searched and discovered the flaws of the mechanics of the game (armored horse archer pre-patch; PS 11 + barmace; Riding 10 + heirloomed sarranid horse, etc.). The game has probably lost its flavour but nothing is too expensive to grow your e-peen.

:wink:
Very nice.. If I could +5 for it

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2012, 12:45:19 pm »
the K/d thingy i want to expand by the new damage whatever there is in included thingy ... any suggestions?

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2014, 01:25:57 pm »
With the latest post about numbers of players declining and there being mentioend several times that our community often treats new players badly, by that i also would define a worth of a player if he is treating new players well. Added at the end refering to that.

Also some of these things posted mabe out of date, if i get to it i will overhaul my first post.