Author Topic: Sugar, Assington, and thicc_papi_Cochese  (Read 3854 times)

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Sugar, Assington, and thicc_papi_Cochese
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2018, 09:53:28 pm »
Sugar, thank you for showing a human side in this. I do appreciate it and will take everything you've said into consideration. Never think for a minute what you type on this will fall on deaf ears, I will always read what any of you type, even if it's garbage. I'll wait to hear from Assington and we'll go from there.

EDIT: to your edit, it's possible man. Hard to tell emotions behind words people type. Sorry if I did.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 09:59:38 pm by Bronto »

Offline Jacaroma

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 300
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Cajun
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2018, 09:55:27 pm »
p.s.My past is checkered, but dude im just an angsty teen now, and I think I was like maybe 13-14 when I got most of my bans and was at the peak of my shittalk
They grow up so fast  :cry:  :cry:

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2018, 09:56:49 pm »
Seriously though Bronto you can't give solid advice to me about buying another cd key and then years later banning someone else for the same reason.

McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2018, 10:02:01 pm »
Seriously though Bronto you can't give solid advice to me about buying another cd key and then years later banning someone else for the same reason.

Don't post McDeath, you haven't read any of the reasons for the ban and it's obvious in your statement.

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2018, 10:05:10 pm »
I already posted and I am posting again  8-)

Also I did read the entire thread
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2018, 10:06:52 pm »
Don't make me add you to the list.

Offline chesterotab

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2018, 10:09:24 pm »
I would like to take a moment to talk about a movement that is near and dear to my heart. It is called #SoakTheBan

if you would like to participate, please post #SoakTheBan in this thread and share in the punishment. if each of the 5 other NA players in the world share the 120 days on sugar and assington (240 in total) we would all only be banned for a little over a month.

stand with NA crpg population #SoakTheBan

▲ ▲
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2018, 10:12:11 pm »
Ban me instead of these genuine souls of fun #SoakTheBan

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2018, 10:14:55 pm »
Please everyone, unless you're sugar, assington, or their alt account, do not post any more. I let it go on for too long and when Assington does reply I don't want to have to read through 500 soak the bean posts just to get to it. I've PM'd Sugar and he knows where I stand on this and after the weekend or a response from Assington, I'll see where we go from there. There have been some good alternate suggestions provided, so I do appreciate those and am taking them all into consideration. Let's not fill this with garbage please.

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2018, 10:30:07 pm »
Crpg population is small as it is and these guys are active players so i dont understand the super long ban, were not in the primetime days of cRPG anymore

EDIT: did not read last comment and i cant delete posts
Ca$hville 615

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2018, 10:46:48 pm »
sorry for not replying i got really drunk last night and went to bed happy like i always do knowing that crpg will be there for me in the morning

But let me be serious, since Bronto is being perfectly serious and reasonable here;

I made this account a couple of years ago during the final croaks of cRPG before it somewhat officially died the first time. I made it purely for strat. I never multiaccounted to avoid bans until some time later. It is against the rules, I know, I'm not gonna try and make my normal relativity complex argument about everyone else that has second accounts or breaks rules.

As far as the subject of avoiding bans goes, I don't remember using this account to ever really avoid bans since bans don't stay on my main account and I can usually join 5 minutes later anyway (still ban evading sorry), but I guess multiaccounting is multiaccounting.

As for the subject of sugar; he was banned for 24 hours by James for being a mouthy kiddo in a strat battle, however, I guarantee that if James wasn't in the server, being on the team that was getting demolished, having his siege equipment constantly harassed by sugar, etc, he wouldn't have issued the ban in the first place. It wasn't the first time I thought James' temper got the better of his judgement, and I'm sure he's enjoying seeing this ban since it has been his life goal for the last 3 years. Regardless, I did offer sugar the usage of this account so he could play cRPG because I disagreed with James' judgement. I understand that sugar is still at fault for being of such generally deplorable moral character for having accepted my offer, but I think that his usage of this account for less than ONE DAY should definitely be calculated into his ban time, particularly since it is my account, and I offered for him to use it.

As for my apology; If you had asked me 2 months ago if I was sorry for using this account, the answer would have been no. I genuinely felt, and still feel that the usage of this multiaccount on STRAT or to evade pesky bans isn't harmful to cRPG's health at all. More players have quit this mod because they didn't like their armor's retexture than because they were like "DAMN! ASSINGTON HAS A SECOND ACCOUNT! I'M OUTTY BITCHES!". BUT, I do miss the point of fairness across all players, and being able to evade long term bans should I have chosen to, or having a second account for strat is, obviously, unfair. I am now sorry, not just because I've been banned, -- pretty much until this game that I have helped so zealously to revive several times dies again, but also because of everyone who may have suspected that I'm becoming a better person morally; someone who no longer drops the N-bomb and doublespawns. I haven't doublespawned in like THREE WEEKS!!

As for my response for being banned until June; I never thought I would see the day that I joined the ranks of people like bicep, spook, and mcdeath. I always looked down on them the same way you look down on homeless people on the sidewalk when you exit the freeway. I do not think a ban until June is just at all as my/sugar's usage of this account on both strat AND NA1 has probably summed up to maybe a total of 3 days used for evading bans, and the growth of about 1200 troops on strat simply because this account isn't played enough to generate anymore ticks. Like this account was just a little side piece that cikel knew about and approved of until he was "bullied out of Frisia" and decided to join the Tunnel Snakes Gang and report on me.

I know this post has been filled with a lot of questionable statements and shit, but TL;DR - I am sorry, I did break the rules, but I just want to make a plea in the case of actual crimes committed. Yes I have a second account, and yes, I've used it. That admission alone would be enough to ban someone for a long time. I just want to play on your heartstrings and claim that the very, very rare usage of this account to evade bans, coupled with almost non-extant usage on strat, as well as the very shaky status of this game's population to consider reducing the ban drastically. I can't speak for sugar (although he is becoming a good-er boy), but after that 3 day ban I got because of thryn posting about my doublespawning, I stopped doublespawning. Being without my baby crpg is hard :*( and I have been trying to be a reformed person lately; taking part in game-balance/mechanic discussions, always helping new players and answering questions on the forums). IDK Bronto, I know you don't like me, probably, for the many things I said against the administration several months ago, but if you could find it in your heart to empathize me, you would be saving more kids from hunger than you could ever know.

*edit: again, in stating I that I believe that the most minor usage of the second account should make it less punishable, I am not attempting to argue that I shouldn't have to be AS sorry, or ask AS much forgiveness, I am simply asking for an Aristotlean/Socratean philosophical outlook on this: all things and all actions should be done with great moderation and consideration.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 11:08:27 pm by bensai »

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2018, 10:54:18 pm »
It had nothing to do with sugar doing super well against acre

sugar was like 17 and 17 on defence

it had everything to do with me complaining to james that he was being a super prick to me and saying heinous shit

As for you well you are a good boy and i hope they are lenient on you

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2018, 10:55:41 pm »
It had nothing to do with sugar doing super well against acre

sugar was like 17 and 17 on defence

it had everything to do with me complaining to james that he was being a super prick to me and saying heinous shit

i set my spawn to theirs and was shittalking the entire time and i pushed a catapult out the map and i didn't know it was you i thought it was karen_mb
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 11:03:47 pm by SugarHoe »

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2018, 10:58:36 pm »
cmon bro no personal attacks this is a serious ban thread you shouldn't pollute it with your hatred of me and should instead focus on trying to get unbanned

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2018, 11:02:25 pm »
cmon bro no personal attacks this is a serious ban thread you shouldn't pollute it with your hatred of me and should instead focus on trying to get unbanned
yeah bro youre right im sorry