Author Topic: New Strategus (new round & mechanics)  (Read 17105 times)

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
Re: New Strategus (new round & mechanics)
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2019, 09:09:15 am »
It was definitely bugged then.

Not sure because I think it was never possible to raid AI, at least I remember it somehow. Wouldn't everyone just raid empty AI fiefs if it was possible? Also I didn't touch that part of the code so most likely you remember it wrong.

I also noticed the ai fief message claims it will pay you triple whatever you ask for which is ridiculous considering they don't have that kind of silver but also I haven't received any silver at all.

I think you misread the text. "We will pay triple gold reward of what attackers suggest if we successfully defend and double if we lose somehow."
It is about cRPG gold based on your performance, formula is in the changelog, not silver.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2019, 11:52:56 am »
Dave make it so we make a fuck ton more silver if we play EU1 or NA1, it might boost the population like " Hey dude get on and play for an hour or 2 so you can make strat silver and not wait 3 weeks to do a trade run on a map"

Idk personally i think it would get clans to play again and make things more fun as long as it couldnt be abused like you need atleast 15 on na1 or eu1 to get it started.

I know this isnt a suggestions forum but since its strat related and you seem to be working so fast i just wanted to toss the idea around

I'd be okay with something like this but I don't think it should offer you much. It should offer an amount less than you get from gold imo.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2019, 04:18:26 pm »
+1
I'd be okay with something like this but I don't think it should offer you much. It should offer an amount less than you get from gold imo.

Yea but enough to make a good amount of silver so people and clans will play more not everyone likes doing week long trade runs to make silver could you imagine makinmg good silver just playing EU1 or NA1 every night? mucg better

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2019, 10:02:23 pm »
+4
·  Item conversion can now convert to Common items too. Especially useful if trying to convert low tier national gear and your nation doesn't have a cheaper alternative.
·  We are highly concerned about issues current Strategus has with ranged so there is a little revamp there. Archers being extremely powerful during early stages of Strategus when players can't get any decent armor is a major issue that ruined game experience. Indeed, amount of ranged players itself is a problem as well but we can't really limit people from playing/abusing the META. Instead we decided to have a different approach. First of all, we went back to limiting Common bows to just Short Bow. It lost 1 damage also. Second is regular Arrows are removed from Common items and are made Swadian with stats changed. Third and most important: Common cheap arrows are now Wooden Arrows which are basically old Arrows but with -6 cut and lower price/weight. Hopefully such a huge damage reduction (19+7 base damage for Short Bow in the past -> 18+1) will make it less of a problem.
·  We added a certain amount of items to factions (both old assigned and completely new added), work is still in progress.

Offline Little Lord Lollipop

• Duke
  • Renown: 582
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: Frumpty_Dumpty_ATTS
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2019, 04:01:13 am »
TLDR

Nerfed Short Bow lel

Dear Little Lord Lollipop
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2019, 12:23:38 pm »
TLDR

Nerfed Short Bow lel
blame eu for having no self control
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2019, 02:13:27 pm »
+1
·  Equipment help formula is adjusted so that it helps with equipment more often, it is a subject to change though but it is better than before
·  Selling price of items in fiefs is decreased from 40% to 20% to make it less attractive to sell gear rather than merge/convert it.
·  Soak value for cut is increased from 0.4 to 0.5. Actual effect is making higher armor being more effective against lower cut damages.
·  Cut 1h received +1 damage to get compensated. Cut archers became less effective against high armors (it was impossible to balance because pierce and cut used to have the same soak value)

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2019, 02:15:08 pm »
blame eu for having no self control

It was very effective, I'd say super overpowerful in certain circumstance. We can't blame people for willing to win. I hope it goes smooth after recent changes.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2019, 03:46:55 pm »
+1
Well the changes are on point and fast, so it's pretty good I think. The single biggest problem when trying to keep the game alive is losing the momentum imo. Archery is gonna be okay in lategame strat, but early game nerfs were needed so much.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2019, 12:02:11 pm »
so, you think it's a good time getting into strat for the first time really? ;)

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2019, 12:31:51 pm »
+1
I appreciate the new nation "Ferocia" and the item work that must go along with forming such a nation. I intend to declare it as a nation at some point because of it's equipment but at the moment they're not an option within the faction page and they do not have any feifs within their nation. Will they be put within any feifs (you had mentioned swadian) during this test phase or after the official strat round begins? I'd like to know the wisdom of waiting for access to the Ferocia equipment or just immediately claiming a different nation.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2019, 02:22:25 pm »
+1
I appreciate the new nation "Ferocia" and the item work that must go along with forming such a nation. I intend to declare it as a nation at some point because of it's equipment but at the moment they're not an option within the faction page and they do not have any feifs within their nation. Will they be put within any feifs (you had mentioned swadian) during this test phase or after the official strat round begins? I'd like to know the wisdom of waiting for access to the Ferocia equipment or just immediately claiming a different nation.

Claim a different faction for now. Ferocia and Staufen will be added later. We still haven't decided on what fiefs & where they get. Most likely they'll just used Swadian fiefs (maybe get more castles & villages per town). We're focused on adding items to existing active nations.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2019, 02:44:13 pm »
+2
·  Item (including goods) dupe possibility was found and it's fixed, duped items are removed so it won't affect this round's economy and there is no restart yet. It was a major logic bug in database structure and I believe it could be widely used in previous Strategus rounds but I have no logs to check it out.
·  Power Throw now reduces Throwing WPF by 8 per skill point instead of 11
·  Item conversion is changed to reduce item level by 1 if it's loomed (Converting non-loomed or broken items doesn't reduce loom level, converting +3 will result in getting the same amount of +2 equal or lower in price national/common items of the same item type)

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2019, 07:14:32 pm »
+2
·  Item (including goods) dupe possibility was found and it's fixed, duped items are removed so it won't affect this round's economy and there is no restart yet. It was a major logic bug in database structure and I believe it could be widely used in previous Strategus rounds but I have no logs to check it out.
·  Power Throw now reduces Throwing WPF by 8 per skill point instead of 11
·  Item conversion is changed to reduce item level by 1 if it's loomed (Converting non-loomed or broken items doesn't reduce loom level, converting +3 will result in getting the same amount of +2 equal or lower in price national/common items of the same item type)

Jesus Dave please keep up the great work!!! Mod is actually looking really good right now population wise and patch wise im enjoying it.

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2019, 04:37:10 am »
+1
thank you dave for the quick reply