Poll

Shut down EU?

Yes
No

Author Topic: EUcucks, the looming issue  (Read 5321 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: EUcucks, the looming issue
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2018, 05:26:35 pm »
+8
EU has always had a massive amount of whiny bitches who want the devs to nerf everything instead of learning how to play and adapt.  And that's a big reason why there's so few people playing to this day, is because devs kept listening to all the whiny bitches and kept nerfing classes.  Nerf one class, then another is OP and people cry, so devs nerf that class.  Then people cry that something else is OP and devs nerf that.  We have a watered down version of what crpg used to be because of all the fucking nerfs. 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2018, 05:57:36 pm »
EU has always had a massive amount of whiny bitches who want the devs to nerf everything instead of learning how to play and adapt.  And that's a big reason why there's so few people playing to this day, is because devs kept listening to all the whiny bitches and kept nerfing classes.  Nerf one class, then another is OP and people cry, so devs nerf that class.  Then people cry that something else is OP and devs nerf that.  We have a watered down version of what crpg used to be because of all the fucking nerfs.

All that whining clearly didn't work though did it, because all the nerfs to ranged still didn't stop the "watered down" ranged classes from ruining the revival on EU. EU was the largest population and it died because even after countless balance and ranged nerfs, tons of people still play ranged. I respecced myself away from any kind of range during the "revival" to try keep the servers population going, but it was pointless and fucking horrendous, every round was just a fucking arrow storm, no one cares enough to even try "adapt" to that, they just simply stopped playing this old ass mod like they did in the past and went to play something they actually have fun playing. There is no way to adapt to too many players choosing to play ranged builds, it just isn't fun and this mod and game is old AF now, EU has died and rightly so, we can just spend our time playing better games.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2018, 07:00:35 pm »
+3
Everything Leesin said is true, no matter how people want to take it, that's your choice.

The Composite Bow and Arb are broken. Every single time the server filled up it was a Horse archer at the top of the scoreboard with consistent high KDR and an arrowstorm shitshow of getting 1 shot or 90% of your health gone by 1 projectile. And to those who say Zero Sat is just a good player, well he is, but there were other horse archers able to do the same thing consistently and top score easily, get highest KDR. Arb is still able to 1 shot 27 str full plate wearers, the core problems still remain, noone wants to get killed instantly from halfway across the map and have to wait 5-10 minutes to play another round.

The truly "watered down" classes are 2h and cavalry. 2h cut nerfed, 1h cut buffed against high armor values. Cav has been ignored for a while receiving no new buffs despite being rather easy and enjoyable to counter with a simple spear.

NA luckily doesn't have any large clans organized enough to truly abuse range to the point of no return, EU did though.

Countering range isn't simply " get a shield ". It works more like this, you waste your 7 day respec and then get killed and humiliated by range anyways because you got kited, flanked or lolstabbed by the new 1hers that hit like 2hers if you were dumb enough to buy into the meme. The only real counter to ranged spam is more range or throwers (lol nerfed ).

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 07:52:14 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2018, 08:10:24 pm »
+1
Anyone whining about ranged clearly hasn't played native.
I have played on eu alot when it had high population and sry I dont see where you are coming from. And if ranged was such a big population and the supposed reason eu is dead did they run themselves off too?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 08:18:20 pm by Asheram »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2018, 08:22:03 pm »
+8
Anyone whining about rape clearly hasn't been shot in the head.

And if ranged was such a big population and the supposed reason eu is dead did they run themselves off too?

Do you ever stop and think for a second?

Archers don't even like archers, so when all the melee players quit, they're bound to quit too. It's only 'fun' to be an archer when you have a massive advantage, dealing damage 40ft away and the only thing the enemy can do is whine.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 08:26:21 pm by Bittersteel »

Offline fetus

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • some random turk idk
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikulu
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2018, 08:30:53 pm »
+2
Anyone whining about rape clearly hasn't been shot in the head.

Do you ever stop and think for a second?

