Author Topic: Solid Builds  (Read 276446 times)

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
Re: Solid Builds
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2011, 04:18:48 pm »
Yeah I'll have to see how it plays for me.  I'm normally a fan of lighter stuff but it's so tempting to synergize the 75 hp with 60-70 body armor that I'm willing to adjust a bit :)

Helps to have heirloomed armours. Lordly heraldic mail with tabard and lordly mail gauntlets adds up to 62 body armour. It's not that heavy :)
Get some lordly plate gauntlets if you want even more defense for a tiny amount of extra weight.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2011, 06:52:07 pm »
dedicated xbower

str: 15
agi: 24

xbow: 140-150 (sniper)
2 h: rest (langes messer or spiked mace)

transfered: 8

ps: 5
agi: 8
wpm: 8

some points from agi can be transferred to IF if wanted, but I dont think its clever :D
sometimes its necessary to run away a couple of metres very fast to reload safety and 2 or 3 points in IF dont help that much
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 06:53:42 pm by Nihtgenga »

Offline JackieChan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Crève salope / Master of left spam
    • View Profile
    • CRPG PATCH!
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_JackieChan
  • IRC nick: JackieChan
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2011, 08:26:02 pm »
I am going to have to disagree with you on the HA builds Marathon, i think you missed the purpouse of HA, it is not about riding, stopping your horse, then shooting, nothing like that.
While you say there is no noticable difference between 2 and 4 HA i can assure you there is, beeing a dedicated HA for a while, every thing bellow 3 HA for a HA is useless, at 2 HA you can only shoot target which are 1 meters from you at full speed.
 I dont find the damage to be such a problem with the 15/24 build. Of course, you are right on 1 point, with the 15/24 build you will have problems with tincans, but they only form a small portion of the enemy, HA purpous are not to kill the heavy inf, but to wipe out the light cavalry and skirmishers( archers, throwers, light inf and so on...) which you will do perfectly with the 15/24 build.
Your builds (27/12) cant really be described as HA, with this build you are forced to stop your horse each time to get an accurate shot, nothing horse archery is about.
In addition, if u are forced to go on foot,the high WPP (173) let you make very accurate shots, and if you have heiloomed bows, enemy armors wont be a problem :)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 08:57:02 pm by JackieChan »
 Wهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاه

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2011, 09:35:28 pm »
I am going to have to disagree with you on the HA builds Marathon, i think you missed the purpouse of HA, it is not about riding, stopping your horse, then shooting, nothing like that.
While you say there is no noticable difference between 2 and 4 HA i can assure you there is, beeing a dedicated HA for a while, every thing bellow 3 HA for a HA is useless, at 2 HA you can only shoot target which are 1 meters from you at full speed.
 I dont find the damage to be such a problem with the 15/24 build. Of course, you are right on 1 point, with the 15/24 build you will have problems with tincans, but they only form a small portion of the enemy, HA purpous are not to kill the heavy inf, but to wipe out the light cavalry and skirmishers( archers, throwers, light inf and so on...) which you will do perfectly with the 15/24 build.
Your builds (27/12) cant really be described as HA, with this build you are forced to stop your horse each time to get an accurate shot, nothing horse archery is about.
In addition, if u are forced to go on foot,the high WPP (173) let you make very accurate shots, and if you have heiloomed bows, enemy armors wont be a problem :)

yeah...you should trust jackie when it comes to HAering ;-)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2011, 09:41:51 pm »
Hello Marathon,

I am atm working on 2 new Characters. The final goal of them will be 34/35, no matter how long it takes. CRPG is a game where you play as long as you can, like in other online games. Its static :)

First of all my 1h Shield Cav/Foot Character:
On some maps horses are not that good, thats why I choosed Athletics.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Polearm Cav/Foot Character:
I want to be good without a horse too, same as my other Character.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
I like that you have direction with your characters -- do you play on NA? Your name seems familiar.
You've got a long road ahead of you.

You don't have to stop moving, besides all HA benefit a little to slow down when firing if it is deemed safe. The build in question [27/12] is less accurate with less fire rate in exchange for lots of damage. It is just another way of playing HA. I have 4 different HA builds listed in the first post, and 15/24 as being the one that everybody swears by [although I don't prefer it]. But that in no way means these other ones are not equally effective in other players' hands. They have different combat roles. 15/24 has the very specific role you listed. 21/18 or 18/18 are well rounded and do the very same thing with also being able to add more DPS to the team; while 27/12 is a highly mobile high DPS character. All different, but not inferior.

