Author Topic: cRPG update and new ideas. Need feedback.  (Read 9884 times)

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
Re: cRPG update and new ideas. Need feedback.
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 04:37:29 pm »
+3
No one in their right mind would ever make a majority-agi level 38 build, as that would be such a waste of a grind. As it stands it takes quite a while to reach such a high level, so I don't think we need to balance the game around the possibilities of mostly all str or all agi at such a level, since those have always been one trick pony troll builds that get real boring after a while. No one seems to think that agi is OP/annoying currently (at least not compared to when it was legitimately broken), so as they say, if it ain't broken, don't fix it. As your stats showed, str was the majority of builds, and if anything people are of the opinion that
I'm not saying str builds should be kept in check (I personally think str should always be a tad stronger than agi, since balancing them perfectly seems to always remain a pipe dream), I'm just saying I think that there are far more glaring issues than "agi breaking the servers" such as broken items, banners, etc. Slowing down the pace of gameplay, even if it could make for slightly smoother combat, would just ruin the feel of this game for all us vets. It's always been fast, and fast combat requires more skill. If we slow it all down it'll have less of that crpg feel and be more similar to boring old native. Especially at a time where all us nerds can block 98% of swings, we need to keep it fast so that duels don't go on literally forever.

You guys can adapt, you're vets, builds shouldn't matter too much. The idea behind changes is to fix the sync problems when fighting. Anything past 200 wp pretty much has a good chance of ghost swinging or causing some kind of sync problem when fighting, especially when there are good amount of players in game(noticing alot more at 50-60) and you have 50+ ping. The more fluid combat, the faster it will be. Most of my blocking comes from knowing the other players moves from fighting them in the past, a lot of the time animations won't fully complete on my screen.

Another idea could be adjusting WP max points to 200. You can only spend 200 in weapon skill.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 04:42:54 pm by Dupre »
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 04:57:13 pm »
+1
[...]I'm just saying I think that there are far more glaring issues than "agi breaking the servers" such as broken items, banners, etc. [...]
This.
I beg you, please, as many bug fixing as possible before adding/changing things. Should be way easier to add/change from a solid working base onwards too.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 05:11:39 pm »
+1
This.
I beg you, please, as many bug fixing as possible before adding/changing things. Should be way easier to add/change from a solid working base onwards too.

Well what bugs? what items are broken? I already told you guys banners are being fixed. Give some real feedback please.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 05:18:13 pm »
+1
Another idea could be adjusting WP max points to 200. You can only spend 200 in weapon skill.

This would be far more preferable as it doesn't simultaneously punish anyone with a less extreme build. I'd really like to know how many people even have over 200 wpf anyways...

what items are broken?

For starters:

I'd first fix the floating hats/caps. You can see them on the first rounds of DTV, among peasants and bandits. It doesn't look very good.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2017, 08:15:54 pm »

Please no, one of the reasons I'm playing cRPG and not mercs for example is that there is such great variety of builds and no hard limits. In mercs there is a limit to how much wpf you can have in a weapon type, which forces hybrid builds and makes me throw up. And if you limited WP to max 200, it would subconsciously be the goal of most players. If something is forbidden or limited, then it must be good, right? And so, most players would aim to have 200 WP in a weapon type, instead of optimizing the right balance between agi and str.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2017, 08:23:06 pm »
This would be far more preferable as it doesn't simultaneously punish anyone with a less extreme build. I'd really like to know how many people even have over 200 wpf anyways...

For starters:

Jona, your character has over 200 polearm right now lol.

Peasants/Round 1, checked all 3 waves, no floating hats or bugs.
(click to show/hide)

Bandits/Round 2 , checked all 3 waves, no floating hats or bugs.(did get headshot death twice in a row though, might lower their accuracy lol)
(click to show/hide)

For Patoson: most likely the cause for this is the patcher not downloading all the files to your computer. If you have played mods recently or reinstalled crpg after patcher broke, most likely you'll have issues like this.

Jona and others, again please post some real feedback and stick to the topic. Post some relevant shit, counter my ideas with other ideas, think big picture,  create a good argument, etc etc. I know whats broken 80% of the time, I do still play. If something is broken and needs to be fixed asap, hit me up on discord https://discord.gg/tEbRJ or steam

« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 08:39:23 pm by Dupre »

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2017, 08:32:04 pm »
Please no, one of the reasons I'm playing cRPG and not mercs for example is that there is such great variety of builds and no hard limits. In mercs there is a limit to how much wpf you can have in a weapon type, which forces hybrid builds and makes me throw up. And if you limited WP to max 200, it would subconsciously be the goal of most players. If something is forbidden or limited, then it must be good, right? And so, most players would aim to have 200 WP in a weapon type, instead of optimizing the right balance between agi and str.

I wouldn't change the max WP you receive, it would be 200 is the max WP you can spend in 1 weapon skill so it doesn't go over 200 WP and have lightning fast swings.

So say right now you're level 38, your stats are:

Strength: 16 -
Agility: 31 -
Weapon points: 9
One Handed: 36 +
Two Handed: 211 -
Polearm: 36 +
Throwing: 1 +
Crossbow: 1 +
Archery: 1 +
Skill points: 2
Weapon Master: 10 -
Athletics: 7 + -
Riding: 0 +
Iron Flesh: 6 -
Shield: 0 +
Horse Archery: 0 +
Power Strike: 6 -
Power Draw: 0 +
Power Throw: 0 +

After the proposed change, you would probably aim for something like this since now you can only spend 200 in on weapon skill:

Attribute points: 0
Strength: 16 -
Agility: 31 -
Weapon points: 1
One Handed: 34
Two Handed: 200 -
Polearm: 34
Throwing: 76 -
Crossbow: 1
Archery: 1
Skill points: 2
Weapon Master: 10 -
Athletics: 7 + -
Riding: 0 +
Iron Flesh: 6 -
Shield: 0 +
Horse Archery: 0 +
Power Strike: 6 -
Power Draw: 0 +
Power Throw: 0 +

Now thats only level 38, imagine if i open the door for level 40 and beyond.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2017, 09:22:07 pm »
+1
Jona, your character has over 200 polearm right now lol.

