Author Topic: 0.5.5.0: you to decide  (Read 86569 times)

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
0.5.5.0: you to decide
« on: December 10, 2018, 11:01:30 pm »
+27
Hello, my dear modmates!

At this point cRPG is on the crossroads: death (which is imminent since nothing is eternal) or still a short run.

I know this happened quite a few times already in the past but this time it seems like there will be no other chance, cRPG was never as close to death. Not much left from a dev team, it's basically just San and me joining the sinking boat. We had a Strategus Council which was successful IMO and we didn't only come to certain decisions but also implemented them, but then we couldn't patch them in because we didn't have enough access, Professor went missing for ages (can't blame him) and everyone lost motivation. Above from that Strat got entirely broken with the a dozen of changes that were waiting to be patched from previous dev team and it took quite an effort to at least fix it back.

It's up to us, just a bunch of people who truly love this mod: what we need to make its last months (and who knows, maybe more) a better experience for everyone. I know that the original dev team with chadz on top (my personal thanks to original dev team!) did the same threads and I'm aware that mostly nothing got implemented, I do remember how long it took for decisions. I assure you, this is not going to happen again, if we do stuff - we do it blazing fast, no more months between patches, we don't have this much time.

One thing that we need to do: what do players want the most to get at least minimal population back? We don't get paid and can't afford us development with 1 player online
(click to show/hide)
. Doing something that grows population back is what can inspire and motivate us.

I took this incentive and responsibility to make this post and truly hope we can save cRPG from inglorious death. Please share your suggestions from in-game rules to item balance, from new mechanics to strat changes (trolls with suggestions like I love you, let mod die etc will get punished, remember Rando  :oops:).

So it's up to you what we see in the upcoming changelog.

Patch notes (updating):

