Author Topic: Admin, rules, minor announcemets  (Read 34056 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Admin, rules, minor announcemets
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2016, 11:04:50 am »
+1
Yea, I don't think it's wise to get this discussion going right now :wink:
At the end of the day it boils down to politics anyway.

Let's just hope these kind of things do not repeat...
...in everyone's interest.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2016, 11:09:33 am »
+1
Yea, I don't think it's wise to get this discussion going right now :wink:
At the end of the day it boils down to politics anyway.

Let's just hope these kind of things do not repeat...
...in everyone's interest.

One can hope.

Offline Gurgumul

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2016, 11:37:50 am »
anything and everything I say will be taken as offensive and "smug" in nature.
Just get rid of the purple text.

Offline Westwood

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossback, Occitan, Mossitan
  • Game nicks: Westwood
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2016, 11:39:42 am »
+1
@e_wstwd: I wouldn't compare me to the evil witch xD That doesn't speak highly of any of you guys... well never mind, that is pretty fitting.
Do not FUCK with the Lollipop Guild

(click to show/hide)
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2016, 12:13:23 pm »
+3

"We don't trust you to admin but you can still alter the game." I'm not sure that is wise? Given I was in Uthyr's same shoes and  if I were to decide I can't trust a person to make simple decisions; how could I trust this same person to alter the very game everyone plays?

I will never trust you after arrow-gate 2.0 The Sequel.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2016, 12:17:05 pm »
I will never trust you after arrow-gate 2.0 The Sequel.

hahah, that was(is) truly my bad I hope that is fixed sunday when Dupre gets access.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2016, 12:36:55 pm »
+10
"We don't trust you to admin but you can still alter the game." I'm not sure that is wise? Given I was in Uthyr's same shoes and  if I were to decide I can't trust a person to make simple decisions; how could I trust this same person to alter the very game everyone plays?

Admining is not simple decisions or you really sell yourself and others short!
You seem to have adopted a robotic hardline approach to enforcing rules that might work under a AAA game where you oversee thousands of lifeless player names, but we are at a family size now where common sense and understanding > self-destructive application of rules. Everyone will tell you until you finally admit it that the extreme duration of the bans in the n-word affair was wrong, the fact that the bans were supposedly obviously going to be reduced to normal-heavy duration all along was wrong, and not apologizing + threatening to delete an entire community of the game over something that was wrong was wrong.

Now if you have a mind and the skills to tweak the game, why not keep using it even though you are no longer game admin? The fact they are ready to keep that door open means that they trust you will not go out of your way to purposedfully harm the community, even though that could be doubted by many people that doesnt know you. Stop playing the clueless bot :P

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2016, 01:01:17 pm »
+2
the new rule that cmp added - Will mean specificaly that - modifying items as it's done with the heirloom items, sound mods, custom item skins (changing the texture to fit your personal roleplay) is ok, removing weather effects, removing foliage, making buildings transparent, glowing items - not ok.

Sucks that this rule was added during the twilight of crpg, but better late than never I guess. Many players (myself included) had sperged out numerous times before about this sort of blatant cheating. I think it already should have been covered under the "common sense" rule that modifying your client for ingame advantage = bannable offense.

I understand devs thought the other legitimate ways of modifying the game files mentioned were more important, which leads me to ask how the devs plan to enforce the rule, if at all. Will there finally be a file check during launch? Will it prevent the users of these cheats from playing at all or replace the modded files with default ones? It should be like the autoblock/multiaccount threads, mention nothing to the cheater until he is banned and whines on the forum about it, mostly cause I enjoy reading those threads.

Offline Casul

• King
  • Renown: 1010
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
  • Faction: plate goons club, Krems
  • Game nicks: Cassi, Antarctica
  • IRC nick: Cassi
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2016, 01:52:34 pm »

Oberyn is a cunt but I can't agree more on this.

However adding this rule before the incident would have just prevented pandor from posting his videos and in the end he would have never been banned since those kind of modifications are not detectable, are they?
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2016, 02:08:01 pm »
+3
Sucks that this rule was added during the twilight of crpg, but better late than never I guess. Many players (myself included) had sperged out numerous times before about this sort of blatant cheating. I think it already should have been covered under the "common sense" rule that modifying your client for ingame advantage = bannable offense.

I understand devs thought the other legitimate ways of modifying the game files mentioned were more important, which leads me to ask how the devs plan to enforce the rule, if at all. Will there finally be a file check during launch? Will it prevent the users of these cheats from playing at all or replace the modded files with default ones? It should be like the autoblock/multiaccount threads, mention nothing to the cheater until he is banned and whines on the forum about it, mostly cause I enjoy reading those threads.

It was actually covered by the common sense rule, at least for me, but as we saw from the Pandor thread, not everyone uses common sense; It's specified now to make it easier to understand why player can be banned for this.

And yes, at the moment enforcing it is iffy. By making it clear I want at least a couple people to rethink their decisions and treat it like night time abuse in Strat - not something we can enforce, but just common decency. If Dupre ever gets the powers to check it and either force default textures or just report the users, we'll look into it. Cmp was talking about the possiblity of something like a whitelist for mods, but it was years ago. :)
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2016, 02:13:43 pm »
+3
those kind of modifications are not detectable, are they?

Should be detectable. Though someone would need to implement the detection mechanism.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline hellou

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2016, 02:46:23 pm »
+2
Oberyn is a cunt but I can't agree more on this.

However adding this rule before the incident would have just prevented pandor from posting his videos and in the end he would have never been banned since those kind of modifications are not detectable, are they?

Pandor opened our eyes on little helps people used all the time over years like Merc member Burr1k.
Arrow mod existed here since 2012.
http://forum.melee.org/beginner's-help-and-guides/mods-compatible-with-crpg-%28updated-sticky%29/
We just did not know about it cause we didnt play as archer...

And maybe you dont know but the 2h sword you use glow without wse2 because as always chadz cant make things without mistakes/think/ check everything before release. Anyway its easy to block. Crosshair is there broken too, I think.

On the other hand many people use laptops and get lags. They have to exchange earth and wall textures if they want play big starategus battles, so modifying textures can be nötig  because as always chadz cant rework his mod/wse2 and so on in order to make people enjoy the mod without lags.

First post allow modifications:
Will mean specificaly that - modifying items as it's done with the heirloom items, sound mods, custom item skins (changing the texture to fit your personal roleplay) is ok, removing weather effects, removing foliage, making buildings transparent, glowing items - not ok.

#freepandor
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 02:50:05 pm by hellou »

Offline Casul

• King
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2016, 03:27:03 pm »
+1
And maybe you dont know but the 2h sword you use glow without wse2 because as always chadz cant make things without mistakes/think/ check everything before release.

I play with wse2 and all my posted screenshots from any time prove that iirc. It is even easier for the enemies to follow my swings since everyone has that bug.
Also to be fair, chadz didnt break it, he wasnt even really involved in the last patches (1 year + ). + cRPG launcher tells us to use WSE2 otherwise we might experience glitches.

For those who dont know, Claymore doesnt have texture if you play without wse2. Its simply white.
Maybe if Coronoa virus gets rid of 50 percent or more of the world population we can do without a pope and religion.

Offline hellou

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2016, 04:02:53 pm »
+1
It is even easier for the enemies to follow my swings since everyone has that bug.

That is the thing, I wanted let you know...

Offline Casul

• King
  • I like animals
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2016, 04:13:14 pm »
+1
That is the thing, I wanted let you know...

I thought you wanted to accuse ME of cheating/(bug abusing), nvm then  :oops: