Author Topic: Sugar, Assington, and thicc_papi_Cochese  (Read 3853 times)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Re: Sugar, Assington, and thicc_papi_Cochese
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2018, 07:51:51 pm »
Were the only real punishments ever given out for ban evading the ones on havelle and lemon? (who didn't have separate cd keys, just some sort of bug abuse)

As far as I know, yes. But imo using a glitch to avoid bans is definitely worse than using an alt account, as you basically are just unbannable and can use your main and all its gear as much as you want. I want havelle back too, but I must admit his methods of... uhhh... rebelliousness, were a lil extreme.

Also, ban evading has been essentially encouraged in the past as you say. Admins would taunt perma'd offenders that they could either make a ban post or buy a new cd key to continue playing. The real penalty is losing your main character / main account. Obviously the new cd key accounts were on thin ice rule wise, prone to getting banned also.

Yeah this happened all the time back in the day. Just ask Allers or Panos.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2018, 08:03:06 pm »

Well, when I was banned I did beg for forgiveness, and another CD key was bought, what was wrong with it?
and no i'm not going to call you mean words because against popular belief, i don't say harsh things to everyone
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 08:06:50 pm by SugarHoe »

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2018, 08:06:30 pm »

Well, when I was banned I did beg for forgiveness, and another CD key was bought, what was wrong with it?

See I even gave you sound advice and you still managed to ruin the mod for yourself. The other CD key you apparently bought was being used by you and Assington to evade bans and have extra pixels on the strat map. Is that all you have to say for yourself? Plus that's a poor attempt at Photoshop. I sent that message to havelle and had way less reknown than that.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 08:34:19 pm by Bronto »

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2018, 08:08:08 pm »
No that is not all I have to say, and yeah I did listen to your sound advice, and shit, maybe you'd know that if you actually played the game yourself dude.
http://forum.melee.org/global/unban-mcdeath/
not photoshop dude i just screenshotted that picture a few minutes ago and cropped it out to prove that you said to buy another key

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2018, 08:11:03 pm »
Sugar, I do play the game almost every day so not sure what that has to do with anything. Why did you guys use the same account to evade bans and continue to use that extra account for strat?

Edit: Can't spell.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 08:16:26 pm by Bronto »

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2018, 08:23:48 pm »
#FREE THICC PAPA

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2018, 08:27:07 pm »
bronto u should reconsider banning them all, just ban the account they multi on, these ppl always help get the NA server started with low pop, we need these ppl

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2018, 08:31:37 pm »
Plus that's a poor attempt at Photoshop. I sent that message to havelle and had way less reknown than that.

Lol?

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2018, 08:32:01 pm »
bronto u should reconsider banning them all, just ban the account they multi on, these ppl always help get the NA server started with low pop, we need these ppl

I apologize for accusing you of shopping that, I truly sent almost the same message to a few other people. RIP my memory.

I'm waiting. If any remorse what so ever is shown I could always negotiate a more amicable solution. However, at this point in time, I'm waiting for something better than the responses I've gotten. I knew there would be backlash with this and that's why I decided to be the one to do it.

Sugar and Assington, just tell me why you did it and what your thoughts are on being punished for it? If it was to simply evade 24 hour bans or whatever, as sad as that is, it's at least a start.

Offline Grytviken

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2018, 08:42:34 pm »
I apologize for accusing you of shopping that, I truly sent almost the same message to a few other people. RIP my memory.

I'm waiting. If any remorse what so ever is shown I could always negotiate a more amicable solution. However, at this point in time, I'm waiting for something better than the responses I've gotten. I knew there would be backlash with this and that's why I decided to be the one to do it.

Sugar and Assington, just tell me why you did it and what your thoughts are on being punished for it? If it was to simply evade 24 hour bans or whatever, as sad as that is, it's at least a start.

I think it's time to just accept that NA is the devil's asshole of crpg and aggressively use the tools available to enforce the rules. Just give out minibans, mutes and ban the multi account. It's not like 1/4 of the server aren't admins anyways, can't be that hard to actively police.

