Author Topic: Leave or stay in the EU?  (Read 78752 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1895
  • Infamy: 991
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Leave or stay in the EU?
« Reply #840 on: June 26, 2016, 08:03:20 pm »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: June 26, 2016, 08:58:22 pm »
We pay, but have no say: that’s the reality of Norway’s relationship with the EU
Well, that was just about the most pointless thing I've read in a while. It seems to assume that UK wants to do everything different than the EU does, just to be contrary. Which is a moronic assumption. And because Norway does a lot of things the same was as EU (three quarters), it'd be stupid for the UK to leave. When, in point of fact, it's that last quarter that's important and what it's all about.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: June 26, 2016, 09:09:16 pm »
+1
https://imgur.com/a/tTe5d#NHUniCm

You know what's funny? Among those who migrated to GB, right and utra right wing parties, which want us to move out of EU, got sth like 70% of votes in last parliamentary election. So basically those who benefit the most from EU and open borders, want to leave the EU. Yes, I know, mind blowing  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: June 26, 2016, 09:14:58 pm »
I don't get what the shocking part about this is. Yes, there are shitty human beings on the #Brexit side. There are shitty humans beings everywhere.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #845 on: June 26, 2016, 09:18:27 pm »
+1
God I'm sick of this look to Norway business.

Norway has a really unique position that made sense for us not to join in 94.

We simply have a very different type of economy than the rest of EU, and would have very little power to protect our advantages. We export mainly oil, gas and fish, raw products. Like a third world country almost! Since we are the main suppliers of these goods to Europe, it also gives us a unique bargaining power, relative to what we would ask in return. We are rich, near-monopolists. We do not have high-tech industry or financial services on the scale of Sweden and Denmark, as well as a very slow and expensive infrastructure. Tucked in a mountainous, dark, cold corner like we are. Historically, Norway is what Sweden and Denmark wouldn't bother to own. Look at the map, all the flat green areas are on the Swedish side.

So thus, joining EU would especially for us, make us prey to competition in exploiting our natural resources, gaining very little from the high tech and services potential upside. Besides, EU regulations are frequently inspired by the scandinavian, more rational way of doing things, and we have an extremely well functioning society and democracy already.

Politicians anyway joined EEC, by some judged to be like high treason, and Schengen ofc. In almost every practical, visible aspect we are part of the EU. We also have no Say at all. Of 6000 eu regulations we have made only 55 exceptions.

Britain, on the other hand, is flat, well connected to Europe, has a language everyone speaks, replaced their old industry with services and tech, in other words, a perfect EU country. There is no fundamental difference in economy compared to France or Belgium.

Pls stop this ridiculous comparison. No, Britain will not become a second Norway. And I personally think this is the beginning of the end for GREAT britain.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:22:53 pm by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: June 26, 2016, 09:31:00 pm »

The race to indignation.
All political decisions made have it now, with the increasing importance of social medias, and each time it looks like its "new" but it really aint. Backlash happened all the time after important events. Its pretty normal, and at the same time infuriating.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #847 on: June 26, 2016, 09:47:35 pm »

Politicians anyway joined EEC, by some judged to be like high treason, and Schengen ofc. In almost every practical, visible aspect we are part of the EU. We also have no Say at all. Of 6000 eu regulations we have made only 55 exceptions.

Britain, on the other hand, is flat, well connected to Europe, has a language everyone speaks, replaced their old industry with services and tech, in other words, a perfect EU country. There is no fundamental difference in economy compared to France or Belgium.

Pls stop this ridiculous comparison. No, Britain will not become a second Norway. And I personally think this is the beginning of the end for GREAT britain.

Not saying Britain will turn out like Norway. I'm saying that Norway doesn't need to pay even a fraction of the cost the UK does to reap all the benefits of being in the EU, so why should the UK? Do they need non-elected officials in the EU to manage their taxes for them, deciding how much, when and where to invest and spend it? Not saying the EU is awful but I can see how people wouldn't be happy about something like that.

Correct me if i'm wrong but from what I've read the UK contributes more money to the EU then they get back from it by a longshot. It's like putting your money into a savings account and watching it shrink. I'm sure the large contributions to the EU the UK pays all goes into maintaining better EU market conditions, but for who? Refugees? Immigrants? France? Germany? China? Who decides? Non-elected officials.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 10:09:19 pm by Grytviken »

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #848 on: June 26, 2016, 10:09:07 pm »
Well we are first of all about 10 times less people than GB, so a fraction would make sense..