I know you're one of the best HA in europe and I respect your opinion, but we are going to have a fundamental disagreement on build viability. Also, the metagame is different between EU and NA with what the infantry go around as. In EU they are typically light-medium armored agility or balanced builds. In NA the infantry are mostly strength builds and some balanced builds with a higher number of high-medium and plate users. The 15/24 simply can't do much of anything to them in NA, but works rather well in EU. I just don't like not being able to kill those players since I play NA. 15/24 might work if I had MW bow and arrows.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 09:58:50 pm by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Dioxete

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Den Bitre
  • Game nicks: Date
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2011, 09:59:26 pm »
I'd like this cav build pretty much :D

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)
Strength: 18
Agility: 18
Hit points: 65
Skills to attributes: 2
Ironflesh: 6
Power Strike: 6
Shield: 0
Athletics: 5
Riding: 6
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 0
Weapon Master: 6
One Handed: 1
Two Handed: 1
Polearm: 156
Archery: 1
Crossbow: 1
Throwing: 1

Offline JackieChan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 118
  • Crève salope / Master of left spam
    • View Profile
    • CRPG PATCH!
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_BD_JackieChan
  • IRC nick: JackieChan
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2011, 10:21:44 pm »
I might have reacted a bit to harshly there, it is true that i had pretty much no experience with NA players, i assumed they were the same as EU players in the armor / build  :?
I guess the 27/12 build is more of a mobile sniper, which in the case of the NA players habit, it would fit perfectly.
 Wهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاهاه

Offline Duerkos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Duerkos
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2011, 11:43:03 pm »
I request a build for a Long Spear user, I don't really know if I should go str or agi, any recommendations? Agi seems the best option (as it's support) but I don't know if it will glance a lot.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2011, 12:54:46 am »
I request a build for a Long Spear user, I don't really know if I should go str or agi, any recommendations? Agi seems the best option (as it's support) but I don't know if it will glance a lot.
The 18/21 2h build works really well if you just put pole WPF instead. Really, pikeman can be strength, balanced, or agility builds. Agility is more likely to glance, so you want some PS. I recommend balanced.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline IceManX

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2011, 02:11:44 am »
I like that you have direction with your characters -- do you play on NA? Your name seems familiar.
You've got a long road ahead of you.

thx for your answer!
I only play on EU with my 3 Chars called, IceManX, BalinX and Advori.
I am from Europe and the NA latency doesnt rly fit to me, its around 100-200 when I try to play it. On EU its around 30-50 :)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2011, 02:45:36 am »
thx for your answer!
I only play on EU with my 3 Chars called, IceManX, BalinX and Advori.
I am from Europe and the NA latency doesnt rly fit to me, its around 100-200 when I try to play it. On EU its around 30-50 :)
Ahah Alright. I think there is a guy named iceman in NA who is cavalry.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2011, 10:00:23 am »
My super-hybrid infantry/cav build

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 18
    Agility: 18
    Hit points: 53

Skills to attributes: 2

Power Strike: 6
    Shield: 5
    Athletics: 6
    Riding: 6
    Weapon Master: 6

One Handed: 119
    Polearm: 120

With it you can succesfully play 1h+shield cav, lancer, 1h+shield infantry, polearms infantry, spear+shield and pikemen.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2011, 10:10:40 am »
My throwing/1h hybrid, quite effective actually :D

(click to show/hide)

my swordboarder:

(click to show/hide)

also have a xbow alt:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 10:14:43 am by Cepeshi »

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2011, 10:38:07 am »
Punisher, your exact build is listed already :D, and cepeshi your sword boarder is listed under the 21/15 as the no IF variant. Glad to see good people using and vouching for them.

Cepeshi, your thrower/1h hybrid i suggest a few less conversions and probably more agi. I have the 21/15 thrower build listed as probably the most sound of the thrower melee hybrids. You're gimping your melee by having 6 PS but 27 strength -- and you don't have enough WPF for your throwing? That will be a big big issue when you get the 9 PT and can't pick up anymore. You need to either get more agi or cut 1h wpf to almost nothing... Which is not good.

I will tomorrow update with xbowers since I left those out accidentally, but for now I'm going to bed.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 10:43:43 am by Marathon »

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2011, 10:59:22 am »
Cepeshi, your thrower/1h hybrid i suggest a few less conversions and probably more agi. I have the 21/15 thrower build listed as probably the most sound of the thrower melee hybrids. You're gimping your melee by having 6 PS but 27 strength -- and you don't have enough WPF for your throwing? That will be a big big issue when you get the 9 PT and can't pick up anymore. You need to either get more agi or cut 1h wpf to almost nothing... Which is not good.

The thing is, with 0slot hammer and 6ps i am killing quite well, even heavy armored targets, so i would not say more PS is needed (also this is a part of my small metagame: get so small place for error that every mistake u made cost you, since i started this, i gpot better at overall awareness and blocking). The lack of WPF might be problem, but not yet decided whether ill go 8 or 9 PT, as i could just go 8PT and 7PS or 9PT and 6PS(with the downside of 1shot 1chance to hit or ur done) Atm i have like 83wpf in 1h and i am able to 1v1 some others, so might just pump more to cover for 9PT (even now oneshotting with spears is sooo much fun :D) Thanks for the input tho, i wish i had other acc. on which i could use skip the fun to try out which one plays better for me :( :D