Author Topic: The Worth of a Player  (Read 12913 times)

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
Re: The Worth of a Player
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2012, 09:53:19 am »
@corwin
this thread should be for new players who need our help or for those still want to learn more, please keep the trolling down  :wink:

My advice to spectate Gnjus in order to learn how to play full STR build was not trolling, but a useful advice. Because he is one of those that play with that build and has over 4:1 ration.
And if he wants it summed up, the point is to avoid open spaces and spaces where you can get shot or where you can get ganked. Hide behind the wall, behind a corner, in some bushes, in some tower, there's a proper place on almost every map. The only problem with this build is that it requires PATIENCE to be successful, which is why I could never make myself play with it, being one of the most impatient persons in game.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2012, 10:12:04 am »
My advice to spectate Gnjus in order to learn how to play full STR build was not trolling, but a useful advice. Because he is one of those that play with that build and has over 4:1 ration.
And if he wants it summed up, the point is to avoid open spaces and spaces where you can get shot or where you can get ganked. Hide behind the wall, behind a corner, in some bushes, in some tower, there's a proper place on almost every map. The only problem with this build is that it requires PATIENCE to be successful, which is why I could never make myself play with it, being one of the most impatient persons in game.
thanks for clarifying, implied information is a tough cooky for new guys who don't know ... f.e. Gnjus or are on NA Servers, also with starting an advice with "You are useless"(even with a neat emote) does not quite ensure the focus on the name of one player afterwards.

Gnjus is atm str build with heavy armor and 2h/great maul. One of his favorite tactics is to stay at a corner or after the entrance of a building, preferably with others who can secure him from getting outspamed, preferred in narrow locations so that mobility is restricted and you can't get away easily from his chrushtrough weapon. Counters: Don't go there. If you go there, try to get some of his friends between him and yourself and watch him kill his own team ;) (doesn't happen often but if so it is a great laugh), Always be prepared that at some point he comes out anyways and then kills those who got bored waiting and not paying attention anymore.
[EDIT: i don't like camping, never did, i remember my first barn camp, suggested by Gnjus at that time. It was once a success, but it is mostly only every 4-5th time a success, in the other cases it is a clusterfuck.
My opinion, moving targets are always superior to stationary targets.
But then you may have more maulers in your team, and having 2-3 at an entrance of an building is devastating, still don't go there!!!]
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 10:19:29 am by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2012, 10:50:50 am »
you come to support another player who is in trouble - if it happens regulary with the same, he will know and sometimes thank you for it or at least gives you a sign of aknowledgement like an upper block or rising his shield.

If most people actually would be a support ;)
Most of them stop my swings and try to steal the kill.
I die more often because of people helping me then i survive because of them.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2012, 03:48:18 pm »
If most people actually would be a support ;)
Most of them stop my swings and try to steal the kill.
I die more often because of people helping me then i survive because of them.
in pub battles/sieges, i think it is not so much people don't want to support, but they aren't used to the specifics of players a) roles b) reactions. b) you most efficently can train in clans a) only through experience and staying put to what is happening around you

And making a score most want, doing it in a fashion not hitting your own or getting slaughtered in the process ... thats the art we need to learn. At times i am so full of rage  :twisted: mostly because when i did stupid things which resulted in my death but also when you face unavoidable deaths, shot to pieces, lanced from more cavalaries then you have fingers, 2-3 chrushtrough dudes waiting at the stairs on siege or in a ruin on battle and ofcourse, you did everything correct, played to the best of your abilities, and get thed/tked ... sigh
overall great training for staying calm at all times ^^
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:49:58 pm by kinngrimm »

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2012, 07:07:21 pm »
Kingrim you have played with me , i remember the 2 of us guarding an alley on a city map .
You had a bamboo spear i was using my danish together we slaughtered like 9 players:D
Also i know Gnjus , and i generaly also get 4:1 kdr every map en round so why would i need to spec him:D
And my gear is mw bamboo , with a morningstar :D
But i play eu4 mostly so if you want to see me play join there.
My new tactic is to seek out an polearm player i know , Blackpoint , Thovex etc and drop him my mw bamboo and use my morningstar then next round he spawns with he bamboo and il spawn with my great maul!
13 ps and a greatmaul fuckssss up people :D

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2012, 07:20:50 pm »
  • using PAN/Armor View while going in one direction, letting the enemy think you are unaware and turning around in last second to stab them, stop the horse and similar things.

I played this game for 1,5 years (1 year SP and 0,5 year MP) before I discovered you can look around.
I actually thought those 2H players making a 180 and stabbing my horse just had good hearing... :)

Using this functionality will make you a lot better, even on horseback.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2012, 08:20:28 pm »
I always tend to miss the timing versus coursers though, thoses things are so fast...
As for arabian's, i don't bother anymore, they can stop nearly instantly, so it's very risky to hurt the horse of an experienced cav player, even by feinting afk at spawn.

But it's sure fun when it works.^^
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2012, 08:27:49 pm »
Playing ´´death´´ at spawn will get you killed , even with bamboo because there wont only come one cav player there will come alot so they will just gank you as cav.

Offline Jacko

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fffnanguard!
  • Game nicks: Jacko
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2012, 08:31:55 pm »
Some thoughts on ranged worth.

I love skirmishing. Dictating when to attack, sneaking around killing off unaware targets, killing their ranged. It takes patience, especially if you know you have others like yourself against you. Know your class, know your own weaknesses and capitalize on your strengths. Skirmishing is a pretty solo activity, but pulled off correctly it will wreck the other team.

Now, being in the fray might be just as effective, clearing out close by infantry and forcing cav away, but you lose the initiative, because you have to follow your own infantry or get picked off.