Ok so EU officials etc, people are buying into this crap about EU being this mindless bureaucracy. It consists of the diplomats of each member, and they mostly decide on reasonable shit. If you had been to Britain, you would see how incredibly backwards it really is, and how they wouldn't take damage from some modern thinking.

I'm talking doorhandles turning off the light when you open the door because it hits the switch with the handle, I'm talking 2 tap style for scolding hot and ice cold water, I'm talking driving on the left, I'm talking this: 
(click to show/hide)

I was honestly surprised about the backwardsness of the whole place. The hobbit-size houses, where not 1 fucking wall is straight. The trashyness of the working class, whose hobby it is to break bottles on the street and throw shit into other peoples properties. The constant drinking and the class hate. (both ways)  Add in the weather and the humidity, together with badly ventilated and cold brick housing causing mold to be a normal thing. The notoriously ugly women.. Ok should i stop now?? :D

I understand why Britain left. The poor and perpetually lower class population is brainwashed by the universally accepted "worst press in the world." Easing the pain of their constant self-guilt for being white loosers by blaming others.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Grytviken

• Practicing Scientologist
  • Duke
  • Renown: 504
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Salad_Fork Raven_Grytviken
« Reply #849 on: June 26, 2016, 10:16:27 pm »
Well we are first of all about 10 times less people than GB, so a fraction would make sense..

Ok so EU officials etc, people are buying into this crap about EU being this mindless bureaucracy. It consists of the diplomats of each member, and they mostly decide on reasonable shit. If you had been to Britain, you would see how incredibly backwards it really is, and how they wouldn't take damage from some modern thinking.

I'm talking doorhandles turning off the light when you open the door because it hits the switch with the handle, I'm talking 2 tap style for scolding hot and ice cold water, I'm talking driving on the left, I'm talking this: 
(click to show/hide)

I was honestly surprised about the backwardsness of the whole place. The hobbit-size houses, where not 1 fucking wall is straight. The trashyness of the working class, whose hobby it is to break bottles on the street and throw shit into other peoples properties. The constant drinking and the class hate. (both ways)  Add in the weather and the humidity, together with badly ventilated and cold brick housing causing mold to be a normal thing. The notoriously ugly women.. Ok should i stop now?? :D

I understand why Britain left. The poor and perpetually lower class population is brainwashed by the universally accepted "worst press in the world." Easing the pain of their constant self-guilt for being white loosers by blaming others.

It must also be very hard to negotiate with the EU when half of the nation you are representing disagrees with the other half in which direction the nation should take. But that's why most nations have decided that one Federal government is enough, I can't imagine the headache of having two  :D.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: June 26, 2016, 11:52:07 pm »
No one is saying the UK will literally become a second Norway. What people mean is that like Norway, the UK could be perfectly fine without the EU. The UK is too big of a player in Europe to not get very favorable trade deals etc even if it's not in the European Union.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: June 27, 2016, 12:08:06 am »
+2
Man behind 2nd EU referendum petition was actually a leave supporter
"The referendum was fairly funded; democratically endorsed, every vote was weighted equally and I believe this was a true reflection of the mood of the country." What a hypocritical cunt, starts this thing when his side appeared to be losing and now considers the referendum perfect.

All in all I am enjoying myself watching this all unfold, it got people properly riled up.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #852 on: June 27, 2016, 12:11:21 am »
"The referendum was fairly funded; democratically endorsed, every vote was weighted equally and I believe this was a true reflection of the mood of the country." What a hypocritical cunt, starts this thing when his side appeared to be losing and now considers the referendum perfect.

All in all I am enjoying myself watching this all unfold, it got people properly riled up.

I posted about this commie retard the first time Heskey brought up the petition, earlier in the thread. repost:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 27, 2016, 12:14:38 am »
On an unrelated note, only fucking racists don't want to shower compassion and support on poor foreigners who come to our shores looking for a better life, their poverty is an external factor that is entirely our fault, the disgustingly backward mores they bring with them will adjust in time. Redeemable trash, since they are not white. Any white person who is still poor, because white people are so clearly an ethnic overlord class of the entire planet, obviously is just inherently worthless and can be dismissed as the subhumans they are.

Could you stick to what I actually write, for once? At this rate I could claim that you want to gas all brown people. You whine all the time about people screaming racist yet you do the exact same thing.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: June 27, 2016, 12:23:18 am »
Reading these tweets makes me sad I'm not in England right now, sounds like there would be lots of fun to be had by speaking a bit of Polish in public. That is, if the racism is as wide spread as these tweets make it appear. That's a funny thing these days, isn't it? You can make people believe almost anything if you know how to play the social media game. And that hasn't gone unnoticed by many organizations, who have people researching this shit and then abusing it.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.