1. Restored Rando's account with all the posts, topics, votes etc.
2. Fixed hall of fame in tavern to be based on XP rather than broken levels (since XP requirements per level were changed quite a lot throughout years).
3. San: Changes in WPF formulas:
-Every point in WM updates the minimum melee wpf.
-Shared melee wpf has been improved.
-wpf penalty adjustments
4. Website now shows all correct bonuses/penalties to wpf showing real effective wpf that you'll have in game.
5. Connected Chinese servers back to the database and made them official. Welcome back, China!
6. Toned down the amount of bad weather making it much rarer (also removed dark night, only evening and early morning left)
7. Weapon length added to ranged weapons that didn't have it (bows and crossbows), results in movement penalty with weapon unsheathed (so the bigger bow/crossbow you carry - the slower you move, sheathing it nullifies the effect)
8. Ranged ammo got reduced.
9. Masterwork reforge is back to 2 loompoints for MW item. If you need to to change your +3 item for another +3 item buy Heirloom Exchange.
10. Website is finally showing the amount of slots for shields
11. Increased strength requirements for all crossbows, slightly nerfed heavy crossbow and high pierce output is also reduced due to changed armor soak/reduce values.
12. Ranged received a significant rework, read 5.4.0.0 patch notes.
13. Ladders are back to battle servers.
14. MOTF (Master of the Field aka flag that spawns in the end of the round) is changed to spawn much rarer (It spawned if any of teams had 5 or less players, changed to 2 or less, also it had a breach in formula that would spawn MOTF prematurely on lower than ~50 pop servers which was fixed)
15. WPF penalties made unique for each WPF type.
16. Website now shows correct WPF PD and PT penalties to archery and throwing wpf accordingly.
17. Char stats page is recoded and now provides raw damage for items saved in gear panel. Very useful for checking how much your damage is affected by changes in your build real time.
18. Fixed reward system. In the past everyone was seeing wrong numbers in game. You actually received 150 gold x multiplier (750 gold on x5 compared to 200 gold shown in game) instead of 50 x (multiplier-1). Right now you get 50 x multiplier gold (250 gold on x5), also fixed to correctly represent in game. Gold inflation should drop down a bit.
19. Added low population bonuses. If server has 10 or less players, everyone gets double XP and gold gain (base 30k XP and 500 gold per tick).
20. Unlocked lvl 35+ bonuses. So now you don't only get +2 HP for levelling up but get regular attribute and skill points infinitely (if you have time to grind it up to extreme lvl38+).
21. Changed retirement titles to lvl33: Veteran, lvl34: master, lvl35: grandmaster, lvl36: legendary, lvl37: demigod, lvl38 and beyond : immortal.
22. Now minimal multiplier is back to x1 instead of x2. Added a random chance to keep multiplier after lost round (separate calculation for every player, only lucky ones get it).
23. Added dehorse damage mechanic. Players now deal additional damage to rider by dehorsing him. Damage highly depends on horse's movement speed at the moment of dehorsing (dehorsing a standing cavalry doesn't deal any damage). Right now it deals a raw damage that gets absorbed by the armor (more armor less damage), body armor weight (and/or other factors) will be taken into account to later (so that lighter armored receive less damage).
24. New players now start with lvl30 instead of 20, starter kit gold increased to 100k from 30k, added +3 horse (Palfrey) and +3 shield (Brown Kite Shield) to starter kit.
25.Major rework on loom bonuses (especially armors), too much to paste because several hundreds items affected.
26. WPF requirements of crossbows reworked to become 8 x strength requirement. Will be probably adjusted later
27. Website now shows WPF requirement of crossbows
28. Website now shows what ammo can penetrate shields (Siege Bolts became the only bolts that can't penetrate shields while Bodkin Arrows are now the only arrows that can). Bodkin Arrows can only penetrate the lowest unloomed shields like Old Round Shield and only in very limited almost never happening situations (when shielder charges against a max strength +3 top tier archer, while shielder is standing still - it's impossible to penetrate even when he has a shield like that). It is impossible to penetrate any medium tier shield in any circumstances.
29. Website ow shows correct requirements for shields. 3 shields that used Strength attribute as requirement now explicitly show that in the shop.
30. Further decrease of arrows that didn't go in the last patch with bolts being decreased recently.
31. If player won the round and survived it - he has a much lower chance to pay upkeep
32. All ranged ammo now has an extra chance to get broken (pay upkeep), not just arrows
33. WPF no longer affects upkeep rate
34. Loomed items now have higher upkeep depending on item type and item loom lvl.
35. Using construction stuff during Strategus battles now generates extra XP
36. Website now shows increased/decreased prices for loom levels in item description (shop or inventory)
37. Website now also shows correct max possible upkeep value in inventory page
38. Clan banner stackers now count as a bigger power during autobalance
39. New mechanic: you can only damage left hand, forehand and shoulder if you successfully penetrate a shield, also damage output after reduction will be additionally halved to compensate upcoming armor nerf of wooden shields. Expected game impact: no more crossbow wtf-headshots while holding your shield up, more weapons will be able to penetrate shields (more Crossbows, not just Arbalest, some bows with Bodkin arrows) but performing a shield penetration would require extremely good aim and would deal a highly reduced damaged depending on shield armor. High armor shields (metal) will be still impossible to penetrate
40. New feature added: all ranged ammo (arrows, bolts, throwing weapons) can now have "Can't use on horseback" property that makes them possible or impossible to use on horse. Only 0 slot arrows/bolts are possible to use on horseback so far.
41. Fixed bug allowing to pick up ammo on horseback that was supposed to be impossible.
42. Fixed mechanic that sadly never worked: ammo stacks (quivers, throwing containers etc) with 0 ammo now can't be picked up, they disappear instead of messing with your slots.
43. New mechanic added: horses can now perform a so called "oppa jump" on siege shields. If horse jumps over siege shield from behind it will instantly destroy it with some special effects. If horse bumps siege shield from behind it will damage both siege shield and itself depending on speed in the moment of impact. If horse bumps siege shield from in front, it will only hurt itself. Also if horse dies after a bump - rider will get damaged on falling down.