Truthfully, I am probably more effective for my team when I stick to the main group, killing cav and archers, but nothing beats a successfull skirmish round. That is worth.
Monkeys!

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2012, 08:50:02 pm »
Also as my personal set of advices.
~ Bring long spear, bamboo spear , any support weapon realy if you can, have you ever seen 7 bamboo spears in one team working together.~ITS AWFULL
~ Know each map , and always try to see the battle from the overal vieuw , what i mean that if 75% of your team goes left and then at the left side of the map you only notice very little enemys you know that there team went right. Sounds stupid but most people seems to fail at that , also know that those small group of enemys you encountered are fucked because you outnumber them big time.
~ Listen to good rock music while fighting : guns n roses , nickelback etc !! very important.
~ As for siege FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST let the fuckin shielders go up the ladders first.
~ As in battle keep an general idea of where your enemy is , and how your team is doing and ESPECCIALY where you're needed.
~Also as corwin stated your battle awereness is important , dont get cav fucked , dont get archer fucked , dont get ganked. A good way to prevent most of this is to stick to the big group of your team and know the position of your enemys aswel.
~ Know yourself , what i mean with that is that if you are an agi build you dont want to be charging in the beggining of the build and risk taking that hit or archer shot. Also if your health is low at the end of the round try to play saver and stick with your team as an agi build. If on higher health you can go solo saver knowing that you can take a hit if needed or an arrow and walk. For strenght builds if the round is coming to an end and you're still on high health try to fight very agresive most of your enemys will have low health and be terrified of you being so agresive.
~ Know your weapon , if the melee battle is clashing and you got an opponent to pick , pick the one that is easily taken out by you so if you are using the maul aim for a piker/hoplite/one hander and leave the katanas en other fast weapons for the teammates at first instance. Then once the battle begins more skirmishy as an agi build try to do like one hit on one enemy then switch your oppenent to someone your aly is fighting or who is reloading or just busy in general.
~ Tell general easy commands , as in cav left , group of pikers at the right and vice versa.

Offline SoA_Sir_ODHarry

• Baron
  • Renown: 134
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ODharry
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2012, 01:10:33 am »
-if u gotta a shield and fight in the BigbBlob protect ur teammates
-if u see/hear cav attacking ur team warn ur teamates per voicecommands and engage the cav no matter what weapon (down block :P) direct the couch in the nothing :)
-if u gotta shield engage ranged aimin for ur mates even if u leave a kill for it
-if many of ur mates attack 1 foe dont try too kill him at all cost too avoid TH n TKs!!!!!
-if u think u gotta good tactic for the battel tell it too ur peopel
-if u recognize that ur team is splitt call for a regroup
-dont be too kill hungry
-know and play the role of ur class in the big blobs
-Avoid THs and SHAME for every1 u could had AVOID
-dont fear THs/TKs too kill a Topscorer if u gotta a Chance for it!!! ;=)
-dont delay the fukin round
-aim for hammers n pikers if u got ranged wep
-dont leave ur Team if u dont know what u do

atleast the community should creat a offical Codex for battelmodez, for evry Class/playstyle
Crob: i'm in duel tryin to not be shit
Crob: now i'm running round eu2 with a dagger

JOIN The Horde NAO
       http://steamcommunity.com/groups/F-POC

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2012, 05:31:53 pm »
timing(the dude is looking into his telescope to target another ranged ... he doesn't see me coming, you see the trap of someone prepared for your team out of another direction ...) ....

This is what I use against you when I'm on horseback. It is just a payback for all the times you've backrubbed me with your pick :D.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline kinngrimm

• King
    • View Profile
Re: The Worth of a Player - added ethic section
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2012, 06:25:55 pm »
added ethic section :)

edited skirmishing as mentioned by Jacko
edited the pan/view slightly to make clear this is not only for long walkways suitable as OdHarry mentioned this cant be said enough how important it is to get your battleawarness up and the best tool is the pan/armor view combined with zoom.

added
suggestion about linebreakers by KaMiKaZe_JoE

@all
i still try to keep this as general as possible, before i started this i wanted to make a shielder guide, but it turned out that most of the stuff i would have to say is suitable for most of the classes. So i will mix in partly class based advices but i prefer general advices who could be taken from everybody.

@Son Of Odin
 :mrgreen:  i know you do, as do some other good cav players, i can tell from how they circle me in medium distance or pretend to attack someone far away only to make a loop and come back for me. And at times i would then be occupied with a fight you have a good chance to strike me down. Not so much if i am only on the move  :wink:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 06:29:15 pm by kinngrimm »

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2012, 06:33:37 pm »
spawning a mw bamboo spear helps your team aswel.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
Re: The Worth of a Player - added ethic section
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2012, 06:55:02 pm »
@Son Of Odin
 :mrgreen:  i know you do, as do some other good cav players, i can tell from how they circle me in medium distance or pretend to attack someone far away only to make a loop and come back for me. And at times i would then be occupied with a fight you have a good chance to strike me down. Not so much if i am only on the move  :wink:

I know you are using pan view all the time when you move, so it would be the most stupid thing to charge you when you have your cavrearing weapon at hand. I just usually wait until you engage into a fight with someone and try to backstab you or just bump (especially if you use that leather jacket... It doesn't take many bumps to kill you then :D).

Once I couched you when you were totally unaware... I think it was that castle ruin place where you were killing our spawncampers... I must ashamedly admit it was delicious kill because you still had your bamboo spear in your hand and I'm sorry if I made you GTX when I wrote "HELLO KINNGRIMM!" in the chat afterwards :D. I just had to do it because it is just so rare occation to surprise you like that.

Oh and thank you. I'm flattered as you imply that I'm a good cav player. You're not too bad shielder yourself :wink:

There is no sight in my third eye