Author Topic: 0.5.5.0: you to decide  (Read 87344 times)

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
Re: 0.5.5.0: you to decide
« Reply #150 on: December 29, 2018, 01:14:55 am »
+2
Website now also shows Health Points.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #151 on: December 29, 2018, 03:47:55 am »
+3
If strat reset happens with the council changes we will probably get up to at least 30v30 for a few months. I don't see a major playerbase coming out without at least a strat reset though
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 29, 2018, 10:01:32 am »
If strat reset happens with the council changes we will probably get up to at least 30v30 for a few months. I don't see a major playerbase coming out without at least a strat reset though

Strat can't be reset without tests and literally no one playing it makes it difficult. Strat is the next (current) priority in my list. Most likely changes will get in gradually and not as one huge patch.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #153 on: December 29, 2018, 10:04:04 am »
+1
Strat can't be reset without tests and literally no one playing it makes it difficult. Strat is the next (current) priority in my list. Most likely changes will get in gradually and not as one huge patch.

i'll keep attacking nova amere unarmed if that'll help. in fact, i think i'll do that right now. it's always good for a chuckle and only takes 30 seconds

actually im gonna finally stop i see poor uninformed chinamen are signing up, i can't cause that sort of suffering
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 03:43:19 pm by Sandersson Jankins »

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 30, 2018, 06:33:38 pm »
+5
Loom bonuses for certain item types were reworked, weight bonus is now possible to be defined as percentage based, so loom bonuses became fare.
Also +1 loom bonuses are somewhat nerfed (+3 stay the same), mostly a strat related change.

5.4.2.9 patch item changelog
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 06:36:52 pm by DaveUKR »

Offline Fungus

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • QIH
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The best clans
  • Game nicks: Fungus Von Krems, Lyall, Bydand Fungus, Fungus The Saracen
« Reply #155 on: December 30, 2018, 09:41:35 pm »
+1
Fuck me pls make crpg great again
mercs is an absolute shit hole of a mod  :mad:

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 30, 2018, 11:18:06 pm »
Fuck me pls make crpg great again
mercs is an absolute shit hole of a mod  :mad:

spread the word, we will gladly accept former cRPG players back from merc mod.

Offline Fungus

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • QIH
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The best clans
  • Game nicks: Fungus Von Krems, Lyall, Bydand Fungus, Fungus The Saracen
« Reply #157 on: December 30, 2018, 11:34:17 pm »
+1
spread the word, we will gladly accept former cRPG players back from merc mod.
I'll tell everyone but Rip @____@
and maybe not the turks

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
« Reply #158 on: December 31, 2018, 12:47:56 pm »
If Mercs is such a shithole, how has that mod survived without any updates for more than 2 years? lol
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 529
  • Infamy: 2147
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 31, 2018, 11:42:08 pm »
+2
Maybe we should try restore crpg to old glory which was very similar to Merc mod but better in every imaginable way. While keeping all the sane changes and bug fixes done during the years. It that insurmountable task atm? Am willing to help lifting stuff, doing manual (slave) labour etc. Somehow doesn't feel right to me that crpg is going to die without going back to its roots but this time for real, not half assed patches and timed events for fun. Major problem was always devs having little or no clue what proto crpg was all about, unlike them Dave you know it very well and San knows it too although I know he isn't fan of it. Bring back old system, implement gen/xp boosters and wipe account database. Forget about inter class balancing, just let people run around in broken and op builds, thats what brought people to this mod.

Happy new year btw

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 01, 2019, 01:41:35 am »
+6
Maybe we should try restore crpg to old glory which was very similar to Merc mod but better in every imaginable way. While keeping all the sane changes and bug fixes done during the years. It that insurmountable task atm? Am willing to help lifting stuff, doing manual (slave) labour etc. Somehow doesn't feel right to me that crpg is going to die without going back to its roots but this time for real, not half assed patches and timed events for fun. Major problem was always devs having little or no clue what proto crpg was all about, unlike them Dave you know it very well and San knows it too although I know he isn't fan of it. Bring back old system, implement gen/xp boosters and wipe account database. Forget about inter class balancing, just let people run around in broken and op builds, thats what brought people to this mod.

