Author Topic: Most Work Is Pointless In 2017  (Read 7006 times)

Offline Rando

• Duke
  • Renown: 593
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Chairman of the Refuge Against Domestic Violence.
    • View Profile
Re: Most Work Is Pointless In 2017
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2018, 02:50:18 pm »
+2
daily reminder
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

through fruitless, likely poisonous journey through the bowels of the internet, I have discovered that there does exist a proper guide to falsely claiming SSI/Disability in the US through feigned mental illness

the author makes a good point in saying that sure, it might be called malingering but what actual sane person would go through the immense trouble and social shame of claiming pretty much a pittance in disability just so they don't have to work?

google "uncle remus' guide to SSI: get your autismbux here" for further info. i only approve use of this guide for entertainment purposes, but have something of respect/tolerance for accelerationists that wish to bring the State and other things like that down quicker

lol, I remember this shit. there is a lot of truth to the idea of someone being clearly mentally ill if they'd go to such lengths to not have to leave home at all.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 02:53:37 pm by Rand0 »
Women cannot be autistic, because that implies otherwise well functioning brain to be impaired in some way. We know that women posses no such thing.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2018, 08:35:16 pm »
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2018, 08:40:25 pm »
>tfw sacrificing 50% of your life so a CEO can make 0.0000000000000001% more money
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2018, 08:49:49 pm »
+1
I work for a plumbing company doing pre-fab, which now has recently been aquired by another more successful plumbing company that does esop. The benefits help all in my company not just "CEO".
https://www.nceo.org/articles/esop-employee-stock-ownership-plan
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2018, 11:16:36 pm »
I work for a plumbing company doing pre-fab, which now has recently been aquired by another more successful plumbing company that does esop. The benefits help all in my company not just "CEO".
https://www.nceo.org/articles/esop-employee-stock-ownership-plan
That's great, I'm sure it'll make you rich.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2018, 11:19:21 pm »
That's great, I'm sure it'll make you rich.
lol I have no delusions thinking it will make me rich, just that I will have something to retire on. Are you getting rich?
PENDULUM

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2018, 12:07:46 am »
+1
lol I have no delusions thinking it will make me rich, just that I will have something to retire on. Are you getting rich?
Of course -- spiritually. Materialism is beneath me. It's how They get you to become their slave.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2018, 12:17:52 am »
Of course -- spiritually. Materialism is beneath me. It's how They get you to become their slave.
So you are self sufficient, grow your own food, make your own electronics, clothes housing etc.? If not who is working for you? If everyone stops working where does it all come from?
PENDULUM

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2018, 12:38:49 am »
So you are self sufficient, grow your own food, make your own electronics, clothes housing etc.? If not who is working for you? If everyone stops working where does it all come from?
The good citizens of Finland work for me, naturally. I'm like a samurai, warrior caste. I don't work in peace time. If everyone stopped working then perhaps the wildlife would recover and the Creatures of The Earth would return in great numbers, and we would frolic in nature and be able to hunt out own food once more.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2018, 12:50:11 am »
+6
back to the basics

(click to show/hide)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1313
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2018, 12:56:40 am »
I'm actually striving to take this latest invention of capitalism, final solution leading to global slavery called blockchain and cryptocurrencies and put them to an actual good use. On paper it was ideal replacement for current system that is faulty, but in practice it shows just how much free market can be unfair and that it doesn't regulate itself fairly and create even more wealth gulf. I want to use crypto to foster growth of free software development. Biggest problem free software is facing is detachment from economy and usually author of free software can't pay for their bills. I want to make it easier for them to earn money by developing free sofware by using cryptocurrency as payment system. And I specifically want to target free sofware and not create platforms that never get used for anything worthwhile like Ethereum for example. Cryptocurrency micropayments is the best way to donate to free software authors and do it fairly.

First we had proprietary software being mainstream trend back in 90s and 90s. In the 90s shareware was all the rage. First decade of new millenia was mostly about proprietary software mixed with freeware which later turned into crapware/adware, freeware infested with ads. Then Google made the whole ad platform that raised whole marketing business on entirely new level. In the meantime among developers free software gained serious traction. It is time to introduce new payment method for software that trancends ad based revenue model. Propriatery software transformed from being pay per copy to pay for service or subscribe for service. Think that crypto payments for free software could create strong enough ecocystem to purge latest invention of proprietary software proponents.

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2018, 01:47:53 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Sorry if im to ignorant to follow. But how would donating through crypto be different from donating with convetional money? Its still owned by a individual isnt it, who still makes the decision whether to give it or not? How would that make freeware makers life easier?

In general software life is hard. People will pay 500+€ for a phone without even blinking an eye. But will think about buying an .80 cent app like its the biggest decision in their life.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2018, 02:13:41 pm »
But how would donating through crypto be different from donating with convetional money?

0 middleman.

I'm unsure of the capacity of crypto but it has very big potential; Leshma might not be completely wrong and/or delusional (incredible!). Besides extremely heavy regulations or total prohibition, it might change a lot of things economy-wise for the common man in the next years. Atm its very niche, completely opaque, fraudulent and extremely risky. Just like any big old innovations might I add.

Offline Tibes

• Count
  • Renown: 150
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2018, 02:46:18 pm »
+1
0 middleman.

I'm unsure of the capacity of crypto but it has very big potential; Leshma might not be completely wrong and/or delusional (incredible!). Besides extremely heavy regulations or total prohibition, it might change a lot of things economy-wise for the common man in the next years. Atm its very niche, completely opaque, fraudulent and extremely risky. Just like any big old innovations might I add.

I doubt such an method of 0 middlemen on financial transactions would stay legal for long. The governments always want their cut and will enforce laws to get it, not to mention currently existing middlemen, who hold serious sway in pretty much every countries politics and media. If it wont comply, the lobbying against it will increase substantially. It already has. Like crypto likes terrorists or is taking everyones jobs...

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2018, 03:53:25 pm »
I doubt such an method of 0 middlemen on financial transactions would stay legal for long. The governments always want their cut and will enforce laws to get it, not to mention currently existing middlemen, who hold serious sway in pretty much every countries politics and media. If it wont comply, the lobbying against it will increase substantially. It already has. Like crypto likes terrorists or is taking everyones jobs...

I believe that too. All good concepts end up getting permeated by the reality of today. But it probably will change things in a couple direction that could be beneficial to some people (its way less encouraging than Leshma speech but probably closer to the truth lmao).