Author Topic: The Servertest  (Read 3782 times)

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 189
  • cRPG Player
  • Trained by Nord BlueKnight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen, Burg Krems, Acre
  • Game nicks: ladoea, Yeldur
The Servertest
« on: June 18, 2016, 10:01:33 pm »
+1
I was really sad to realise that I couldn't go as I had plans that would last from 11:00 til like 6:30 pm :( - However, from all accounts the game seems to be pretty damn good, I'm looking here for some feedback on some things:

• How is the combat system looking? To me it seemed really clunky, however from Leo's account he said that it's not that bad, just needs a bit of tweaking.
  • What's the general feel for the game? Do you think it has large potential, do you think it was shit? What's your opinion?
  • Is the game worth buying, does the game have bang for it's buck? Is putting money into this game worthwhile for a person who's played C-RPG and wants to continue playing something like it after C-RPG finally falls into it's resting place

Thanks!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

he,  the god admin.  drink the tea, not ascared to  fight in th  batefield,

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
Re: The Servertest
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 11:21:48 pm »
+5
  • How is the combat system looking?

Nah but srsly

Combat is good, it feels good and it works nice, it has that potential for getting better, it's clunky because the game is clunky and needs optimization. It also needs more "sounds", when you block and when you hit, it'll help in making it more intuitive. There are sounds already, of course, but at least I felt that there could be more to make it more responsive. It's just those small things, and also the fact that I am used to Warband more than to OKAM.

It's got great potential, as soon as the EPIC part with the map control is out it'll be basically EvE in medieval times.

Yes, the combat doesn't feel shit like Chivalry or other games like this and the player-driven campaigns in the Epic will give this game much replayability.
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 01:53:03 am »
+4
(click to show/hide)
:rolleyes:
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 02:37:56 am »
+3
Some people say the combat is clunky - I say
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2892
  • Infamy: 715
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 03:47:30 am »
+5
Combat looks clunky because of leg movement. Upper body and hands do proper moves, but legs and lower body aren't in sync. This is a major issue in every combat simulator, M&B included. Looks a bit better in Bannerlord tho.

Thing about real combat, fighters aren't glued to surface and don't move at constant speed all the time, making exact same steps. That can pass for hand movements because of directional, angular combat making things look a bit different every time. But with leg movement it is always the same thing and is very noticeable. You can get used to it. From what I know, it can't be helped with current technology. You can avert leg issue if you create full body animations  (a lot of them which will pretty much activate in random fashion for same player input) instead of just weapons/hands going in different directions. But but doing that you take a lot of freedom from player.

So yeah combat is a bit clunky, but no more than cRPG already is. It's just that you guys know to play cRPG and you're bit new to this new game, that's all.

Offline Halk

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AmoX
  • Game nicks: Spamwhore, Xanor, david324
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 04:43:34 am »
+2
Fucking hell I'm sad I missed it...

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 09:53:57 am »
The main thing I'm looking for now is voice commands, I think overall that might actually make or break whether I buy the game, as silly as it seems, the voice chat spam has become one of my favourite features of C-RPG lmfao.

Offline Hellsing

• Count
  • Renown: 209
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 10:43:30 am »
grow up

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 10:59:31 am »
+5
The main thing I'm looking for now is voice commands, I think overall that might actually make or break whether I buy the game

Oh god, what has happened to humanity.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 01:43:33 pm »
+4
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Yeldur

• Global Head Retard
  • Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 04:02:23 pm »
+2
Oh god, what has happened to humanity.
THIS IS WHAT C-RPG HAS DONE TO ME GURNI. THIS IS WHAT IT HAS DONE.

Offline slimpyman

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 06:49:59 am »
in my impressions i dont mind the left click swing/stance mechanic.  no idea what right mouse button does at all...   i do think some tweaking is needed. for example. it feels like stock warband instead of crpg. the weapon variety is non existant (no pike)  but more importantly, it seems all swings in all stances seem to have the same speed, where i remembered crpg had different swing speeds on all 4 directions.

Offline Golem

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 12:56:09 pm »
+1
in my impressions i dont mind the left click swing/stance mechanic.  no idea what right mouse button does at all...   i do think some tweaking is needed. for example. it feels like stock warband instead of crpg. the weapon variety is non existant (no pike)  but more importantly, it seems all swings in all stances seem to have the same speed, where i remembered crpg had different swing speeds on all 4 directions.

For 2h right button does parry - you have to be out of stance, time it right and choose right direction.
They probably decided to add all weapons first and only then start balancing - good idea imo.
If you would had a chance to play the bot version, like many of us did and set difficulty to Insane, you would notice that the bot always chose a faster swing than you.
This is just my observation so it might be wrong, but:
Upward strikes were by far the fastest swings, but they didn't have much reach and it was a bit difficult to land them accurately.
Side swings were easy to land and had good reach, but were generally a bit slower.
Side-downstrikes were a bit faster than side swings, but a bit slower than upward strikes - they were a balance between reach, speed and trajectory, i.e. how hard to hit
Overheads were definetely the slowest and a bit ard to land, but had superior reach imo
And finally stabs - long reach, super fast, but very easy to miss the enemy