Happy new year btw

Happy new year and thanks for the reply. I would gladly accept any kind of help. I was really close to wiping current account database but was stopped with the feeling that I would take more than I gave. Even though I had a carte blanche on doing that (James: you can do that but I won't care to grind again, Uther: I've already started doing that, Rando's forum acc was a first step, Professor: last seen December 2010) I didn't. That doesn't mean that I can't alter the value of what was grinded but that's a completely different philosophy of action.

Without shit, San is quintessence of a developer/balancer cRPG always needed, it's too sad he didn't have as high privileges in the past. He's a talented person and stands unnoticed and not credited behind of a lot of great changes.

We already managed to get solid 20+ players on EU1 for several days so we're moving in the right direction. cRPG will move into more hardcore and competitive way (to the extent where it's not a funkiller), sadly I found several bugs that lead to undesired bonuses for players (gold to be more precise), but we're going to fix it.

I'm not sure if we can get players grind 24/7 for a 9 y.o. game but we can make it competitive for sure. That's what I liked crpg for in the first place.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 01:46:41 am by DaveUKR »

Offline Larvae

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Larvae
« Reply #161 on: January 01, 2019, 07:32:01 pm »

Happy new year btw

i support this

- Through actions,a man becomes a hero. - Through death,a hero becomes a legend. - Through time,a legend becomes a myth. - And by learning from the myth,a man takes action -

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #162 on: January 06, 2019, 06:39:14 pm »
+5
Happy new year and thanks for the reply. I would gladly accept any kind of help. I was really close to wiping current account database but was stopped with the feeling that I would take more than I gave. Even though I had a carte blanche on doing that (James: you can do that but I won't care to grind again, Uther: I've already started doing that, Rando's forum acc was a first step, Professor: last seen December 2010) I didn't. That doesn't mean that I can't alter the value of what was grinded but that's a completely different philosophy of action.

Without shit, San is quintessence of a developer/balancer cRPG always needed, it's too sad he didn't have as high privileges in the past. He's a talented person and stands unnoticed and not credited behind of a lot of great changes.

We already managed to get solid 20+ players on EU1 for several days so we're moving in the right direction. cRPG will move into more hardcore and competitive way (to the extent where it's not a funkiller), sadly I found several bugs that lead to undesired bonuses for players (gold to be more precise), but we're going to fix it.

I'm not sure if we can get players grind 24/7 for a 9 y.o. game but we can make it competitive for sure. That's what I liked crpg for in the first place.

I just came back after a 4+ year hiatus. Sadly I retired my level 34?/36? main right before I left. (Gen 26! Woo!)

Anyway, I'd be glad to help out anyway I can. I miss this game as there's nothing else like it. I don't develop anymore (as I've been managing devs for years), but could probably knock some of that rust off to help.

Having a decent community come back would be great, especially since my son is also old enough to play. Also it's my birthday next month, damnit and I want a good present.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 06, 2019, 09:22:14 pm »
I just came back after a 4+ year hiatus. Sadly I retired my level 34?/36? main right before I left. (Gen 26! Woo!)

Anyway, I'd be glad to help out anyway I can. I miss this game as there's nothing else like it. I don't develop anymore (as I've been managing devs for years), but could probably knock some of that rust off to help.

Having a decent community come back would be great, especially since my son is also old enough to play. Also it's my birthday next month, damnit and I want a good present.

Would gladly accept your help. Do you use discord? It's the place where we communicate.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
« Reply #164 on: January 07, 2019, 01:08:30 pm »
If Mercs is such a shithole, how has that mod survived without any updates for more than 2 years? lol
braindead people are braindead its no wonder they repeat the same braindead behaviour

edit:

before anyone else does it

why do u think i repeat the same autistic behaviour over and over
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 01:34:03 pm by Yeldur »

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,