If you say so...

Keep in mind that after the recent str requirement changes that opting for less than 21 str and higher agi at such a high level limits you to only half the available weapons/armors, which of course means you're missing out on half the fun. That's why I don't foresee high level dedicated str-agi builds being such an issue. I'd argue that my build is on the more extreme side as is, since IF is actually useful nowadays (don't forget that while I have 198 wpf, the effective wpf is far far lower when I'm wearing any armor, due to the IF requirement that I'm obviously not meeting).

Now thats only level 38, imagine if i open the door for level 40 and beyond.

Here's any idea... don't. People disliked the high level change after the patch of destiny way back in 2014, do you think it's a bright idea to up the levels even more? Having a "soft" cap at 38 is bad enough, no need to let the vets have an even greater advantage over newcomers or recently retired characters.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2017, 09:52:22 pm »
+2
Having a "soft" cap at 38 is bad enough, no need to let the vets have an even greater advantage over newcomers or recently retired characters.
Surely lvl 38 has a bit more advantage over let's say 34 than 40 over 36. If we put it to extremes, lvl 8 has twice as much levels than lvl 4, but lvl 50 only has near 9% level advantage over 46. So the higher the soft cap, the better it is for "lower" levels, assuming the "lower" levels also become higher.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2017, 09:59:49 pm »
+1
If you say so...

Keep in mind that after the recent str requirement changes that opting for less than 21 str and higher agi at such a high level limits you to only half the available weapons/armors, which of course means you're missing out on half the fun. That's why I don't foresee high level dedicated str-agi builds being such an issue. I'd argue that my build is on the more extreme side as is, since IF is actually useful nowadays (don't forget that while I have 198 wpf, the effective wpf is far far lower when I'm wearing any armor, due to the IF requirement that I'm obviously not meeting).

Here's any idea... don't. People disliked the high level change after the patch of destiny way back in 2014, do you think it's a bright idea to up the levels even more? Having a "soft" cap at 38 is bad enough, no need to let the vets have an even greater advantage over newcomers or recently retired characters.

Those strength changes were reverted. I changed back most stats cause of actual item issues but ended up reverting most of those strength changes. It will be pushed through once patcher is fixed, just didn't mention it on patch notes. And again, those strength changes were implemented to counteract with the high levels.

Patch of destiny was never finished, only adjustments made were to the levels and some increase and stat points, after that it was never adjusted. There were no balance, item or any other change implemented to the patch of destiny to counteract with the level increase.  So right now we are basically playing one small part of patch of destiny which has been in for 2 years so I understand that people have already adapted to it and will be upset if anything changes, but something has to change cause new players don't tend to stick around cause to them, the game feels broken. don't forget I also reverted 6 months worth of crpg development when I first joined up. I might actually cut back a little more on past development cause now im seeing a lot of bugs. The more I learn about the mod and scripts in place the more I see how broken it really is.

here is data on new accounts signed up past 2 weeks:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 04:59:54 am by Dupre »

Offline Arjay

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: RJ
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2017, 10:16:12 pm »
+2
I like everything up til you talk about higher level caps. No.

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2017, 10:22:24 pm »
I like everything up til you talk about higher level caps. No.

Would be alot more changes that go with it than just level caps. Since it seems players are interested and its kind of 50/50, i'll create a doc of what I would do in one patch including opening doors to level 40 and share with everyone.

Offline Man of Steel

• Earl
  • Renown: 368
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Linux, Traitor
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2017, 10:36:21 pm »
+3
Please be carefully with buffing the DTV bots, dont make them too stronk.  In my opionion it would be a good Start to go from 2 up to 4 bots. Might be enough for the start
For fuck sake Linux, fix your signature.

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2017, 07:07:44 am »
+4
I strongly dislike idea of upping the level cap, as to me it seems that "The Destiny Patch" was a major mistake. Since then everyone became way too overpowered (weekly respecs helped this too) with the additional +4 (from lvl 31 to lvl 35 being a current retirement mark) point boost in stats. The light armor has become absolutely no use. Currently I'm dying from 1 hits almost everytime while playing in my usual light armor set (padded heraldic tabard+light strange gloves) even though now I use 6 if, and before the "Destiny Patch" I used 0-2 if and yet I was dying from 2-3 hits usually. My main complaint is that whatever boost you've chosen, everyone became deadlier on the battlefield. If you have boosted your str (ps/if) - you naturally became stronger, with more melee damage. And if you have boosted your agi (ath/wpf) - then your swing also became deadlier because of extra speed bonus (both characters movement speed and weapon speed increased). The Destiny Patch has made the game more challenging, so most of tryhards adapted and would not complain, but honestly the game now is way too fast and tiring to play (in comparison with pre-destiny patch era), and it has become even harder for newcomers/medium skilled guys, after every single one of us being so much overbuffed on the battlefield.
---sry if i didnt explained it thoroughly, im sleepy as fuck atm
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2017, 07:08:11 am »
+5
Revert DTV to pre-Fips shenaniganary.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml