Author Topic: Solid Builds  (Read 277266 times)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: Solid Builds
« Reply #375 on: May 04, 2012, 08:07:07 am »
Could anybody reccomend a good throwing build. Specifically a faster one with at least 6 ath?

I don't care about sacrificing PS or WPS, I just want to be able to run away, throw fast, and be somewhat able to kill things.
That's the 21/21 dedicated thrower build you're looking for.
7 PT
7 athletics
3 WM
alll proficiency in throwing
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Imapanda

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 04, 2012, 08:30:51 am »
That's the 21/21 dedicated thrower build you're looking for.
7 PT
7 athletics
3 WM
alll proficiency in throwing

How many skill-to-attributes in this build?

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #377 on: May 04, 2012, 10:54:03 am »
Doubt that someone can be fast with 3 athletics.
I think he looking for something like 15\24. 5pt\8athletics and 170+ wpf in throwing. Not too much damage, but fast and damn accurate thrower.

You can try this:
Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 15
Agility: 24
Hit points: 50
Skills to attributes: 8
Ironflesh: 0
Power Strike: 2
Shield: 0
Athletics: 8
Riding: 0
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 5
Weapon Master: 8
One Handed: 1
Two Handed: 1
Polearm: 1
Archery: 1
Crossbow: 1
Throwing: 173

Or this ninja build

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 15
Agility: 24
Hit points: 50
Ironflesh: 0
Power Strike: 5
Athletics: 8
Power Throw: 5
Weapon Master: 5
Two Handed: 100
Throwing: 124

Offline bukva2

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 05, 2012, 07:07:33 pm »
I started my 2nd gen char. I want to make a good archer, so im using the fast/light archer build in the OP. So far im lvl 22 with 18str so i can use the top bows. Now i only plan to use remaining points in agi for athletics and WPF, but i wonder if i should use some WPF for a one handed weapon.
Im not that good in long distances so i often fight close to the fighing and tend to get attacked. Im using just a wooden stick to block attacks but i cant do much dmg with it.
Should i get some 1h WPF or not? :)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 06, 2012, 08:55:23 am »
I started my 2nd gen char. I want to make a good archer, so im using the fast/light archer build in the OP. So far im lvl 22 with 18str so i can use the top bows. Now i only plan to use remaining points in agi for athletics and WPF, but i wonder if i should use some WPF for a one handed weapon.
Im not that good in long distances so i often fight close to the fighing and tend to get attacked. Im using just a wooden stick to block attacks but i cant do much dmg with it.
Should i get some 1h WPF or not? :)
No. if you want to use melee, use it with 1 WPF.
1 PF melee isn't that bad tbh. THe issue will be not having PS.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline bukva2

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 06, 2012, 12:30:04 pm »
hm, now i cant decide.
Im using Rus bow atm.
Should i use it with just one stack of arrows +a decent one hander
or
2stacks and a wooden stick :D
or
Use Yumi isteand with 2 stacks and a decent one hander?

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 06, 2012, 01:30:26 pm »
hm, now i cant decide.
Im using Rus bow atm.
Should i use it with just one stack of arrows +a decent one hander
or
2stacks and a wooden stick :D
or
Use Yumi isteand with 2 stacks and a decent one hander?
Don't use the yumi. Saved you that trouble. It's an awful bow.
if you want a 1 slot bow, use the horn bow.

Offline lonesome_killer

• Peasant
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 07, 2012, 11:29:32 pm »
same builds but 2h wpf instead of polearm
Do you mean the 1h/lancer builds in the original post?

Offline Jonte

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • No more arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jonte
« Reply #383 on: May 08, 2012, 12:38:56 am »
Im making a 2nd gen archer soon and gonna try to refine my 1st gen build, i got some questions regarding my melee weapon.

Right now iv been using Iberian mace with some success but i find i get easily outspammed with only 58 1h wpf so im trying to figure out a way to get some more competence in these situations. I was using a shield until i could grab the 2slot rus bow but i had the same issue, easy to block but i couldnt get a shot in between the spammers strikes.

Im thinking of grabbing about 100 wpf in 2h next gen and running with a langes messer or mace, fighting axe as these are all 1 slot 2h, is this a solid offhand chooise or should i stick with just a 1hander?

Im a bit scared that the langes messer will get weaponstunned if i block with it, but im not to sure how this even works. And i get outspammed with the iberian mace anyway (damn polearms).

