Author Topic: Retirement  (Read 819 times)

Offline Halk

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AmoX
  • Game nicks: Spamwhore, Xanor, david324
Retirement
« on: June 15, 2016, 04:29:34 pm »
+2
I'm sure this has been suggested like a million times but here I go again:

Why can't we get a fair amount of loompoints from retiring at higher levels? I've got two characters at level 37 and I'd like to retire one of them but the amount of looms is just so miserable compared to the optimal retirement levels. I'm sure there are tons of players who'd like to retire their high levels characters and imo it should give same amount of looms/exp as the lower levels do. It would make the game more interesting again when you could go high level knowing you can always retire the character and get decent amount of loompoints. It would most likely also lower the average level of players.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Re: Retirement
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 06:55:48 pm »
The appeal of high level characters is that they are high level- this gives a tangible benefit in game. If you wanted fair (consistent with level 35 xp requirements to get one) loom points you had the choice to retire at thirty five or even thirty six, and freely choose to go beyond that.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Halk

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AmoX
  • Game nicks: Spamwhore, Xanor, david324
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 07:52:09 pm »
+1
The appeal of high level characters is that they are high level- this gives a tangible benefit in game. If you wanted fair (consistent with level 35 xp requirements to get one) loom points you had the choice to retire at thirty five or even thirty six, and freely choose to go beyond that.

Yeah but you shouldn't be punished for going high level. It's not like you just choose to be high leveled and in exchange you have to give out the ability to get fair amount of loompoints if you wished to retire. People have put time and effort into the game to reach higher levels and now they're stuck because the idea of retiring isn't appealing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 06:56:24 am »
People made a choice that had opportunity costs. If they weren't properly informed that the heirloom gain stopped being proportionally worthwhile beyond level 36 then I empathize with em, that information should be more prominently displayed, but the point of going beyond 35-36 (or over 31 back in the day) was to have a level advantage over others, more skill points, more viable extreme  builds, etc. I don't see it as a punishment, I guess- it comes with its own benefit, a sustained one, too. You also get the aesthetic title to announce your nerd status.

Though since the module is die every retirement should probably just give 12 loompoints whether it's at 35 or 38
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.