Item changelogs:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 12:04:01 pm by DaveUKR »

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
Re: 0.5.5.0: you to decide
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 11:32:09 pm »
+1
Remove all ranged.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline sJimmy

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 11:51:50 pm »
+2
Time To Let It Rest In Peace With Its Honor Intact. It’s Been A Great Run.
"By what you decide to do every day you will be a good man or not." – Knights Hospitaller, 2nd Crusade

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 02:24:40 am »
+3
I love you
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 02:52:00 am »
+17
I took this incentive and responsibility to make this post and truly hope we can save cRPG from inglorious death. Please share your suggestions from in-game rules to item balance, from new mechanics to strat changes (trolls with suggestions like I love you, let mod die etc will get punished, remember Rando  :oops:).

So it's up to you what we see in the upcoming changelog.

you've earned yourself a juicy down vote for threatening to Rando other players.

▲ ▲
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline fetus

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • some random turk idk
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikulu
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 05:47:56 am »
+4
fix strat buff melee nerf ranged and remove cassi's war darts thx

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 06:50:02 am »
+4
The final nail in the coffin: DaveUKR given developer access

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 07:50:41 am »
You have earned the downvote,balancing items doesnt mean anything now,we just need to add fun things to make the game look exciting again for example,for these 2 weeks you can raise gravity so when we jump we get into the castle or a tree directly.For next 2 weeks you can make characters 5x faster.For the next 2 weeks only available item is arbalet,this mod requires fun stuff like these,not ur dumb balancing.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 08:00:15 am by Yuhmaz »

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 09:37:49 am »
+3
I actually think cRPG should copy merc mod(which is still popular and actually gotten more populated since cRPGs death) and make new players start at level 25 or 30. Almost no new player is willing to grind his way from 1 to 30 with majority of the time being useless and just waiting around for XP ticks, personally everytime I retired I regretted it because I had to leech and just stand around until I got to a level where I could use my gear and be useful.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 09:44:03 am »
+1
I actually think cRPG should copy merc mod(which is still popular and actually gotten more populated since cRPGs death) and make new players start at level 25 or 30. Almost no new player is willing to grind his way from 1 to 30 with majority of the time being useless and just waiting around for XP ticks, personally everytime I retired I regretted it because I had to leech and just stand around until I got to a level where I could use my gear and be useful.

Would you say we should get rid of character development grind and focus on material grind?
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 09:53:02 am »
Would you say we should get rid of character development grind and focus on material grind?

No, but it would help with getting new players to stay if you made them get up to speed faster, ofc the xp grind should still be a thing. Shouldn't really matter for veterans if a new player comes into the game with a level 25 character, he'd still not have any gear. 

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 11:26:59 am »
you've earned yourself a juicy down vote for threatening to Rando other players.

Well, that was a joke, maybe a bad one but still not getting that it's not a real threat to delete someone's forum account for a post in a thread is hilarious.

This thread is a point to decide if we put any further effort in crpg or patreon gets closed and servers going down in several weeks.

New players start from lvl25 IIRC. At this point we might want some radical stuff like wiping crpg and giving a new xp/gold system.

You have earned the downvote,balancing items doesnt mean anything now,we just need to add fun things to make the game look exciting again for example,for these 2 weeks you can raise gravity so when we jump we get into the castle or a tree directly.For next 2 weeks you can make characters 5x faster.For the next 2 weeks only available item is arbalet,this mod requires fun stuff like these,not ur dumb balancing.
Not sure if you read the post even.

Offline Nickleback

• Hero of The Chamber of Tears
  • Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player
  • Sheogorath -a Daedra Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2018, 11:37:43 am »
+4
Just give me id/pass of the panel,server will be 200/200.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2018, 12:53:23 pm »
+4
shut down the servers, keep the patreon active, give me sole access and i will allocate all funds to lifestyle maintenance while i am working on my volume of cRPG historical fiction

(click to show/hide)

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2018, 01:13:45 pm »
+10
We could set up a date for a last big crpg-goodbye-clusterfuck evening and then give the mod its well deserved rip in pepperoni-rest