Author Topic: The (Unofficial) Revert Suggestions Thread  (Read 2261 times)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
The (Unofficial) Revert Suggestions Thread
« on: June 30, 2017, 06:25:16 pm »
+13
There's been plenty of talk about reverting to pre-patch of destiny ever since crpg had its latest revival. However there has yet to be any details leaked of what exactly that entails. Maybe that is because the devs aren't quite sure yet themselves, which is fine as this is of course a big change that requires some careful consideration. So my question to you, the people, is what would you want to see changed if some stuff is reverted, and what would you like to see stay?

My thoughts:

Revert/change:
(click to show/hide)

Keep:
(click to show/hide)

Things to avoid:
(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
Re: The (Unofficial) Revert Suggestions Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 06:33:33 pm »
+2
Personally I don't really mind the current state of the game at all but also don't really care if it is reverted so long as we keep the nudge, kick, and kick chambers.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 06:45:26 pm »
Is there by any chance an easy revert to the old proximity xp system?

I think going back to that would be beneficial for the low population we have atm.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 06:46:25 pm »
+2
If they revert and you get less skill/att points hopefully the things they made you need more points to use gets reverted too for example horses like Arabians now needing 7 riding now instead of 6 and byrnjies needing 13 str instead of the 9 it used to, etc.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 06:48:39 pm »
If they revert and you get less skill/att points hopefully the things they made you need more points to use gets reverted too for example horses like Arabians now needing 7 riding now instead of 6 and byrnjies needing 13 str instead of the 9 it used to, etc.
Good point.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline banned123

• Knight
  • Renown: 65
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 07:11:46 pm »
+1

Agree with almost all of this but 2h was not the most OP class with old animations at all (unless you're going back to native stab). Amongst the best players everyone knew Polearms were the most ridiculous weapons due to length and all round higher stats, and 1h was the best if the enemy wasn't using a long polearm.

2h has mostly always been the domain of pubstomping people who aren't that good, which is why it's got the most rage directed at it, and it's a joke how bad it is compared to polearms and 1handers now due to their animations.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 07:28:26 pm »
+1
I'm fine with the things the way they are. I also am fine with tuning things back down to lv 31.

Keep the turn rate the way it is though.  Things got super silly when you could spin all crazy and attack.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 07:49:28 pm »
+1
Agree with almost all of this but 2h was not the most OP class with old animations at all (unless you're going back to native stab). Amongst the best players everyone knew Polearms were the most ridiculous weapons due to length and all round higher stats, and 1h was the best if the enemy wasn't using a long polearm.

2h has mostly always been the domain of pubstomping people who aren't that good, which is why it's got the most rage directed at it, and it's a joke how bad it is compared to polearms and 1handers now due to their animations.

Perhaps I just have a bad memory... but  how did polearms and 1handers outclass 2h back in the day? Iirc, 1h had a pretty poor stab (only really worked at face-hugging range) and slow rightswing, and only really had their leftswing to crutch on.  Poles didn't have much going for them except their crazy stab hitboxes , which have since been nerfed. If you were using a polearm that didn't have good stab back in the day, you'd have to rely on the strong rightswing, as the leftswing was (and still is) abysmal, and the overhead was adequate at best. 2handers had a stab as equally broken as polearms, a leftswing just about as good as 1handers, and their rightswing/overhead animations weren't lacking in any particular way, and still outclassed the weaker animations of 1h/poles. Also, poles have only really seen stat increases over time, save for a minor damage nerf (relatively) recently. At  least the axes had huge speed increases because they were almost entirely neglected and couldn't compare at all to the 2h equivalent.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 07:51:49 pm »
Don't forget polestun.
Didn't all the native players that were here recently leave when wse was fixed and polestun removed again?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 07:55:13 pm by Asheram »
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 08:08:23 pm »
Don't forget polestun.
Didn't all the native players that were here recently leave when wse was fixed and polestun removed again?

Is polestun = polestagger?

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2017, 08:35:50 pm »
Is polestun = polestagger?
whatever it was that polearms had til it got qqd away.
PENDULUM

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 08:53:14 pm »
whatever it was that polearms had til it got qqd away.

Yeah poles don't need that mechanic at all. No reason why poles or any melee class should get the advantage of inflicting as much stun as a kick with their swings.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 09:01:09 pm »
+2
I agree for the most part, except for turn rate.  Turn rate was easily abused, specifically talking about great/long maul users would hit the ground, and then spin and it would count as a hit/crushthrough.

My main beef with crpg over the years is all the whining people did, and then devs would nerf a class or group of items.  Then something else becomes "OP" (in the eyes of some), and they whine about something else, and that gets nerfed.  It seemed to be a never ending nerf cycle, when the first response to 99% of the whining should have been "learn to play".

There's always been enough tools (teamwork, strategy, equipment, character stats) that you can overcome most obstacles, or avoid them in the first place.  Sometimes you just get boned and you have to deal with it. 

I wish you could revert back to some point in the nerf cycle of mechanics/item stats/character stats.  Since playing around late 2010, I honestly can say nothing has ever seemed so overpowered it needed to be nerfed.  Just because you die and think there's 100% nothing you could have done differently, doesn't mean it's true (or sometimes them's the breaks).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 09:05:44 pm »
+1
Either fix the roll by shortening it to 1/3 or 1/4 distance, or get rid of it altogether.  And try to get rid of the invincibility frames.  Nerf 1h stab a bit.  Un-nerf bumpslash.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Thumper

• Count
  • Renown: 178
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Steam: SecretTammo
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Folkvangr
  • Game nicks: Thumper, Tammo
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2017, 09:10:55 pm »
+3
Everybody hits too hard fix damage! And lower levels please as much as I like having 10 PS and one banging people it's game breaking.