Author Topic: Maybe FIX THE GAME?!  (Read 58280 times)

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
Re: Maybe FIX THE GAME?!
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2018, 09:20:31 pm »
+1
Ranged is unsporting.  They deal damage without taking the same risk as melee players.  If a melee player gives chase, they usually run away until the melee player gets tired of chasing them or they just camp behind their team; it's unsporting af.  I prefer getting ganked by 5 players over getting shot by 2 archers.  At least in the gank, I still have a fighting chance. 

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2018, 09:42:44 pm »
+1
Ranged is unsporting.  They deal damage without taking the same risk as melee players.  If a melee player gives chase, they usually run away until the melee player gets tired of chasing them or they just camp behind their team; it's unsporting af.  I prefer getting ganked by 5 players over getting shot by 2 archers.  At least in the gank, I still have a fighting chance.

I get your point of view, but you have as much chance to win in a melee gank than against kiting archers.

In a gank you can go all james-gif if you're a pro/lucky (dispatch a multitude of enemies fast).
Against an archer you can side-step/feint dodge a couple times in a row and jump slash them in the face if they get greedy.

Same shit really.

Oh also, if you have the patience to read the map layers/team positioning, you can easily avoid both situations. Even if you are a 0 ATH tank like me.

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2018, 09:53:38 pm »
Same shit really.

How?  In a gank, I can deal immediate damage back to those who are hitting me but I can't even reach the archers so how is it even remotely the same?

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2018, 10:32:54 pm »
How?  In a gank, I can deal immediate damage back to those who are hitting me but I can't even reach the archers so how is it even remotely the same?

In a properly done gank you dont deal any damage, you die after a couple nut shots and you can do nothing but watch. How is that different from being shot to shit?

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2018, 10:37:48 pm »
I'd be more interesting in seeing % of damage than % of kills for ranged. I know I am not the only plate 2h cav lance shield chad whose been shot to shit
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2018, 10:38:46 pm »
+4
Go back into your hole ragenerd, nobody likes you here and nobody gives a shit about your opinion. you was a whiny little bitch back in hre and you're still a little whiny bitch now. if you hate the mod, Devs, players so much then why are you even here? Do us all a favour and fuck off.

You and your buddy polka were the biggest most retarded griefers of all time. I takes a special level of cowardly bitch to behave like you did.
Talking shit online is all very well, behaving like a fucking disgusting shitbag is all very well.
I doubt it that is how you behave in real life.

A short list of zottlmarschs accomplishments as witness by me and many others.

1. Kicking teammates(especially new players who lacked the experience) of walls
2. Running into teammates(especially new players who lacked the experience) swings to be able to kick them with 5/5 offenses
3. Leeching in naked gear for hours and hours
4. Teamhitting new players and goading them into fighting back, just to get them kicked(especially new players who lacked the experience).
5. Joining with other krems to build siege engines or do other pointless shit, just to grief your team
6. Blocking on ladders
7. Blocking in doorways

Did i forget anything? I am sure this list can be improved.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2018, 10:39:13 pm »
+1
Buff rocks.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2018, 11:03:51 pm »
In a properly done gank you dont deal any damage, you die after a couple nut shots and you can do nothing but watch. How is that different from being shot to shit?

With some proper footwork, you can get in some hits or at least make them hit their teammates.  You still have a fighting chance.  Against archers, I can only get lucky and dodge so many arrows and the more archers there are, the luckier I need to be.  Rarely do they receive their comeuppance for all the damage they do because I'm usually dead before I ever reach them; it's completely one-sided.

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2018, 12:46:00 am »
I'd be more interesting in seeing % of damage than % of kills for ranged. I know I am not the only plate 2h cav lance shield chad whose been shot to shit
oh, same here. unfortunately those damage scripts have been lost to the ages. I'd attempt to replicate them, but frankly I've no clue how this was managed.
shoot me on discord or real life

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2018, 07:00:36 am »
+1
It probably worked with an extra on_hit trigger that dumped damage amount and item type into some log. Then magic happens and we got stats.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2018, 02:46:49 am »
+7

you are not donkey crew, you are not on the same level as tydeus and san

not on the same level as tydeus and san

tydeus and san

tydeus

holy shit plumbo these are the end times, ragnorak is upon us, gehenna has arrived, and the end is VERY fucking nigh

you're invoking the name of TYDEUS as a good dev??? dude i was sorta concerned that you'd actually physically assault the man for what you claimed he did to the mod (rape, murder) years ago
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 04:09:02 am by Sandersson Jankins »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2018, 03:11:18 am »
+4
holy shit plumbo these are the end times, ragnorak is upon us, gehenna has arrived, and the end is VERY fucking nigh

you're invoking the name of TYDEUS as a good dev???
He's fucking lost it. Truly a professional contrarian
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2018, 06:49:22 am »
i actually kinda miss tydeus at this point, cunt that he was, you actually type your thoughts the way you wanted to type them...unlike these new era "treat me with respect!" millennial pussies.

and he did rape the mod. shit still hasnt recovered, prob never will. especially now that we have to keep "4 yrs of hard work" ...from complete imbeciles.

and i still wanna play 2013 pre tydeus wpf crpg. id play that shit daily.

hows all the "improvements" going btw?
pop numbers make my point for me, maybe prof really SHOULD fix the mod?

I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2018, 10:11:29 am »
+4
You are the embodiment of a salty milennial bro

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2018, 12:39:42 am »
+1
i actually kinda miss tydeus at this point, cunt that he was, you actually type your thoughts the way you wanted to type them...unlike these new era "treat me with respect!" millennial pussies.

and he did rape the mod. shit still hasnt recovered, prob never will. especially now that we have to keep "4 yrs of hard work" ...from complete imbeciles.

and i still wanna play 2013 pre tydeus wpf crpg. id play that shit daily.

hows all the "improvements" going btw?
pop numbers make my point for me, maybe prof really SHOULD fix the mod?

I don't get this position. What exactly do you expect prof to do? I really doubt it's just as simple as "ROLL IT BACK TO 2012, BRO".
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.