Author Topic: Buff Elite Scimitar  (Read 3069 times)

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
Re: Buff Elite Scimitar
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2018, 11:10:42 pm »
We might not agree on all points, but I understand your point of view.

Agree to disagree. Can definitely agree that some of this comes down to individual play style, though.

If i see a GLB feint thrusts towards me i'll just spam because theres no way i could possibly take enough damage from it that wouldnt be made up with a succesful hit from my swings.

Feints in general aren't as useful against aggressive players. But when someone "spams" when I'm feinting a stab, I just cancel it into a block; the glance is only a potential problem if you release the animation far enough or if you're not positioned correctly.

GLA was one of my primary weapons back when Aus was active, but I would have hated it without the stab, even though I rarely actually released a stab on someone. Like Jona said, it's great for feint patterns, and with polearms it morphs into the right swing so well.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2018, 01:34:30 pm »
Agree to disagree. Can definitely agree that some of this comes down to individual play style, though.

Feints in general aren't as useful against aggressive players. But when someone "spams" when I'm feinting a stab, I just cancel it into a block; the glance is only a potential problem if you release the animation far enough or if you're not positioned correctly.

GLA was one of my primary weapons back when Aus was active, but I would have hated it without the stab, even though I rarely actually released a stab on someone. Like Jona said, it's great for feint patterns, and with polearms it morphs into the right swing so well.

GLA has 4 more speed, isnt unbalanced and has a blunt thrust, thats quite the difference if you ask me. Still confused as to why you feint with slow polearms, but i get your point and in the end it comes down to opinions in a very offtopic discussion.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2018, 11:54:44 am »
+1
I'm sorry I missed this thread - Hot Chick with a Sword has one of these, so yes, buff it. Buff me and nerf everyone else.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.