Current noob build 1st gen
str:18
agi:18

power strike:6
shield:5
athletics:6
power draw:6
weapon mastery:6

one hand:59
archery:148
-----------
May run same build but switch some archery wpf for 2h or 1h considering my options OR this. (ofc redistribute the shield points)

str:18
agi:21

power strike:4
athletics:6
power draw:6
weapon mastery:7

two hand:107
archery:140

Give or take 1 athletics for a PS. But im liking the looks of a modified 18/18 build tbh. not sure what to do.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 12:39:59 am by Jonte »

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 08, 2012, 12:56:37 am »
+2
Jonte, you'll be mad at me for telling you this, but the problem with you being outspammed is NOT your lack of WPF in melee. Putting more WPF is not going to make the problem disappear either, you're just going to be less accurate with a bow and get less archery kills. And still get spammed to death in melee.
Your issue is footwork and timing, if you get weapon stunned just block twice. You need to step away from enemy swings and into your swings, and people will stop being able to spam you (even with 1 WPF).
People are going to try to weapon stun archers who pull out melee all the time, because they usually will try to retaliate and get spammed to death on their next swing. They are totally gaming your lack of melee experience.

Oh, never sacrifice an athletics for powerstrike. ever. especially as an archer!
do your 18/21 build with: 3 PS/ 6 Power draw/ 7 athletics / 7 WM
50 2h WPF (really, don't put more than 50 2h proficiency as an archer, it is plenty.) and the rest in archery.
I understand your desire to also melee as an archer, but the problem is you don't want wpf in it. You need it all for your archery, otherwise your hybrid isn't helping yourself -- just gimping yourself.
p.s. I might do a STF 18/18 archer/melee soon with your first build, except instead of shield, 5 Ironflesh. It really is a good build for hybridizing archery + melee. But only ever 50 melee wpf.
I would enjoy that more than 18/21.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 01:00:04 am by Marathon »

Offline Jonte

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
  • No more arrows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 08, 2012, 01:14:29 am »
Oh i can melee well enough, how do i even know if im weapon stunned? any animation to this?

Cus i see a bunch of ppl using katanas and id imagen they can get this to, so i guess light weapons do work?

i dont really need more archery wpf then i had, i can hit very well its just more timing required. (arrows do fly straight even with low wpf just release when the crosshair is at its "peak")
And lastly do we know how much faster wpf increases swing speed?

Edit: iv been spending some time on the duel server using only my 1h iberian mace and training with it, it can work but range is certainly an issue with it and im not really sure how to handle feinters (i do hate people who chainfeint like 18times in a row) and extreme spammers yet. Its been fun but i think a 2h might be a better choise which you didnt answer sorry :)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 01:17:36 am by Jonte »

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 08, 2012, 04:00:34 am »
+1
That is up to style. If you're better with 2h, use 2h. 2h get stunned less than 1h It feels like too, so it might be better for you.
And you'll be able to "feel" when you're stunned, you can't attack immediately after a block with perfect timing, so you need to block twice in a row.

And no; more archery wpf is like magic. you can hold the reticule at max accuracy longer, draw faster, shoot more accurately.

WPF for melee does not increase swing speed by very much, it increases it but not to a great deal. at 100 WPF you use weapons as their stats list them for speed and damage, 1 wpf you do 7.5% less damage (1 less power strike) and swing the weapon around 3 to 4 WEAPONSPEED slower, which really isn't a big deal, turning into your attacks and stepping into them is way more important than weaponspeed anyways. Really, as long as weapon speed is over 90 you can't be spammed.
50 WPF does ~3.5% less damage, ~2 weapon speed slower than as stats list it. Which is fucking negligible, we're talkign about swinging 3 Milliseconds slower than a normal 100 wpf swing. over 100 wpf scales the same as less than 100 wpf.
ie; 200 WPF does the equivalent of 1 powerstrike more damage over 100 wpf, and swings a few weapon speed faster.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 04:09:06 am by Marathon »

Offline Jonte

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
  • No more arrows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 08, 2012, 08:44:07 pm »
Been doing more number crunching and i cant see how 18/21 is worth it, you get 9 (NINE!) more wpf to archery with 50 melee wpf and 1 more possible athletics (good enuff) but you loose

-5IF
-3PS

I cant see how this is worth it, the problem here is that power draw cuts off the lower archery wpf you have so you have to add to the top but thats just crazy expensive and weapon master doesnt do enough to compensate for this. I know im new to the mod but i cant be the only one who see this as a little bit of a problem when building an archer, the penalty for PD should take the cost of increasing archery wpf into account :S

Maybe im just off :D
thanks for your useful info and advice, ill keep practicing and maybe one day ill be master off everything!

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #388 on: May 18, 2012, 05:48:16 pm »
What do you think of this build? I'll be using War Cleaver and Sarranid Guard Armor.

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 27
    Agility: 12
    Hit points: 80

Ironflesh: 9
    Power Strike: 9
    Athletics: 4
    Power Throw: 0
    Weapon Master: 1

Two Handed: 119
    Throwing: 1
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 18, 2012, 10:51:51 pm »
Great build. 27/12 will always be one of the best 2h melee builds imo.