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2018, 09:04:36 pm »
I don't know what you want me to say but you seem to have all the evidence in front of you already just like you said you did. Its not some super secret conspiracy why there's another account. I wanted to play some game I liked when I was banned. The account was there long before I got banned, I think it bought by assington for NW I think? But for the punishment, its clearly up to you on what you're going to do with it but a ban this long for something this insignificant is kind of like over the top in my opinion. All we wanted to do was play this video game. Was the presence of either of us trying to blend in unnoticed really that toxic, I hope you reconsider your punishment on us.

*edits to make it sound less douchey, not intentional
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 09:08:36 pm by SugarHoe »

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2018, 09:13:32 pm »
I don't know what you want me to say but you seem to have all the evidence in front of you already just like you said you did. Its not some super secret conspiracy why there's another account. I wanted to play some game I liked when I was banned.The account was there long before I got banned, I think it bought by assington for NW? It was used by both of us as you already know but I'm pretty sure that if anyone else had an extra key lying around and got banned and wanted to play, they'd be like "shit why not" But for the punishment? Its clearly up to you on what you're going to do with it but a ban this long for something this insignificant is kind of like over the top don't you think? Was the presence of either of us trying to blend in unnoticed really that toxic?

You evaded bans by using this character and used him for strat to attack people, get gear and gold, farm troops, is that insignificant? You guys trying to blend in would be a godsend if you did it on your main characters but you don't. You anger people, I get complaints all the time of "subtle racism", tk's, multiple accounts (which btw I didn't believe until I checked the logs), and then, much like your post, you feel nothing except that you were wronged and your punishment was too harsh. It's because of this reason I gave you 4 months. If you gave a shit you'd ask to be forgiven and explain how it was an error in judgement on your part. At least that's what I would expect someone in your position to do. But if you are incapable of that, then fine, we'll see you in the summer.

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2018, 09:31:22 pm »
Multi-accounting in strat is definitely something that can't be ignored, for the good of the future of the mod. However, I don't see the logic in banning them from the mod altogether when a strat offense can have a strat punishment as response. If someone multiaccounted on strat, is it possible to wipe the strat inventory/silver of everyone involved, force them to return any fiefs taken with the false character, on fear of a big dick style punishment like you guys doled out on them? Of course, they'd receive a long-term ban from strat as well. Assington and Sugar haven't even been making trouble on NA_1 battle lately, the last time I saw either of them get punished was in strat (see Sugar's signature). My thoughts on this subject would be a lot different if this was really a "live" strat, but the truth of the matter is that everyone is so oversaturated with silver and troops on strat that this business is really nothing but pissing in a rainstorm.
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2018, 09:40:20 pm »
That's a good point Rand0 and I will definitely look into strat based punishments. In the mean time the other problem is that they were also using the character in game on servers to evade bans. While lately they haven't gotten in much trouble, they have a checkered past. See my previous post for tips on how to shorten your ban time.

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2018, 09:42:17 pm »
 I do admit it was a mistake to break the multi accounting rule to evade bans, but at the time I just really wanted to play. Sorry if i came off as a dick, but i didn't want to feign ignorance and get myself into any more trouble. I know I've been really toxic in and out of game on my main, but i really did not think people complained about me that much, but can understand why they do. But I didn't think it was insignificant, because I didn't think of it at all, and that makes me an idiot for doing that.
I actually am sorry that I evaded your bans but i really did not think that was that big of a deal.I just stupidly assumed since permabanned people get to do the same thing, and I didn't think you'd accept my apology anyway because im that much of a dick where it won't even seem genuine, so I didnt bother to add it. But,
I actually am genuinely sorry for avoiding those bans.

p.s.My past is checkered, but dude im just an angsty teen now, and I think I was like maybe 13-14 when I got most of my bans and was at the peak of my shittalk

« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 09:48:31 pm by SugarHoe »