Poll

Do you think this will work out?

Yes, it is fine as it is!
3 (30%)
I think it will work, but it needs more content.
0 (0%)
Maybe it will work, but it needs improvement
2 (20%)
I really don't know about this, I don't think it will work.
3 (30%)
This is a dumb idea Eib.
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: A thought from Light: Terrorist Town  (Read 2471 times)

Offline Eibhlin

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • ....What?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Il Martinet
  • Game nicks: Eibhlin
A thought from Light: Terrorist Town
« on: March 23, 2019, 07:42:01 pm »
+2
A proposal on what we could do on events. A forewarning, I've already talked about this with others, and most of us agreed it probably wouldn't be implemented, reasons that I will mention here. But someone said to still give a shoutout so... here it is!

If you have played Garry's mod or some other parody, you may have seen and perhaps even played the game/mod called "Traitor Town"

To briefly explain, this is a mystery sort of game, whether you are familiar as to something like "werewolf" or "mafia", one or two "traitors" go out and kill the innocents.

There are several roles to play:

Innocents: Your average fellow just caught up in a bad situation. There is a traitor amongst them, and it's the innocents jobs to find out just who killed who. You must try to survive until either: The "Traitors" are killed, or the time runs out. Make decisions with your fellow innocents as to who is who... but be careful, that "innocent" who is behind you just might be creeping behind your back to kill you...

Warden: The shiny dude, certainly not discreet in any way. He stands out among the civilians of Calradia, wielding impressive weapons and strong, shiny, sturdy armor. As civilians, it may be best to follow him, as he is the "sheriff" of the town, serving as the protector, and detective (which I will elaborate more later). Consider his words akin to a King (Big Cassander?), and don't be surprised if he retaliates in some form if you (innocents and traitors alike) disobey his order. Has some special tools and generally better gear.

Traitors: The cloak and dagger, a favorite thing for traitors to do. Of course, you can also go and start hacking at anyone you see. The traitors jobs are to kill all the innocents and the warden by the end of the time limit. They can blend in amongst the innocents, either by staying silent, or loudly vocalizing concerns that innocents also share, for example "Who is the traitor?" It's their job to stay ahead of the game, being manipulative and cunning, throwing suspicion off themselves, and casting it on another person. Traitors can vary in numbers depending on how much people are in the lobby, at minimum there being one (for obvious reasons).

Admin (AKA: Lord of the Plebs): Clad in full plate, and with a vindictive weapon for all to see, you peasants might as well call him God (and the Warden apostle Peter). Keeping an eye out on the scoreboards, and serving as the rule keeper for the naughty spoiling cheaters out there (as best as he can anyhoo). He will keep track of who killed who, and gives clues (elaborating later) to his pet Warden. Beware angering him, or you may find your torso bisected with no compromise.

~~~~~

So hopefully I didn't bore you guys yet, I'll let you guys take a small break as to refresh your minds, and not space out.

~~~~~

So to review, there are 4 roles, Innocents, Traitors, Warden, and the Admin. This would probably be hosted on small server, with 30 people at most. The map would most likely be an town-like map, or more preferably a custom scene. Everyone would be on the same team, except for the Warden (this making the Warden harder to coordinate with the Innocents.)

Everyone will start with a "kit of equipment", mostly ranging from pleb weapons and a simple linen tunic. The Warden will be equipped with a better armor of sorts, and the slaughterhouse begins as soon as the Admin says go. The game mode would be deathmatch, so as to prevent players from respawning. Traitors cannot be revealed until the Warden checks a body, and the Admin confirms as to whether or not he/she/(it?) was a traitor.

The manipulations begin as everyone begins questioning as to who did what and who is who. The Warden will take command of the innocents, ordering them with orders ranging such as "Follow me if you aren't a traitor", or "Everyone meet up in the Center", or "Simon says...." No one is forced to comply of course, but the Warden then can issue a death warrant for a player (though penalties shall be given if the Warden was wrong, elaborations will come later).

If you find a corpse, shout out to others. People will want to come and look, and the Warden will confirm with the admin as to whether or not the hapless person was a traitor or an innocent. The Admin will of course signal to everyone once all traitors are dead and that the game is over.

Just because you are able to defend yourself and are able to call out your suspicions, don't just attack anyone at random. As an innocent, if you kill someone other then a traitor, you will receive loss in trust and potentially "karma" (The admin will reduce your chance of getting any significant role until the session of Traitor Town is over". If you start attacking everyone from spawn as an innocent, you will receive warnings. Upon 2 or more warnings, the admin will kick you out of the game. As a traitor, your karma can be reduced if you kill a fellow traitor. As a Warden, any call outs or attacks which lead to an innocent getting killed will create a loss of karma, albeit at smaller scale then the innocents.

Now, you may ask, "Won't everyone know who killed who?" A solution for that is being able to toggle off causality reports in settings, leaving you all blind as to who killed who except the Admin. And this comes down to the integrity of players, for them to be willing not to cheat in the game. This makes the game have a serious flaw, unless the players are ready to have fun without breaking the rules. Which, from what I've seen, I'm not quite sure as to who will cheat.

Somethings we can do to spice it up:
* Weapons spawning in the scene, allowing the plebs and traitors to arm themselves (e.g. Rusty simple swords, apples, old round shields, mauls, etc.)
* Traitors having unique weapons when they spawn, for example invisible weapons so to help the killing all the more easier
* A healing tent somewhere in the map, to which traitors can sabotage

And those are the only suggestions I have for now. But the scenery to which the game takes place should have a lot of cover, and cramped isolated rooms, to which you may find yourself with only one other person... with a knife. Although I was considering a small reward for the games, I realize that would probably encourage someone to cheat, so I would keep it as standard with battle servers.

I understand that there are many flaws into making a game like this, so I would appreciate constructive criticism and more suggestions as to how we might make this work, and in the end, this really is only an idea.

Appreciate the time you spent reading this

~Light

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
Re: A thought from Light: Terrorist Town
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 08:26:45 pm »
+1
trouble in terrorist town*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 11:07:52 pm »
+2
Big trouble in Little China.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Eibhlin

• Knight
  • Renown: 62
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • ....What?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Il Martinet
  • Game nicks: Eibhlin
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 05:55:07 am »
+1
Big trouble in Little China.

The question is.... will some of it work?

Offline Schoi

• Duke
  • Renown: 578
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: small weiner
  • Game nicks: Skoi, Schoi, jus_the_tip_bby_feel_rlygud
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 07:02:58 pm »
+3
Speaking for myself here. I wouldn't like to see this implemented into cRPG. I've been playing for a long time and that's because I like the bland and plain medieval game I've been playing. Don't want to play Warband Garry's Mod RDM squeaker on a minecraft map shit
Best quote
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Well fact is, NA players are mostly casual normies not knowing mechanics & who would have no chance against competitive EU players on the same ping.

Offline nikklenikkle

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: OE nikkle the BROWN bat
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 02:04:56 am »
+1
ya the community is also small and its really not that far fetched to assume for someone to just tell his buddies over ts or discord who killed them but it does sound fun