Archers don't even like archers, so when all the melee players quit, they're bound to quit too. It's only 'fun' to be an archer when you have a massive advantage, dealing damage 40ft away and the only thing the enemy can do is whine.
so true

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2018, 08:37:04 pm »
Anyone whining about ranged clearly hasn't played native.
I have played on eu alot when it had high population and sry I dont see where you are coming from. And if ranged was such a big population and the supposed reason eu is dead did they run themselves off too?

Actually it's not as bad as it seems because of TDM and range not being able to kite, it just gets extremely boring fast with fixed classes.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2018, 08:46:44 pm »
+3
lol crazycracker they are proving your point.
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2018, 09:20:59 pm »
+2
So you're trying to tell us, the EU players, that we're wrong for saying that EU died because of the facts that caused EU to die, while EU is actually dead, so what exactly are you trying to say? it's a conspiracy? we are the ones who played it and tried to keep the revival going there, but grew bored when 9 times out of 10 the server had an unhealthy amount of ranged builds that made the game boring. Why the fuck would we stick around playing a game we're bored of playing? you NA autists are dense as fuck. Latency isn't the only reason I wouldn't play on NA servers, it's actually just playing on a server with such a large amount of socially retarded incel's.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2018, 09:21:55 pm »
Here's a thought, why not just host yourselves a melee only eu server?
PENDULUM

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2018, 09:23:09 pm »
it's been tried. multiple times.
died. every. single. time.
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2018, 09:23:29 pm »
+1
Here's a thought, why not just host yourselves a melee only eu server?

Here's a thought, we don't give a fuck enough to host our own server for an old AF mod and game so we are playing other games instead. Why are you so bothered that we aren't playing the mod any more?

EDIT:

it's been tried. multiple times.
died. every. single. time.

This too, no one wants "melee only", they just don't want 75%+ of the server using ranged weapons turning the game into Counter Strike, people dealt with that shit for years and got bored of it, the mod died. The revival happened and then people realised it was the same old shit, ranged spam everywhere, they quickly grew bored of it again.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 09:27:06 pm by Leesin »

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2018, 09:50:57 pm »
+4
Here's a thought, we don't give a fuck enough to host our own server for an old AF mod and game so we are playing other games instead. Why are you so bothered that we aren't playing the mod any more?

EDIT:

This too, no one wants "melee only", they just don't want 75%+ of the server using ranged weapons turning the game into Counter Strike, people dealt with that shit for years and got bored of it, the mod died. The revival happened and then people realised it was the same old shit, ranged spam everywhere, they quickly grew bored of it again.
I'm not bothered that you dont want to play the mod. I dont see a problem with ranged and it sounds like you guys want to get it nerfed. By all means go play other games.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 10:02:05 pm by Asheram »
PENDULUM

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2018, 10:09:16 pm »
+2
I'm not bothered that you dont want to play the mod. I dont see a problem with ranged and it sounds like you guys want to get it nerfed. By all means go play other games.

I played Horse Archer a lot myself mate back in the day, I suffered the WORST nerfs in the game, I don't see anywhere in my post asking for ranged nerfs. I purposely respecced away from Horse Archer and any other ranged build during the revival because there was just too much ranged and saw how cancerous it got, me and other players tried to encourage people to stop playing so many ranged builds but it didn't work and EU died again. No one here is asking for nerfs, we just made the FACTUAL statement that EU died and will stay dead because every cunt wants to play Counter Strike on CRPG.

Offline Phoenix

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • Spinnin' and winnin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_Phoenix
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2018, 03:36:29 am »
+1
EU has the mercenary mod which has no na server.
@ Phoenix the na servers are centralized to na. If what you are suggesting is to move servers to the east coast then you are screwing the west coast and I dont agree. Its not our fault eu cant/wont populate their server.

no i already have shitty enough ping at 78 i dont want the servers to move farther away the eu cucks can deal with the ping

i live in cali so
It's not always about winning. It's about spinning.